Are We Finally Calming Down?

Big_Dog

It is bad when you just paid your QB 100 million plus contract and have high expectations..bottom mention them practically begging gonzo to come back..

Ryan is out there throwing up stats, without White, Jackson and with a piss poor OL.

It is bad when you just paid your QB 100 million plus contract and have high expectations..

Esp. when an occasional pass goes way off target for no reason. Being rushed and in a hurry is understandable but when it sails over the receivers head with no pressure it makes you wonder.

I wasn't all that upset about the loss to the Patriots because I really didn't expect the Falcons to win. The Dolphins game still pisses me off though. Oh well. At least the Falcons will have earned a top 10 pick this season so Thomas Dimitroff can actually make a successful pick without trading away extra picks.

Esp. when an occasional pass goes way off target for no reason. Being rushed and in a hurry is understandable but when it sails over the receivers head with no pressure it makes you wonder.

When you have a fkg coordinator rolling a right handed QB to the left theres a pretty good chance of that happening. Ryan has never been that great throwing on the run to start with. That was a garbage play by a garbage OC and the result is not surprising. More example of red zone panic by our coaching staff. They seem to have turned into amatuers the last 10 games or so.

When you have a fkg coordinator rolling a right handed QB to the left theres a pretty good chance of that happening. Ryan has never been that great throwing on the run to start with. That was a garbage play by a garbage OC and the result is not surprising. More example of red zone panic by our coaching staff. They seem to have turned into amatuers the last 10 games or so.

In fairness to Koetter, Ryan has made that throw rolling out to his left many, many times in his career. Heck I would say he has actually been better in his career at rolling left than he has at rolling right. Also I remember at one point, years ago ,looking at the numbers and seeing how much better they were for Ryan throwing left than throwing right. I don't know if that is still the case but it's weird. Usually a QB is better throwing on the side of his throwing arm, not the opposite side.

In fairness to Koetter, Ryan has made that throw rolling out to his left many, many times in his career. Heck I would say he has actually been better in his career at rolling left than he has at rolling right. Also I remember at one point, years ago ,looking at the numbers and seeing how much better they were for Ryan throwing left than throwing right. I don't know if that is still the case but it's weird. Usually a QB is better throwing on the side of his throwing arm, not the opposite side.

That may be true, I am not a stat guy but you have to agree it is a product of overall panic that sets in when we are in the red zone, its like the whole team tightens up and shyts themselves, coaches included. It always happened in pressure situations like "play off games" now it just happens all the time. The coaching has to do a better job with everything in the red zone. This team is not prepared mentally, play wise, and now apparently physically. We have players who are tired because they are not in shape so we have breakdowns in protection. Yeah Coaching.I am talking red zone here, the rest of the time we have no problem moving the ball we have had more rz looks than any team.

That may be true, I am not a stat guy but you have to agree it is a product of overall panic that sets in when we are in the red zone, its like the whole team tightens up and shyts themselves, coaches included. It always happened in pressure situations like "play off games" now it just happens all the time. The coaching has to do a better job with everything in the red zone. This team is not prepared mentally, play wise, and now apparently physically. We have players who are tired because they are not in shape so we have breakdowns in protection. Yeah Coaching.I am talking red zone here, the rest of the time we have no problem moving the ball we have had more rz looks than any team.

Agreed

It's almost as if the team has lost confidence in themselves when in the red zone. Maybe this is a result from last years Championship loss? I truely believe this team is not over last seasons Championship lost because, every game since then has been almost identical to those last two games (Hawks/49ers). We come out "Blazzin", and then just burn out after the half. Every game so far this season has been a repeat of those games. Maybe this Jets game is the one where they gain it back, and go into to the bye with a dominant win and change things around for the season.

Well, JMO...!