With All The Trades...why Aren't We Making Any?

kelvin31063

I just wonder does our front office and coaching staff feel they have all the right pieces. From what I'm seeing WE DO NOT. So why not try to patch at least one position with a draft pick? I'm not saying a trade is the answer to all but it looks like we are just riding the bus until the wheels fall off. The deadline is approaching and I'm sure we will just watch pass us by as always.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only move I saw was NO went out and got the best return man from the CFL.

Thats a move I wish we would make. Like Ive said before, you can find electric return men in the middle of the season. We should get one, and figure out how to actually block for him.

Who should we trade for?

The amount of players that are available for the right negotiations are almost limitless with some exceptions. I'm sure the Ravens, Panthers, Giants, Browns, Colts, and others' fans didn't predict their trades YET they were made. I'm a fan and I don't hold a position to make or even suggest a trade scenario. That's what we pay into to have managed by the organization, so it is my right to speculate why we aren't making ANY? I now remember why I rarely post on this board though I've been a member since 2005. You guys just lurk the boards to attack any and every post that's made to sound more competent than the next person. I'm sorry that your life is so miserable that you have nothing better to do.

The amount of players that are available for the right negotiations are almost limitless with some exceptions. I'm sure the Ravens, Panthers, Giants, Browns, Colts, and others' fans didn't predict their trades YET they were made. I'm a fan and I don't hold a position to make or even suggest a trade scenario. That's what we pay into to have managed by the organization, so it is my right to speculate why we aren't making ANY? I now remember why I rarely post on this board though I've been a member since 2005. You guys just lurk the boards to attack any and every post that's made to sound more competent than the next person. I'm sorry that your life is so miserable that you have nothing better to do.

What the **** are you talking about? How was asking who you would trade for an attack?

Another topic....why don't we ever focus on our return game? We haven't had anyone decent under Smitty at all.

Weems was great. We have had fair-catch Franks for a while and we all screamed for HD, but now that they decide to use HD they draft Alford. I'm all for Alford taking the job, it can't get anymore non-existent anyway.

Lol are you serious?????

WTF are you talking about? How was asking who you would trade for an attack?

As I stated. It's not my job to research and analyze the league for talent because there is so much involved that I could never do it efficiently unless of course I've been paid to do it for years...as per say OUR FRONT OFFICE. We will trade massive draft picks in the draft but wont let a single one go during the season.

Edited by kelvin31063

As I stated. It's not my job research and analyze the league for talent because there is so much involved that I could never do it efficiently unless of course I've been paid to do it for years...as per say OUR FRONT OFFICE. We will trade massive draft picks in the draft but wont let a single one go during the season.

Then why post this thread? Someone has to be available before you can make a trade. So who is available? This isn't Madden, you can't just go around asking for players at random.

I guess he doesn't like field position. He just relies on horrible punts for the opponent and for Harry Douglas to amp a big return to only get tackled two yards later.

Nope why start from the 35 when you can start from the 20????

Weems was great. We have had fair-catch Franks for a while and we all screamed for HD, but now that they decide to use HD they draft Alford. I'm all for Alford taking the job, it can't get anymore non-existent anyway.

I wouldn't say Weems was great but he was relative what has come after him. My only gripe with Weems is that he always managed to get caught when he broke or get tackled by the punter or kicker.

Edited by kelvin31063

As I stated. It's not my job to research and analyze the league for talent because there is so much involved that I could never do it efficiently unless of course I've been paid to do it for years...as per say OUR FRONT OFFICE. We will trade massive draft picks in the draft but wont let a single one go during the season.

in season trade really don't work out that well. And it usually is for a player with 1 year remaining and wants a payday after the year.

cause we don't need to. we need to quit babying some of the players we got playing and play some we got on the bench. for instance, if Travian Robertson is healthy suit his big butt up and get him in there. you want Holmes to punch somebody in the mouth ... make him!! grab him by the facemask and say 'we going deep on this one, you better NOT let your guy near me' and if he takes his guy out grab him by the facemask and say 'great job!' you want DeCoud to quit whiffing on tackles? next time he does, send him to the locker room & next man up. bet they won't miss that tackle and next time DeCoud sees the field he won't either. we got good enough to have us in every game we've played this. we lead the league in red zone trips. we've gotten late game stops when we needed them so common sense tells me we probably could stop teams earlier in games too. and the one thing I would do to change the outcome of this season is fire Ray Hamilton and get Chuck Smith. the D-line would improve by his 3rd week

Another topic....why don't we ever focus on our return game? We haven't had anyone decent under Smitty at all.

One thing for sure is..............the Browns have found theirs in Travis Benjamin. The Falcons seem to feel this is not an important piece to waste a pick on................same 'ole Walmart approach.

It would be stupid to sacrifice future draft picks for a player that would not even play for a few weeks in a season that is already probably lost. Why would we make a trade and take away future picks? People need to realize this season is toast and no amount of trades are going to save it with all the injuries we have. We are much better off riding this season for better or worse getting young players alot of playing time and then addressing our obvious needs next off season without throwing away future draft picks on what amounts to putting duck tape on the titanic.

This is going to be a rough year but we will end up being alot better off in the long term because our young players are going to be on the field alot. I know it's hard but just accept the fact this is not our year. When teams panic and start throwing away draft picks for scrubs mid year it just causes a ripple effect later down the line.

Even great franchises have a down year every now and then and this is ours. If you panic and freak out and start trading picks you screw up future options to fill actual holes that are not caused by injury.

Edited by MAD597

Then why post this thread? Someone has to be available before you can make a trade. So who is available? This isn't Madden, you can't just go around asking for players at random.

Those players weren't on the trading block that were traded...at least not publicly. If a trade is made that means they were initially unavailable until negotiations made them available. Free agents are available. Players under contract aren't.

Those players weren't on the trading block that were traded...at least not publicly. If a trade is made that means they were initially unavailable until negotiations made them available. Free agents are available. Players under contract aren't.

Who on earth are you going to trade for that will actually make a difference right now when we have around 9 starters out due to injury? Can we trade for Denver's entire Oline and Seattle's entire defense? If not than any one trade isn't going to make a difference