Msalmon71 Way Too Early Mock Draft

MSalmon

This draft is about toughening the lines. I doubt we keep taking DEs unless one falls to us. I'm bored so not much analysis :)

Round 1. Antonio Richardson*, OT, Tennessee

Height: 6-6. Weight: 332.

Projected 40 Time: 5.31.

Projected Round (2014): 1-3.

9/14/13: Richardson and Tennessee cruised against Western Kentucky. In pass protection and run blocking, Richardson

Richardson also held his own going against South Carolina superstar Jadeveon Clowney. Richardson has size to go with some athleticism. It wouldn't surprise me to see his stock rise during his junior year. He moves really well for his size and was even used some as a fullback as a freshman in 2011.

--this is our new RT, we can baker and Holmes moves to LT

Round 2.

Cyril Richardson, OT/G, Baylor

Height: 6-5. Weight: 335.

Projected 40 Time: 5.30.

Projected Round (2014): 2-3.

9/14/13: Richardson has been dominant in the early going as Baylor has put up some massive point totals against some weak opponents. Running back Lache Seastrunk has had a lot of success running behind Richardson.

--big road grader...cya Reynolds

Round 3.

Ed Stinson, DE/DT, Alabama

Height: 6-4. Weight: 292.

Projected 40 Time: 4.99.

9/20/13: Stinson is off to a strong start this season with 10 tackles and .5 sacks against Virginia Tech and Texas A&M.

8/10/13: Stinson is a tough run-defender at the point of attack, but doesn't offer much pass rush. He had 30 tackles, 8.5 tackles for a loss and three sacks last year. Stinson recorded 19 tackles, five tackles for a loss, one sack, one forced fumble and a pass broken up in 2011. He was part of a rotation previously, but should play more in 2013 with Quinton Dial and Damien Square in the NFL.

--tweener who'll work well in Nolan's hybrid scheme

round 4.

Max Bullough, ILB, Michigan State

Height: 6-3. Weight: 252.

Projected 40 Time: 4.71.

Projected Round (2014): 3-4.

9/21/13: Bullough has 15 tackles with 2.5 tackles for a loss thus far this season.

8/16/13: Bullough has been one of the better linebackers in the Big Ten over the past few years. He was selected by the coaches as a First-Team All-Big Ten linebacker in 2012 after totaling 111 tackles, 2.5 sacks, one interception and one forced fumble. Bullough was a Second-Team All-Big Ten pick for his 2011 season. He led the Spartans with 89 tackles with seven tackles for a loss, 3.5 sacks.

Bullough has nice bulk and is a strong, physical defender. He is very tough in the tackle box and at the point of attack. The question for the next level is going to be if Bullough is only a run-down linebacker. He needs to show that he can defend the pass and play well in coverage in 2013. The senior also has to demonstrate the ability to get deep in his pass drops. If Bullough can't play in the nickel package, he could fall into the mid- to late rounds.

---get some size in run game. A true thumper

Round 5:

Beau Allen, DT, Wisconsin

Height: 6-3. Weight: 325.

Projected 40 Time: 5.39.

Projected Round (2014): 4-6.

9/20/13: Allen has seven tackles after three games this year.

8/10/13: Allen broke into the starting lineup as a junior and was a solid run-stuffer for the Badgers. He had 37 tackles with 7.5 tackles for a loss, 2.5 sacks and two passes defended. Allen chipped in 22 tackles, 5.5 tackles for a loss and four sacks in 2011. He may be best in the NFL as a nose tackle who is mainly used for run defense.

--finally a NT

Round 6.

Alfred Blue*, RB, LSU

Height: 6-2. Weight: 220.

Projected 40 Time: 4.60.

Projected Round (2014): 4-5.

9/7/13: With Jeremy Hill's status in question, LSU turned to Blue to lead its ground game against TCU. He ran for 89 yards on 19 carries.

8/3/13: The LSU Tigers have had a running back-by-committee approach that makes it tough for any one back to stand out. He won the competition to be the starting running back for the 2012 season. Blue only played in three gamesm but ran for 270 yards and two touchdowns on 40 carries. He suffered a knee injury that caused him to miss the rest of the year. Blue ran for 539 yards on 78 carries with seven touchdowns in 2011.

---talented back stuck in committee

Round 7

Arthur Lynch, TE, Georgia

Height: 6-5. Weight: 258.

Projected 40 Time: 4.78.

9/9/13: Lynch recorded one reception for 18 yards in the opener against Clemson.

8/3/13: Lynch was a solid replacement for Orson Charles in 2012. Lynch didn't provide the big plays that Charles did, but was reliable for Georgia. The junior had 26 receptions for 448 yards and three touchdowns last year. Lynch did a nice job of blocking in the ground game. He was a backup before 2012.

--why not?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This draft is about toughening the lines. I doubt we keep taking DEs unless one falls to us. I'm bored so not much analysis smile.png

Round 1. Antonio Richardson*, OT, Tennessee

Height: 6-6. Weight: 332.

Projected 40 Time: 5.31.

Projected Round (2014): 1-3.

9/14/13: Richardson and Tennessee cruised against Western Kentucky. In pass protection and run blocking, Richardson

Richardson also held his own going against South Carolina superstar Jadeveon Clowney. Richardson has size to go with some athleticism. It wouldn't surprise me to see his stock rise during his junior year. He moves really well for his size and was even used some as a fullback as a freshman in 2011.

--this is our new RT, we can baker and Holmes moves to LT

Round 2.

Cyril Richardson, OT/G, Baylor

Height: 6-5. Weight: 335.

Projected 40 Time: 5.30.

9/14/13: Richardson has been dominant in the early going as Baylor has put up some massive point totals against some weak opponents. Running back Lache Seastrunk has had a lot of success running behind Richardson.

--big road grader...cya Reynolds

Round 3.

Ed Stinson, DE/DT, Alabama

Height: 6-4. Weight: 292.

Projected 40 Time: 4.99.

9/20/13: Stinson is off to a strong start this season with 10 tackles and .5 sacks against Virginia Tech and Texas A&M.

8/10/13: Stinson is a tough run-defender at the point of attack, but doesn't offer much pass rush. He had 30 tackles, 8.5 tackles for a loss and three sacks last year. Stinson recorded 19 tackles, five tackles for a loss, one sack, one forced fumble and a pass broken up in 2011. He was part of a rotation previously, but should play more in 2013 with Quinton Dial and Damien Square in the NFL.

--tweener who'll work well in Nolan's hybrid scheme

round 4.

Max Bullough, ILB, Michigan State

Height: 6-3. Weight: 252.

Projected 40 Time: 4.71.

Projected Round (2014): 3-4.

9/21/13: Bullough has 15 tackles with 2.5 tackles for a loss thus far this season.

8/16/13: Bullough has been one of the better linebackers in the Big Ten over the past few years. He was selected by the coaches as a First-Team All-Big Ten linebacker in 2012 after totaling 111 tackles, 2.5 sacks, one interception and one forced fumble. Bullough was a Second-Team All-Big Ten pick for his 2011 season. He led the Spartans with 89 tackles with seven tackles for a loss, 3.5 sacks.

Bullough has nice bulk and is a strong, physical defender. He is very tough in the tackle box and at the point of attack. The question for the next level is going to be if Bullough is only a run-down linebacker. He needs to show that he can defend the pass and play well in coverage in 2013. The senior also has to demonstrate the ability to get deep in his pass drops. If Bullough can't play in the nickel package, he could fall into the mid- to late rounds.

---get some size in run game. A true thumper

Round 5:

Beau Allen, DT, Wisconsin

Height: 6-3. Weight: 325.

Projected 40 Time: 5.39.

9/20/13: Allen has seven tackles after three games this year.

8/10/13: Allen broke into the starting lineup as a junior and was a solid run-stuffer for the Badgers. He had 37 tackles with 7.5 tackles for a loss, 2.5 sacks and two passes defended. Allen chipped in 22 tackles, 5.5 tackles for a loss and four sacks in 2011. He may be best in the NFL as a nose tackle who is mainly used for run defense.

--finally a NT

Round 6.

Alfred Blue*, RB, LSU

Height: 6-2. Weight: 220.

Projected 40 Time: 4.60.

Projected Round (2014): 4-5.

9/7/13: With Jeremy Hill's status in question, LSU turned to Blue to lead its ground game against TCU. He ran for 89 yards on 19 carries.

8/3/13: The LSU Tigers have had a running back-by-committee approach that makes it tough for any one back to stand out. He won the competition to be the starting running back for the 2012 season. Blue only played in three gamesm but ran for 270 yards and two touchdowns on 40 carries. He suffered a knee injury that caused him to miss the rest of the year. Blue ran for 539 yards on 78 carries with seven touchdowns in 2011.

---talented back stuck in committee

Round 7

Arthur Lynch, TE, Georgia

Height: 6-5. Weight: 258.

Projected 40 Time: 4.78.

9/9/13: Lynch recorded one reception for 18 yards in the opener against Clemson.

8/3/13: Lynch was a solid replacement for Orson Charles in 2012. Lynch didn't provide the big plays that Charles did, but was reliable for Georgia. The junior had 26 receptions for 448 yards and three touchdowns last year. Lynch did a nice job of blocking in the ground game. He was a backup before 2012.

--why not?

I think we are good at TE as is maybe sign an UDFA but other than that its a great draft

I really like James Gayle out of Virginia Tech and i love the Max Bullough pick

I really gotta tweak your draft

1st-Taylor Lewan Michigan OT

2nd-Cyril Richardson Baylor OG

3rd-James Gayle VT DE

4th-Max BulloughMichigan State MLB

5th-Eathyn Manumaleuna BYU DT

6th-Jon Halapio Florida OG

7th-Garrison Smith Georgia DT

Im a uga fan so this is probabky homerism but I would love lynch. A good all around TE that we clearly dont have. I dont think he will fall that far though. He will be all SEC with a lot of TDs and probably go 4th-5th. Hes bettet than toilolo who went in that range

Reynolds isn't the issue.

Disagree. Reynolds has been around long enough to know his assignments. He simply can not push DL's backwards. We need a better road grader at RG. I think that Richardson would be a great addition, but I wonder whether he will be available by our second pick.

I was a bit offended when td picked non sec players this year. I was quickly over it after watching 2 solid corners emerge. Goodman will get his chance too. He's hasn't even hit his ceiling yet. The only OT I really like is the LT out of Texas am. That entire oline is solid tho. Although it's way too early to mock, I see some good pedigree out of the interior dline position. I would like that nt out of Notre dame. Louis nicks is his name I think. I would to see our lbers attack their gaps w/o the trash build up. We need more control and some nasty bullies in the scrimmage line. Bring some attitude...also that defense on michigan state u is slightly above average. They got some good talent there.

The tackle from Tennesse Richardson isn't first round pick IMO. They have played a really weak schedule and that QB has been getting killed all year. They guy we need plays for Bama. There are lots of good lineman in this draft but we won't be focused on taking one early. Mike Johnson will be back next season and they will stick with hopeless. We probably go OLine in the 3rd. First 2 picks will probably be on defense.

Three words Kyle Van Noy, we need a serious game changer on the defense, i think this is a year that we need to find a way to pull off two first round picks, if not then id go game changing defender and start on the line in round two. Maybe try to get brandon albert from the skins. I like holmes potential at LT if he can shapen up, but we need a serious RT and some straight mean guards on our line if we wanna compete and we will have to look to free agency for what we need unfortunately. As for van noy, nich should be cut and we might not deem spoon worth what he will most likely be asking when his contract is up and while i love spoon i just think hes not as much of an impact player as van noy could be. Its a tough descision but van noy has been a consistant beast in coverage and getting to the QB every year. We want a game changing defender? I believe van noy is that guy.

Why are you trying to replace Reynolds? He's had literally one bad game in the last season and a half, and he was playing injured in that one. If there's anybody on the current OL that I don't think needs replaced, it's Reynolds and Konz.

I am not seeing Reynolds in the same light. Clearly, TD is supporting him, so you may be right.

My main disappointment with Reynolds is his lack of dominance in the run game. Every other posiition along the OL has over riding responsibilities beyond the run game. The left side of the line has to protect Ryan's back side.......if they lack run blocking dominance, so be it. The RT should be a good run blocker, but he is also very important in the pass game. The center makes all the calls and is usually asked to be a good, solid all around blocker.

The RG is the one OL that must dominate in run blocking. Our OC does not call runs behind Reynolds because of his consistent failures to get push up the field. I don't know whether it is poor technique, or simply a matter of Reynold's height robbing him of low leverage. Whatever the reason, Reynolds does not open holes. And, to me, that is a big problem.

I am a simple football observer, so if I am wrong, give me your view. I am always willimg to learn.

Never too early, Ive been looking at prospects since college season started. This is where Im at so far.

1-OL-David Yankee-OL swiss army knife as he can play well anywhere which makes him perfect for us considering our desire to have players with multiplicity.

2-DT-Dominique Easley-Simple, he is highly disruptive in the middle and we added two DE's last year. DT is an obvious choice this year.

3-CB-Marcus Roberson-Another good corner is always needed, especially when you might cut an expensive vet and McClain is a free agent.

4-OL-Jack Mewhort-I really like him as a RT/RG and I think he could push to start at one or the other with Yankee playing the other. Yankee pulls so well I think he is a pro bowl RG for us from day one. At worst Mewhort is back up RT if he doesnt make a real push for it. Schraeder could win it next year anyway.

5-RB-David Fluellen-Catches, moves, I like him, especially here.

6-WR-Eric Ward-He blocks, has quick feet to separate in close quarters(red zone) and good hands.

7-FS-Terrence Brooks-He might be the better pick in rd 5 but good safeties lasted till rd 7 last year. Quick, hits hard, tackles well, and makes plays on the ball.

We can bet that we will trim the fat from the payroll this off season and the obvious choices are after the automatic savings from Gonzalez 7.5 mil (retirement).

1-Stephen Nicholas 3.5 mil. beaten out by an UDFA, he is gone and Omar Gaither could be retained on the cheap as well further ensuring he is a cap casualty.

2-Asante Samuel 6.5 mil. played little thus far and has not been an issue. The rookies will be better prepared to start in year two and another draft to restock the cupboard make his money an obvious choice to come off the books.

Of that 17.5 mil half could be reinvested in keeping our free agents like Julio, Spoon, Babinaux, Peters, and McClain, while the other half could land us one prize free agent like TE Jimmy Graham who the saints simply should not be able to win a bidding war for. He drops the ball too much for me to pay top dollar but he gets open in a special way. I would prefer Greg Olsen if he becomes a free agent.

Edited by Bier-fann

We need an every down running back......we need to find jackson's replacement now. this running back by committee only works if you got good backs. we don't use the ones we got......why? the coaching staff has no faith in them. how many backs in the league that can create space? none of them appear to be on our team. we need a better option at running back

We need an every down running back......we need to find jackson's replacement now. this running back by committee only works if you got good backs. we don't use the ones we got......why? the coaching staff has no faith in them. how many backs in the league that can create space? none of them appear to be on our team. we need a better option at running back

It will be difficult to get a premier back past the first three rounds, provided they do actually focus on the trenches this year. Depending on who declares this may be a deep RB class and that becomes a possibility, but most likely the long term answer at RB will be picked up in 2015.