All This Rhetoric, All This Banter

Bring It

We need this, we need that, injuries everywhere, Smitty's got to go...................on and on and on. The Falcon's problems boil down to TWO basic problems : In the entire NFL........................they have the WORST O-line and D-line. Period. All else is nothing but the CONSEQUENCE of these two GLARING deficiencies. It all starts and ends with their NCAA Div.III quality lines. End of story.

Guarantee our injuries are whats wrong right now. The one that really freaking hurt us that isn't talked about much anymore is Johnson. Losing him and Baker being hurt is killing us the most.

I didn't sleep after Johnson was hurt mysteriously.

After week 11 we should be done with injuries and have player healthy and playing with a vengeance

Which falls on the HC and GM.

Yup..................if there's ONE thing that I've been very disappointed in with TD and Smitty both, it's their level of STANDARDS.......................it's unbelievably LOW. If they honestly think our lines are truly NFL CHAMPIONSHIP quality then they are in fact.................totally clueless.

Draft picks along the lines haven't been good but........ We can't develope our talent. You know why, because our head coach doesn't understand the little nuances that help a guy develope. We draft these guys and they never get a chance to play. You can not develope a guy if he sits and rots on the bench. Even when he has an opportunity to give some of the younger guys a chance to get some experience he doesn't. We have had plenty of opportunities to get guys out there in either meaningless games or games that we have locked up late. Yet, the only way anyone ever gets any play time is through injuries. Heck even that's not always the case. Look at the glaring opportunity we have had to get some of our wide receivers some experience. Those are the things that pay off down the line in an emergency situation when a starter goes out mid game, your backup has some real game experience.

I'm not positive our OL and DL are the worst in the entire NFL, but suffice it to say their collective suckage has hurt this team in numerous big games and on numerous game-changing plays. Where would we be right now if TD and Smith would have spent more high draft picks, money and focus on putting together a dominant pass rush and DL for this team over the past three years? Would that alone have put them in the Super Bowl after the offense got a 17-point lead in the NFCCG? I think it would have. Same could be said for the OL. There hasn't been the necessary effort put in to ensuring this team has a solid foundation, which is the height of irony for an organization run by a brilliant businessman who understands better than most the critical importance of building from a strong base. He's done that with the front office, but somehow, the foundation of the team, its OL and DL, have been a glaring weakness for several years and the problem has metastasized into a cancer that is basically killing this team's chances to stay in the upper tier of the NFL.

At the very least the brain trust of this team must figure out how to upgrade both lines and to do it as a crash priority, starting immediately and continuing through the off-season, the draft, UDFA's, pre-season and into next season. Maybe you have to start by cleaning out the dead wood in the OL and DL coaching ranks, bring in some new blood that have more going for them than they're from the Jags organization and Smitty is comfortable working with them. At any rate, the OL and DL must become the sole focus of this team's efforts to improve. If not the "plateau" this team is perched on will collapse and quickly turn into a sinkhole.

Edited by PokerSteve

We need this, we need that, injuries everywhere, Smitty's got to go...................on and on and on. The Falcon's problems boil down to TWO basic problems : In the entire NFL........................they have the WORST O-line and D-line. Period. All else is nothing but the CONSEQUENCE of these two GLARING deficiencies. It all starts and ends with their NCAA Div.III quality lines. End of story.

Is it just me or do i never know what im gonna get outta Bring It he is a wildcard.But anyways our OLINE is the worst.But our Front 7 needs improvement but idk about worst in league.

Which falls on the HC and GM.

Yup. But mainly on TD.

Guarantee our injuries are whats wrong right now. The one that really freaking hurt us that isn't talked about much anymore is Johnson. Losing him and Baker being hurt is killing us the most.

Injuries are no excuse. All teams have them. And some of them can go on to win the SB (see 2010 GB).

And for Sack Maker. He had one good year, his contract year, and now he is hurt again like usual. Dude was a risk to re-sign long term.....now here we are.

LB corp also among league's worst.

Even with a healthy Weatherspoon this is true. Weatherspoon is just ok. Nice player but that's it. Nothing special.

The Falcons have one of the lowest sack and pressure rates in the league and currently a 5th ranked pass block and Run block Oline. Miami has the worst Oline with a record amount of sacks and pressures, then again with a rookie QB they just had their first loss.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

As for DLine, Falcons D line ranks 17th against run and 30th against pass, then again Denver is 28th against pass and they are doing pretty good.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl

Injuries are no excuse. All teams have them. And some of them can go on to win the SB (see 2010 GB).

Stupid notion.

Look at our injuries and what positions they have been to and tell me that happens to every team and said teams breeze right through the storm. Ish , I was going to list them but there are to many and majority starters in key positions.

You can live in your Madden world. I will live in the real one.

Baker isn't in a contract year, so he is right back to blowing whale dong. His injury (big surprise he's back to his china doll self, by the way) isn't even close to being a valid concern. Get used to him being a salary cap parasite for the remainder of his contract.

Baker isn't in a contract year, so he is right back to blowing whale dong. His injury (big surprise he's back to his china doll self, by the way) isn't even close to being a valid concern. Get used to him being a salary cap parasite for the remainder of his contract.

Believe it when I see it. I won't judge a guys play while injured. Injuries happen to anybody.