Ou's Bob Stoops After Sec Again

http://espn.go.com/c...id=sportscenter

Bob Stoops is at it again.

The Oklahoma coach took another shot at the SEC on Wednesday night, questioning the league's reputation for quality defenses just months after calling its mystique "propaganda."

"Just a few years ago, we had all the quarterbacks," Stoops said in a small session with beat reporters, according to The Oklahoman. "And now, all of a sudden, we can play a little better defense and some other people can't play defense.

"Funny how people can't play defense when they have pro-style quarterbacks over there, which we've had. They're all playing in the NFL right now."

SEC teams have had difficulty slowing down the stellar quarterbacks in their league this season, including Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel, Georgia's Aaron Murray and LSU's Zach Mettenberger.

Meanwhile, former Big 12 stars such as Baylor's Robert Griffin III, Oklahoma State's Brandon Weeden and Texas A&M's Ryan Tannehill currently are playing in the NFL after terrorizing the conference's defenses with their arms in years past.

Stoops has consistently pointed to Texas A&M, which left the Big 12 for the SEC prior to the 2012 season, then put up stellar offensive numbers in the SEC, as an example of the type of offense his Sooners had to face regularly in Big 12 play.

With Tannehill under center, the Aggies averaged 39.1 points and 490.2 yards per game as a member of the Big 12 in 2011. With Manziel taking snaps, Texas A&M averaged 44.5 points and 558.5 yards per game as a member of the SEC in 2012.

"I still don't know how (Texas) A&M was third in the country in total offense and scoring offense playing all those SEC defenses. I have no idea how that happened," Stoops said. "Oh, they got a quarterback. That's right."

Edited by RedandBlack4Life!

AT&T COTTON BOWL

Final

245.png

(9) Texas A&M 41

(11-2, 6-2 SEC)

201.png

(11) Oklahoma 13

(10-3, 8-1 Big 12)

Coverage: FOX

8:00 PM ET, January 4, 2013

AT&T STADIUM, ARLINGTON, TX

1 2 3 4 T #9 TA&M 7 7 20 7 41 #11 OKLA 3 10 0 0 13

Top Performers

Passing: J. Manziel (TA&M) - 287 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT

Rushing: J. Manziel (TA&M) - 17 CAR, 229 YDS, 2 TD

Receiving: R. Swope (TA&M) - 8 REC, 104 YDS, 1 TD

Butthurt. Stoops is 3-4 versus SEC teams and is currently on a 3 game losing streak. Perhaps he should focus less on what the media says about how good and dominating the SEC is and more on his failures against them.instead. I like coaches with guts but when they rant like this they sound like azzclowns.

Edited by Dawggone

Is it hating if true? I mean besides Bama, the SEC defenses aren't good. And Bama defense isn't anything to fear either.

Florida has the #2 defense in the country FWIW, but they've also played nobody worthy of offensive praise.

The lack of defense is a football-wide epidemic, not just the SEC, and not just NCAA football either. NOBODY in the NFL can play defense anymore.

There are finally too many rules that prevent a defense from being truly dominant.

Florida has the #2 defense in the country FWIW, but they've also played nobody worthy of offensive praise.

The lack of defense is a football-wide epidemic, not just the SEC, and not just NCAA football either. NOBODY in the NFL can play defense anymore.

There are finally too many rules that prevent a defense from being truly dominant.

yeah UF only played Miami and our offense sucked bad in that game. And I agree that the rule changes are the issue. People love seeing high scoring games

bob needs to just shutup.. he needs to focus on winning games and stop trying to put down the SEC because his team loses bowel control when they play anyone worth a pulse that isn't in their conference. it shows how small minded he is that he needs to go out of his way to put down a conference in the middle of the season. focus on winning games bob and stop acting so petty.

Is it hating if true? I mean besides Bama, the SEC defenses aren't good. And Bama defense isn't anything to fear either.

Its hating if its not precipitated by something and if you just start calling people out. Why don't he shut up and worry about his own conference. If he wants to change the perception beat em. As Flair said, "to be the man u gotta beat the man",

Since inception of BCS (15 seasons):

SEC - 9

Everyone else - 6

BIG 12 - 2

ACC. - 2

PAC 12 - 1

BIG 10 - 1

Speaks for itself.

Its hating if its not precipitated by something and if you just start calling people out. Why don't he shut up and worry about his own conference. If he wants to change the perception beat em. As Flair said, "to be the man u gotta beat the man",

Since inception of BCS (15 seasons):

SEC - 9

Everyone else - 6

BIG 12 - 2

ACC. - 2

PAC 12 - 1

BIG 10 - 1

Speaks for itself.

well the only "man" is Bama. Everyone else is running second.

Bama is not a conference. Bama is the product of a conference (and great head coach). LSU and Florida have had pretty dominant teams as well and Georgia has had some great teams that just didn't win a game they should have to be there at the end a few times. The SEC dominance is not just Bama. The SEC had more BCS titles than any other conference before Bama had one at all and Bama accounts for 3 of the 9 that SEC teams have won. So uh... yeah. Conference means nothing, I guess.

If Stoops wants to talk up A&M being good and what not, then he should realize A&M got beaten by every SEC team they played for years while in the Big 12. Oklahoma has as well. Without Manziel, who is an elite QB, A&M is not a factor in the SEC. I don't know why people still don't understand that the level of play in this conference makes the really good teams even better, though.

5 different teams have won a national title out of those 9 and 3 of them bama, gators and lsu have won two or more. I could really care what you think of the sec, whatever, but the numbers are the numbers. If I'm correct the only loss in the title game was to another sec team.

Edited by richham

Has Bama not won back to back titles? Are they not the two time defending champion? So that means they are the best and everyone else is running second. SEC is the best conference cause they have the most top level teams. Still doesn't change the fact that every SEC team is running second behind Bama right now. They are the class of the SEC and college football right now. And that is a fact