That's about all that needs to be said. But I'll add some more:

From NFL.com:

"Geno Smith became the first rookie of the Super Bowl era to throw three touchdowns passes with an 80 percent completion rate and zero interceptions on the road."

Ouch.

We have the worst defense in the league folks. Not average, not below average. The worst. We will give the Saints record a run for their money.

There is not a single healthy linebacker on our roster that has any business starting now on an NFL team. They looked hopelessly lost out there for all of the first half and much of the 2nd. Injuries happen, but we are also reaping the results of multiple poor roster moves. Dent never was and never will be a better replacement for Lofton. And we are now a step down from Dent.

The problem is in THE MIDDLE. Lofton is flourishing with a legit NT. We have no push and stoutness in the middle on either the run OR pass. This is why our LBs, ALL OF OUR LBs including Spoon, are so exposed. They can't fully commit to the run and still cover the plethora of pass routes coming their direction. It's too much to ask of ANYONE without a space eater to take up two blockers so that one LB can run free.

This is also why all successful defenses both in the SEC and NFL are gradually moving to the 3-4. The game is shifting to the pass, and the defenses are adjusting. We have a perfect 3-4 coach, but we refused to address most critical position. NOSE TACKLE. It all starts at the point of attack. We had THREE seventh round picks and passed on a legit 350+ pounder in our backyard from the #2 defense in the country. Instead we got a camp body QB from that football powerhouse Duke. We are not drafting well. We are not drafting smart.

Babs is doing the best he can for a 30 year old gap penetrator. Jerry and Peters are OK, but they would never start at NT on a Super Bowl defense. Our DLine has no push across the board. Osi was a lateral move. Sure he had two sacks. On the first one, nobody blocked him. Jamaal Anderson could've made that sack. Someone else pointed this out: "TD's idea of addressing the pass rush is a couple 3rd day picks and an aged free agent every other year". THAT my friends is why we have no pass rush. Did anyone really think Goodman or Maponga were gonna have an impact on our pass rush? C'mon, be honest.

We let our best CB go because we couldn't or wouldn't pay him. Yet we found money to pay an oft injured average RT playing LT and a safety that can't tackle anyone. Once again, poor personnel decisions. The draft picks at CB look like they will pan out but they were costly in that they didn't address our primary need in the trenches. We also are now suffering from the inevitable rookie mistakes that ALL cornerbacks make.

Let's look at the last line of defense. One thing I can say about Moore. He'll put a helmet on you. You need at least a couple guys like that on your defense. We had two. We now have one. The other was an aging CB who still had somewhat respectable cover skills and would've been a perfect fit for a transition to safety. Yet we resigned a "pro bowl" guy who can't tackle and can't cover either. The 6 picks Decoud had were a smokescreen. Most were poor passes thrown right to him. He would've been PERFECT trade bait, drawing possibly a 2nd/3rd rounder. Once again, poor personnel decisions.

You reap what you sow. There are a lot of things wrong with this current team. Some are simply the odds of injury and bad bounces catching up with us. Some are conditioning. Some are coaching, both at the top and down at the position level. But the overwhelming majority are due to us refusing to address in the draft and FA one fundamental fact that EVERY coach knows: THE GAME IS WON AND LOST IN THE TRENCHES.

147.7. From a rookie. Missing his best weapons. In OUR building. In primetime. Unbelievable. Somebody should be throwing some chairs against a wall in a dressing room somewhere. But I don't really think that's happening.

Edited by since68andcounting

Dude only threw the ball 20 times the entire game. That's literally the least number of attempts allowed to count in record keeping, and it helps to skew the equation's results. But yeah - Falcons suck. Could have used a bunch of OL/DL draftees to build your depth instead of blowing them all on a WR.

Edited by denzien

Smith addressed the team in the locker room after the game, here is what he said:

"Guys, I just want to tell you that you played a hellz of a game tonight. If we would have a few less penlities we could have won this game. Osi, dont think that your 2 sacks really did much for this game, remember, sacks are over rated Osi. Oline good job guys, lets keep it up after the bye week. Dline, great jobs getting after the passer, and to our running game, game ball goes to Rogers for a wonderful performance tonight. Great win all around guys!!! Oh wait we lost, oh well, good games anyways guys, let's go get our checks....

Can someone please tell me why we didnt at least challenge a rookie qb with some blitzing. I mean we did a few times and the results were good. Im so sick of the passive, sit back and wait for mistakes to happen mentality this team has. This is a Mike Smith trait as evidenced by its occurrence year in and year out. I cant take it anymore. My eyeballs are going to pop out of my face

Can someone please tell me why we didnt at least challenge a rookie qb with some blitzing. I mean we did a few times and the results were good. Im so sick of the passive, sit back and wait for mistakes to happen mentality this team has. This is a Mike Smith trait as evidenced by its occurrence year in and year out. I cant take it anymore. My eyeballs are going to pop out of my face

I think they thought the Jets would get tired and quit. I am sorry I would tell my team play hard and bring it till the clock had no time left. Make them work for the win.

you're right if we are going to lose I rather us be aggressive and see what happens

Smith addressed the team in the locker room after the game, here is what he said:

"Guys, I just want to tell you that you played a hellz of a game tonight. If we would have a few less penlities we could have won this game. Osi, dont think that your 2 sacks really did much for this game, remember, sacks are over rated Osi. Oline good job guys, lets keep it up after the bye week. Dline, great jobs getting after the passer, and to our running game, game ball goes to Rogers for a wonderful performance tonight. Great win all around guys!!! Oh wait we lost, oh well, good games anyways guys, let's go get our checks....

Lol , don't forget we'll watch the tape and make corrections

The very first play on the final Jets drive should have been an all out jail house blitz. Get in that rookies face and force him to make a great play. I'm sick of this bend don't break crap.