How Many Separate Gov't Shutdown Threads Do You People Need To Make?

Billy Ocean

**** this **** shutdown... We are heading up to Gatlinburg TN this weekend (which is right outside the Smokey Mountain National Park). It wasn't until last night that it hit me that the park will be closed. Oh well guess we'll make the best of it in our cabin and find other stuff around there. It's our first vacation with out our son...

**** this **** shutdown... We are heading up to Gatlinburg TN this weekend (which is right outside the Smokey Mountain National Park). It wasn't until last night that it hit me that the park will be closed. Oh well guess we'll make the best of it in our cabin and find other stuff around there. It's our first vacation with out our son...

Does that mean the blue ridge parkway is closed?

Does that mean the blue ridge parkway is closed?

Google says yes the blue ridge parkway is closed... From what I've read, only the two main roads through the smokey mountain national park will be open. All trails, parking, shops etc will be closed. I'm having a hard time figuring out how they can stop me from hiking a trail. I guess perhaps rope off the parking but there is always people just parked along the road.

Google says yes the blue ridge parkway is closed... From what I've read, only the two main roads through the smokey mountain national park will be open. All trails, parking, shops etc will be closed. I'm having a hard time figuring out how they can stop me from hiking a trail. I guess perhaps rope off the parking but there is always people just parked along the road.

Interesting...my FIL has a mountain house that I'm pretty sure can only be accessed by the parkway.

Guest terryowens81

I say make as many as possible until more people realize Obamacare is another piece of corporatist legislation designed for a cash grab in yet another top industrial sector of the economy. Transferring healthcare expenses to the government balance sheet is sure to manufacture some untapped earnings growth for certain entities. They did it with mortgage derivatives. Why not legacy healthcare costs too?

10-15 years from now we'll be debating about what went wrong with the single payer system and why nobody was smart enough to stop it from happening.

I say make as many as possible until more people realize Obamacare is another piece of corporatist legislation designed for a cash grab in yet another top industrial sector of the economy. Transferring healthcare expenses to the government balance sheet is sure to manufacture some untapped earnings growth for certain entities. They did it with mortgage derivatives. Why not legacy healthcare costs too?

10-15 years from now we'll be debating about what went wrong with the single payer system and why nobody was smart enough to stop it from happening.

You made a post that wasn't a massive wall of text. I'm surprised