Eugene Monroe & Levi Brown - Wtf Is Td Doing?

matty72780

I understand that these guys aren’t world beaters, BUT they are both an upgrade over players on our O-Line, and both the Ravens & Steelers had to give up day 3 pick(s) for these guys. Ravens & Pitt are in trouble at O-Line, more than likely comparable to our situation, they've made moves to improve, what are we doing!? Waiting on Lamar Holmes to emerge at a Pro Bowl OT? Letting D's tee off on Matt Ryan until he gets hurt and our season is lost? For the first time I'm seeing how stubborn TD truly is. Our O-Line NEEDS HELP, MATT RYAN NEEDS HELP, Where are you TD, protect your #1 investment? How are there other clubs getting these upgrades for 5-7th round draft picks and we're just sitting on our hands? I'd trade a 5th-7th round draft pick immediately if it meant even a 50% chance he'd be an upgrade over a current O-Lineman and contribute this year.

Edited by matty72780

IF both Brown & Monroe end up having a large positive impact on their new teams AND the Falcons finish poorly due to Ryan being injured because of the o-line's weakness... ONLY THEN can you can make your argument. Until then, however, you are just wildly speculating on the future.

Let me say this... The fact that anybody would scream trade for freakin Levi Brown.... You just want a trade yo just to trade..lol

I like Monroe but lets talk facts... Like it or not we have Baker... We can waste the rest of our cap getting Monroe and we will lose him next year (wont have the cap to resign him.... So we gave up cap and picks for one year.

If we make a trade.. It needs to be for a good DE or DT

Don't want Levi but Eugene would have been a good move. He is clearly a better player than Sam Baker and much cheaper at 5 years $35M with only 17 million guaranteed.

As we saw last year, a healthy Sam Baker is better than Monroe. Sadly, the guy just can't seem to stay on the field. He's the Jerious Norwood of the o-line.

Monroe is in the final year of that contract, so you would either have to extend him to Baker's pay rate or higher if you planned to keep him. Otherwise, you are giving away pick to rent a player. That reeks of desperation. I think we are taking the approach the Packers took in 2010 while dealing with the injury bug.

As we saw last year, a healthy Sam Baker is better than Monroe. Sadly, the guy just can't seem to stay on the field. He's the Jerious Norwood of the o-line.

Monroe is in the final year of that contract, so you would either have to extend him to Baker's pay rate or higher if you planned to keep him. Otherwise, you are giving away pick to rent a player. That reeks of desperation. I think we are taking the approach the Packers took in 2010 while dealing with the injury bug.

True, Dimitroffed.

Dimitroff is a great GM all good teams and organizations take the LONG VIEW and trade only if the price is right. He's trying to build a first class football team and not forsake the future for a short term gain.

Ryan needs to pick-up his game.

Seriously???????

The ONLY reason we've had any chance to even be in any of the games we've played thus far is because of Ryan.

We have to just let our o-line guys settle and play with each other and get better at this point. Face it, if a solid offensive line guy is traded this time of the year, it's because his team thinks it doesn't need him/can do without him. The premier and most useful players are not dispensable to their teams. Pittsburgh has an o-line that's absolute garbage and they're probably hoping since he went to Penn State he will be rejuvenated by being back home.

Lol

Complaining just to complain. Levi brown is only a somewhat popular name because he was taken before AP not because he was any good.

I'm not mad we didn't get Levi, Eugene Monroe maybe, but were showing no effort to better out team and more proactive GMs are. An Olineman for a 6th or 7th round draft pick to compete and potentially contribute and add depth is well worth it.

Signing baker was pure stupidity and TD trying to prove he was right from his draft pick, could have given that money to Jake Long, come on man!!!!!

Yes I thought signing Baker was terrible, he's never been good or durable, draft was supposedly deep at OL and guys like Long were available

OL and DL were what needed to be upgraded

Monroe would have been a possible significant addition to the team...but we are not willing to mortgage our future. Which also means we dont really want to win a Superbowl this year.

Spending a couple of 4th rounders that otherwise would have been wasted on low upside/high character team captains on a huge upgrade at LT isn't mortgaging the future.