Since I'm A Total Moron, I Wish We Would Use Hd More

raysnill1

about half way through the Pats game the Pats figured out something. we don't use HD so they almost stopped covering him. on a good majority of the plays he's in, the route he's running is almost the exact same as whoever side he's lined up on. if Julio is running a 7 yard route then cut to the inside then HDs cut is to the inside. if Roddy is running an out, most likely HD is running an out. one particular play really got me. Julio ran a comeback & Roddy was doubled, the Pats looked like they had Julio contained if he cut out side but the middle of the field was wide open for HD. granted they missed it that time but does our coaches look at that and go 'hmmmm' if it was me I would come back to that play, get HD to turn up field and see if I could catch the Pats slipping again.

atl1.jpg

plus earlier in the game, Matt ran a boot where Julio was the only option. both Roddy & Tony were doubled as you can see Tony hemmed up just above the O-line and Roddy has drawn his man to the corner and the other corner is almost on the A in the end zone. look at the real estate between HD and the end zone, not saying HD would have scored but if he caught the ball and ran towards the O he had a good chance

atl3.jpg

and sometimes Matt: you just gotta make a run for it:

atl2.jpg

but that's just my moronic POV, oh and BTW, on the Julio comeback, Matt had enough time to pump fake and hit HD if he would have turned up field.

I'm not a fan of Douglas at all, but even i'm mad they neglect him like they do. He can pick up a good 30-40 yards every once in awhile if they give him a **** chance. I'm sick of forcing every throw to the same 3 guys

man every time they've ran HD on a drag route he's got AT LEAST 35 yards... EVERY TIME!!

I'm not a fan of Douglas at all, but even i'm mad they neglect him like they do. He can pick up a good 30-40 yards every once in awhile if they give him a **** chance. I'm sick of forcing every throw to the same 3 guys

I don't think I'm as down on HD as you are but I'm kind of in your camp. He needs to be used more often but I can't lie...I expected Harry to be giving us more by now. Seems like we know Harry more for the plays he's not making than the occasional game breaking play. A stumble in the open field, a fumble, etc.

man every time they've ran HD on a drag route he's got AT LEAST 35 yards... EVERY TIME!!

I remember Julio destroying TB on the drag route in his rookie season, yet I don't recall us really using that since. Why we don'tuse that shovel pass to Snelling or Quizz to fix some of these red zone woes is beyond me as well.

I remember Julio destroying TB on the drag route in his rookie season, yet I don't recall us really using that since. Why we don'tuse that shovel pass to Snelling or Quizz to fix some of these red zone woes is beyond me as well.

We broke it out in the Miami game and Snelling scored on it. One of the few things Koetter has done right down there.

We broke it out in the Miami game and Snelling scored on it. One of the few things Koetter has done right down there.

Figures... that was like one of just 3 or 4 games I've missed in the last 12 years. I'm gonna miss the Monday night game as well. F@#k work!!!!

he cant get off the jam.

simply not true, but believe what you want

this particular play it looked like HD was trying to tell Matt they giving him the middle of the field. the play was a run play

atl4.jpg

looks like if they shifted Quizz to the other side of Matt to move the LB and ran Roddy & Julio on straight 9s to draw the safeties, HD could run a slant and at least pick up the first if not score. Harry pointed at the middle of the field twice:

atl5.jpg

we gotta start recognizing these little opportunities then come back to take advantage. BTW Harry had just beat the corner on a jam the previous play

HD is a 4th option in a situation where the QB doesn't always have time to look for the 4th option.

Question. Why do are receivers have to a numerical assigned option number? Why can't they just be option? Do you think Drew Brees looks at Moore like an 4th option? Does Brees see Colston and go " ohh my 1st option is covered" then look at Graham is like "dang my second option is covered' "well crap guess I have to resort to my 3rd and 4th option? Why not just look for an open option?

"first option" is another way of saying "first guy the QB looks at. Ryan will look towards Jones, White and Gonzo in some order. By then the protection will have broken down.

Trust me I'm not getting at you personally you are not the QB of the Falcons; Me personally I wouldn't look at any specific receiver first. If you are open I throw it to you, If a see a situation I'm going to take it regardless of who it is. If this is Matts thought process in your mind isn't kind of overthinking instead of reacting?

Each play is designed with a primary receiver in mind. You are not going to look at a WR running a clearing-out route, but the guy moving underneath. As we saw in 2011, when Julio Jones was out, Douglas went 8/133 and a score. Normally you want the ball in the hands of your playmakers (White and Jones) or safety outlets (Gonzo, Quizz and SJax). Dropping back and taking your pick of the group is impractical and dangerous.

Rodgers doesn't seem to have problems doing it, and he has always had terrible O-lines and no running game. granted he's more athletic than Ryan and can use his legs but even in the fiercest of pressure Rodgers works in tight pockets and rarely throws picks, even though he's always one of the most sacked

Question. Why do are receivers have to a numerical assigned option number? Why can't they just be option? Do you think Drew Brees looks at Moore like an 4th option? Does Brees see Colston and go " ohh my 1st option is covered" then look at Graham is like "dang my second option is covered' "well crap guess I have to resort to my 3rd and 4th option? Why not just look for an open option?

I've mentioned this is the reason for it is because I believe alot of the plays are too scripted.

This where you need your QB to take the reins and play what he's seeing in front of him.

Another reason for HD not getting the ball against the Pats is because of Tony being so hot.It didn't matter if Tony was covered up Ryan was going to that match-up.I don't mind that.

But in this case the OP makes I have to agree we have to get HD going and run the F/Ball to turn this thing around.

If Ryan throw's the ball 50 + times we won't be winning to many F/Ball games.

Edited by kiwifalcon

Each play is designed with a primary receiver in mind. You are not going to look at a WR running a clearing-out route, but the guy moving underneath. As we saw in 2011, when Julio Jones was out, Douglas went 8/133 and a score. Normally you want the ball in the hands of your playmakers (White and Jones) or safety outlets (Gonzo, Quizz and SJax). Dropping back and taking your pick of the group is impractical and dangerous.

The OP should put 'moron' by this guy's post instead of in the title.

So let me get this straight, it's dangerous to read the defense and throw to the open guy? And it's safe to decide the destination before the ball is snapped and unflinchingly throw it there, regardless of coverage?

Gotcha!..... I understand!

Not really!

So let me get this straight, it's dangerous to read the defense and throw to the open guy? And it's safe to decide the destination before the ball is snapped and unflinchingly throw it there, regardless of coverage?

Not really!

nah, I'm the only moron here, well me & HOYLE lol

Not really!

Honestly his response sounded like Smitty talk..... smh