No One Can Blame Ryan For This Mess

Matt played well most of the game. But to ignore that he didn't have some issues early is silly. Is he the reason we lost? No. But again I forgot that MR never makes a mistake.

Mike Smith and Dirk Koetter not going for the field goal, and running a midget on 4th and goal is why we lost. We have a gutless coaching staff that has our lines playing scared, desperate football. The only time this team is intimidating is when our QB is in control. We only take risks when we are scared, desperate, or both.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Smith and Dirk Koetter not going for the field goal, and running a midget on 4th and goal is why we lost. We have a gutless coaching staff that has our lines playing scared, desperate football. The only time this team is intimidating is when our QB is in control. We only take risks when we are scared, desperate, or both.

Like I stated he was not the reason for the lost. Both there was some moments early on that where questionable. And I can say this about all that played.

Oh, I forgot I am a bog fan of giving Ryan full control of the offense like some of the other good QBs out there.

Two much money is tied into the skilled players on this team.

Can't expect to make Pro-bowlers out of Chicken ish of a OL and DL.

That should have been the thought of Ryan in regards to that contract also.

He should have DEMANDED that he kept his line intact by any means necessary just like Brady did with contract talks.

The guy is fantasy gold, but what the heck is missing?

I really think puting the game in his hands is what's missing. 4th quarter he destroyed that defense. He really did. One of his best performances. Get him in that situation, hurry up type offense. That's my opinion at least. But **** does that D suck.

Same ol crap Matt Ryan pads his stats late in the second half when the other team is playing prevent, looking like he 'fought hard'. Fact remains that he is supposed to be the team's bread and butter, its meal ticket. He is supposed to be the one thing we can count on. He plays average football, allowing teams to build up a lead with our pathetic defense, then 'brings the team back' while they play soft coverage. Then loses late in 'heartbreak' fashion. Same ol tired script. Even when Matt starts hot and puts points on the board early, you can count on him and the defense to allow teams to come back then attempt another perfunctory 'comeback' which would be entirely uneccessary if we had a qb that can put together 4 quarters of solid football.

Bullsh!t. I was at the game. The jets did not play prevent. Neither did the pats. Cromartie was locked on Julio the whole game and really won his battle. They stayed in man coverage and brought pressure. They definitely didn't play prevent defense late in the game. Matt went into no huddle.

Guest Negatorris

Matt Ryan just needs a new head coach that understands him and sees eye to eye with him. Mike Smith ain't the guy. Ryan is definitely a SB caliber QB. That much is apparent.

Bullsh!t. I was at the game. The jets did not play prevent. Neither did the pats. Cromartie was locked on Julio the whole game and really won his battle. They stayed in man coverage and brought pressure. They definitely didn't play prevent defense late in the game. Matt went into no huddle.

Guy clearly didn't watch the game or is trolling.

Two much money is tied into the skilled players on this team.

Can't expect to make Pro-bowlers out of Chicken ish of a OL and DL.

That should have been the thought of Ryan in regards to that contract also.

He should have DEMANDED that he kept his line intact by any means necessary just like Brady did with contract talks.

Gtfoh. Why would any qb take less? Brady took less because he is at the end of his career. Do you also expect cam, wilson, luck, to take less to help the team? Lol you people trip me out with that b.s

Ryans cap hit is low this year. We couldve brought in some players if td wanted to

Edited by BrandonDell_

this is what happens when you build a team around QB and trade 5 picks for Julio

now you understand why I still bring up Julio trade

-lack of depth

- no trenches

It's the philosophy of the team that needs to change. We don't have a Tampa 2 front 4 that Smitty likes to play. Therefore we need to generate pressure by blitzing and playing man coverage. I was at the game and I hit my brother on the jets last drive to see if we blitzed. He said we didn't blitz until they has already crossed the 50. 1st and 10 from the 20 they should've gone after Geno.

Matt Ryan just needs a new head coach that understands him and sees eye to eye with him. Mike Smith ain't the guy. Ryan is definitely a SB caliber QB. That much is apparent.

I think he could do it with smith if he changes his philosophy. Throw that Tampa 2 sh!t out the window because we don't have the front 4 to successfully run it. He needs to let Nolan be the aggressive Nolan he's always been and play man coverage and bring pressure.

The problem with blitzing Geno was him getting on edges and breaking containment

I agree this was horrible defensive play calling by Smitty and Nolan tonight and if this was there plan to combat running QBs wait to we have play Cam lol

Horrible . Geno Smith throwing simple routes and still found Wrs open in space and Wrs and Te running free

NOLAN SUCKS

That's what I'm saying. He didn't take off when we manned up and brought pressure. It was nowhere for him to go. He took off on the Tampa 2 zone sh!t!! Other runs was from the read option. I disagree Nolan sucks but he's running smiths philosophy which sucks. Play man to man and bring pressure. All the good plays from tonight on defense was from man to man. You have to be super accurate in man coverage whereas you can throw to a spot in zone. Geno was hitting his spots.