“Rape The Gay Away” Pastor Won’T Serve Time: Notorious Iowa Pastor Gets His Sentence Reduced And Visitation Rights With His Children

Billy Ocean

Iowa pastor and youth counselor Brent Girouex, who claimed with a straight face that he was trying to “cure” teenage boys of their “homosexual urges” by having sex with them, has had his sentence reduced from 17 years in prison to sex offender treatment and probation.

Since Girouex confessed to having sex with four underage boys, eight additional young men have come forward saying they were sexually violated by the 31-year-old pastor. Girouex, who is not longer a pastor at the Victory Fellowship Church, believed that he could rape away the gay by “praying while he had sexual contact” with the boys, all in an effort to keep them “sexually pure” for God.

According to reports, he told police that “when they would ejaculate, they would be getting rid of the evil thoughts in their mind.”

Girouex, a married father of four, has had a fair share of backlash since he publicly made his disturbing practices known. One of his most ardent opponents is his wife Erin, who has spoken out against both him and the reduced sentence he received after the initial 17 years he was to serve in prison.

“I don’t want [my children] anywhere near him,” Erin Girouex said to KCII local news. She stated that she has plans for divorce, but that her husband’s wanting to see their kids has complicated matters. Currently, he has a court-ordered, twice-per-month visitation schedule, where he must be supervised by his own mother.

While the claim of raping in order to make the victim sexually pure is novel, rapists having their sentences reduced to virtually nothing is not. Girouex’s drastic sentence reduction follows closely behind the heels of the actions of a Montana judge, who sentenced a convicted rapist to serve just 30 days in jail, and made comments about how his 14-year-old victim was an active participant in the sexual relationship. The victim, a girl in this case, subsequently committed suicide, and the judge apologized for his remarks, but left the light sentence in place.

http://www.salon.com...pastor_partner/

This is why we need the boondock saints.

Wordup. Or at least some Charles Bronson Deathwish mother****ers.

I recently had opportunity to watch a Deathwish marathon on AMC. I didn't do anything the entire day except get high and watch Charles Bronson shoot Jeff Goldblum and Laurence Fishburn with a revolver. It was glorious.

Someone should start a Deathwish appreciation thread. The first one is a legitimately good movie, at least.

I wish I could have given this lesbian dancer, that lived above me years ago, a 'stab' at being saved, lol.

Seriously, when a man of the church does something like this, it's doubly bad because it's evil to begin with and of course the freak is supposed to being the opposite and helping people against 'evil'.

But we can't judge organized religion based on the actions of a minority...can we?

Yes we can. If we can judge pitbulls based on the frequency of their reported attacks, then surely we can judge the church based on the frequency of reported kid *******.

If one dude banged one kid in one church one time then it would be a messed up, but isolated instance of insanity. This **** has been happening for hundreds of years, though.

Yes we can. If we can judge pitbulls based on the frequency of their reported attacks, then surely we can judge the church based on the frequency of reported kid *******.

If one dude banged one kid in one church one time then it would be a messed up, but isolated instance of insanity. This **** has been happening for hundreds of years, though.

Sooooo, Zim was right to be suspicious?

That's why I was confused with him prefacing his comment with, "I don't care if this guy is a pastor..."

Being a pastor doesn't mean anything. It's like being a bank teller.

In by book, it makes it doubly worse, but then I've always thought hypocrisy to be repugnant when it involves religion.