2012 Falcons Vs 1998 Falcons. Who Wins?

BrandonDell_

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that old school physical teams beat the '12 falcons and the '98 falcons where definitely more physical. I never felt more happy to be a falcon then that year. Since then iv been like a crackhead looking for my fix and someones waving the rock in my face saying "you cant have it till I decide"

Edited by ATLsuperfan247

I think that old school physical teams beat the '12 falcons and the '98 falcons where definitely more physical. I never felt more happy to be a falcon then that year. Since then iv been like a crackhead looking for my fix and someones waving the rock in my face saying "you cant have it till I decide"

What teams like that beat us besides the 9'ers? We only lost to our division rivals that year.

1998 Falcons hands down...

Beast in the trenches on both sides. Goes to show if you win the trenches you win the game. Jamal Anderson was a silky smooth power runner and was super fun to watch. Ray Buchanan was pretty good, Terrence Mathis, Bob Christian. We beat the Vikings at their home and their team was just as good, if not BETTER than the 2012 Falcons.

Guest Negatorris

2012 Falcons. I feel like both the offense and defense would step up like they did in most games last year. But I only say that because we wouldn't be facing a dual-threat QB which was our ultimate weakness in the end. That's also why I think we would have definitely beaten Batlimore if we would've gotten to the SB.

QB: Matt Ryan over Chandler, but it's closer than you might think.

RB: Anderson over Turner by a mile.

FB: Christian and Kozlowski both are superior over Polite and Cox.

WR: Roddy and Julio are (arguably) better than Mathis and Martin, but Gonzalez over Santiago is what makes this one a blowout. Dwight in the slot over HD though.

OL: 1998 blows this away. Not on talent necessarily, but everything else. Whitfield beats out anybody we had then, Tobeck is way better than McClure, and Gene Williams>Peter Konz. Blalock vs. Collins is a toss up, and Clabo is better than Ephraim Salaam (a 7th round rookie).

DL: 98's d-line was legendary. Chuck Smith evens out with Abraham in my opinion. Archembeau was painfully underrated as a pass rusher, and beats out Biermann. Hall and Dronett were also underrated and beat out Babineaux/Peters/Jerry/Walker.

LB: Also 98. Tuggle and Spoon are pretty even in both productivity and leadership. Bennett>>>Dent, and Brooking/Crockett are a little better than Nicholas.

CB: 2012 all the way. Ray was better than Asante, but I'll take Dunta over Ronnie Bradford. McClain is what breaks it away. Michael Booker is one of the biggest busts in Falcon history.

S: DeCoud was better than Robinson, prostitution scandal aside (not this year). As for the battle of the William's, William Moore over William White, and it ain't even close.

Special Teams: 1998. Morten Andersen> Matt Bryant, Dan Stryzinski>Matt Bosher, and obviously Tim Dwight>Fair catch Franks.

Coaching: The Head Coaches are a dead tie IMO, but I'll give this one to 2012's squad because of Nolan's magic.

So for my finale, 1998 gets the nod just barely with a 6-5 victory. With that said, I think both teams are Super Bowl teams and two of the best in franchise history.

cant argue with this opinion

I'm sorry but the 98 team was a flash in the pan. Chandler blew. Anderson was WAY overrated. That 98 schedule made the 12 schedule look like a 16 game murderer's row. Had the Vikings kicker not missed a chip shot field goal they would not have been in the SB.

Not even. Falcons kicker missed a few too and the Vikings were considered the best in the regular season that year. Our team wouldn't have even been in that game towards the end without being really good. It all fell apart the next year, but at that point in time, in that season, we were one of the best teams. We just didn't play like it in the SB.

regular season game 12' Falcons win

playoff game 98' Falcons win

98' team showed heart and faced adversity

12' team was soft finese team

Definitely faced adversity getting blown off the field in the Super Bowl....

I like how you think a a regular season game and a playoff game are different things when the same teams play. Absurd.