Falcons Likely To Draft A Wr In The First Round In This Upcoming Draft...

With father time catching up to Roddy White (ankle, hamstring, etc...), Tony Gonzalez retiring, Douglas unable to step it up, and Julio Jones in the last year of his contract and likely signing elsewhere, the Falcons need to draft another WR in the first round to keep this offense rolling. We all saw the troubles the Falcons had scoring in the redzone with Roddy White injured early this season.

While I personally like Sammy Watkins in the first round, he would not pass the Falcon Filter. Mike Evans would be the more likely pick. His 6'5 frame will make him a redzone threat, something the Falcons desperately need. Dimitroff can see the resemblance to Megatron.

With father time catching up to Roddy White (ankle, hamstring, etc...), Tony Gonzalez retiring, Douglas unable to step it up, and Julio Jones in the last year of his contract and likely signing elsewhere, the Falcons need to draft another WR in the first round to keep this offense rolling. We all saw the troubles the Falcons had scoring in the redzone with Roddy White injured early this season.

While I personally like Sammy Watkins in the first round, he would not pass the Falcon Filter. Mike Evans would be the more likely pick. His 6'5 frame will make him a redzone threat, something the Falcons desperately need. Dimitroff can see the resemblance to Megatron.

I nominate Sammy Watkins and we get Chad Morris to come along with him as our new OC and we get Josh McDaniels to replace Smitty and ohhh boy would we be ready to put up 60 a game!!

True. But we need to know how many picks we are giving up for him.

The very, very sad truth is...you might be right. I can clearly see TD drafting another skilled player position, continuing to let the supporting cast suffer, i.e. O line, D line, among others, so they can have a skilled player offense with no O line to allow them to score the monstrous amount of points to overcome what a pathetic defense allows the opponants to score! Yep, that would be one terrific move. And sadly, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Guys, there's much more to a FB team than just skilled players, man, that should be glaring at you in the face...right now!

Edited by gp_74

The very, very sad truth is...you might be right. I can clearly see TD drafting another skilled player position, continuing to let the supporting cast suffer, i.e. O line, D line, among others, so they can have a skilled player offense with no O line to allow them to score the monstrous amount of points to overcome what a pathetic defense allows the opponants to score! Yep, that would be one terrific move. And sadly, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Guys, there's much more to a FB team than just skilled players, man, that should be glaring at you in the face...right now!

Nailed it. No way does he spend a top 10(that's where we are heading) on the lines. It's going to be a WR. He will use Roddy's injury as an excuse for our offensive woes.

QFT. TD can't see what is painfully obvious to most of us and will probably draft a skilled player, sad but true.

Edited by vabchbirdlover

Roddy will be fine once he's 100%, Coffman and Toilolo will be fine after Tony is gone, HD can be easily be replaced, and Julio isn't going anywhere. First 6 picks should be spent on OL/DL. We can find decent TE abd WR after that.

What makes you think Julio isn't going anywhere? Unless we tag him, he's testin the fa after next year.

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Edited by Objective Critic