Maybe This Is One Thing We Can All Agree On

AREA 51

The bikers trapped and tried to attack this family, and the man in this video did what he had to do. Some are actually trying to say the driver of the suv had other options than to run over a biker, and the police have not declared there will be no charges against the driver as of yet. Well, they are morons. A man and his family were trapped by 30 bikers, and he had no other option then to bull his way out. The only other option would be if he had a gun, but then they would say he shot an unarmed biker.

I have talked about this before, but it is the culture in this country, when attacked, to offer little resistance and to just be a victim. Americans are taught to be defenseless, and to never arm yourself or do anything that may harm the attacker. Just shut up and be murdered, assaulted or raped because there is no need to kill anybody over this. I am sure that any logical person who watches this video will surely come to the reasonable conclusion, but that even one person can say this man did not have right to defend himself in this situation is disturbing.

http://usnews.nbcnew...over-chase?lite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNOyDMzn2bY

I have talked about this before, but it is the culture in this country, when attacked, to offer little resistance and to just be a victim. Americans are taught to be defenseless, and to never arm yourself or do anything that may harm the attacker. Just shut up and be murdered, assaulted or raped because there is no need to kill anybody over this.

What on Earth are you talking about?

The bikers trapped and tried to attack this family, and the man in this video did what he had to do. Some are actually trying to say the driver of the suv had other options than to run over a biker, and the police have not declared there will be no charges against the driver as of yet. Well, they are morons. A man and his family were trapped by 30 bikers, and he had no other option then to bull his way out. The only other option would be if he had a gun, but then they would say he shot an unarmed biker.

I have talked about this before, but it is the culture in this country, when attacked, to offer little resistance and to just be a victim. Americans are taught to be defenseless, and to never arm yourself or do anything that may harm the attacker. Just shut up and be murdered, assaulted or raped because there is no need to kill anybody over this. I am sure that any logical person who watches this video will surely come to the reasonable conclusion, but that even one person can say this man did not have right to defend himself in this situation is disturbing.

lol wut

What on Earth are you talking about?

Read the article instead of watching the video.

It's giving the biker's family a podium as the victims of the incident instead of the driver of the SUV. The media is saying that the driver should have found another way to protect his family than running a person over.

Though I agree with your point, I want to know more before I make a judgement.

Edit: After reading more into it, it didn't look like he had any choice. It's unfortunate for the guy who suffered all the injuries but after watching that video a few times, I doubt he was as innocent as she said.

Edited by Flip Wilson

The problem is that we do not know what was going on prior to the video and when they stop. The camera really shows part of the story. I have been reading up on this story since it went viral.

I do not believe we will ever figure out what actually happened to cause all this. It is just sad all around. Especially for the family of the biker who the broken legs and the driver who was attacked afterwards.

Reports I have heard is that the driver cut one of them off, then one of their guys brake checked him( seen in the video), then the rest of the riders stop to figure out what is going on. On the other side I have heard that during the initial stop some of the bikers were harassing the guy by hitting his car and attempting to slash his tires. That is when the guy speeds off. And the rest is kinda history.

I do not believe two wrongs make a right. If they did not attack his car and he just drove away, then they should have followed and reported a hit and run. They never should have approached his car or attack him.

So... why did the bikers want to attack this guy? Obviously it goes south about 25 seconds into the video, but there's not much background here.

From what I have read, he cut off one of the bikers.

They responded by getting in front of him and brake checking him. The suv ends up bumping a slowed down biker in front of him, then they eventually surround him and force the SUV to stop.

Bikers start getting off their bikes (and there is some doubt whether they start to attack the SUV) when the SUV runs over two people to escape.

Why are we calling this "break checking"??? If you are being cautious enough to "break check", then you are going to "break check" in a manner in which you are not endangering yourself or others. So when you call it "break checking", you are lying. Call it a dubious attempt at retaliation or call it a mind f@$% to the other driver. But be honest about it.

Why are we calling this "break checking"??? If you are being cautious enough to "break check", then you are going to "break check" in a manner in which you are not endangering yourself or others. So when you call it "break checking", you are lying. Call it a dubious attempt at retaliation or call it a mind f@$% to the other driver. But be honest about it.

It's not that you are really checking your breaks, that's just what you tell the State Patrolman when they rearend you.

I think you're using the wrong definition of "checking." Or maybe I am...

I took it as checking, as in hockey.

"The act of blocking or impeding an opponent with the use of ones body or stick."

It's a term often used to mean quickly braking when in front of another person. I've heard it used this way all my life.

Cut off or not, no one can do this. If we could attack drivers that cut us off, we would all be killing each other all day long. I do not believe these bikers would have acted like this if they were not in a group 30 at the time. I guess with 30 of them they felt safe terrorizing this family, but no where, no how, can they trap a family and threaten their lives, regardless of what he did. There is one man, a woman, and two year old, and this is a pure bullying situation. When he tried to drive away, they ran him down and trapped him. I still do not know what started it. I heard the driver called police on them for reckess driving, but I do not have confirmation of that so do not pass it on.

So now, in what is becoming common, the main bikers involved are now trying change into the victims. The injured rider has hired a lawyer and he is considering legal action. The police still have not decided whether to charge the driver or not, and the rider who slowed in front of the driver is saying he committed no crime. The bikers had all manner of chances to let this go, and they did not. Now, they got hurt in the process of terroizing this family and want to turn the tables.

This is what I was talking about in the opening statements. If the driver is sued, and loses everything, or if he is convicted of a crime, what message does that send to Amercians? To me, it says that even if you are surrounded by 30 angry bikers, you have no right to defend yourself, because the driver's only other option, without hurting one of the bikers, was to just let himself and his family be attacked. Can anyone here read into that any different way? Being punished for defending yourself or another person is just as bad as saying one does not have the right to defend themselves.

If being surrounded by 30 angry men who slowed you down and trapped you to attack you is not the proper time to defend yourself, then when is it? Is one's own death the appropriate time to act in self- defense?

The highway clash, on Sunday, was recorded and has been viewed about 6 million times on YouTube.

131001-injured-bikes-jsw-1206p.380;380;7;70;0.jpg

Courtesy Delilah Domenech

Edwin "Jay" Mieses's family has hired high--profile lawyer Gloria Allred.

Video shows the bikers racing around Lien's Range Rover. One of them slowed down right in front of him and had his back tire clipped, police said.

The riders then began attacking Lien's vehicle and chased him for for 50 blocks before cornering him, smashing his windows, yanking him out and beating him in front of his wife and child.

Mieses, 32, was struck when Lien raced away from the pack after the initial fender bender. He is in critical condition with a crushed spine and two broken legs and may be paralyzed. He has hired a media-savvy lawyer, Gloria Allred.

“There’s no hope for his back,” Mieses’ wife, Dayana, told reporters earlier this week. “They broke it in two different places, so he will be forever, forever paralyzed.”

Mieses' family has not said whether they are taking legal action against Lien.

The NYPD has not charged Lien, and Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly has suggested that if he feared for his life, he may have been within his legal rights to speed away from the scene, hitting other bikers surrounding his SUV in the process.

The biker who slowed down in front of Lien, Christopher Cruz, 28, of Passaic, N.J., was charged with reckless driving and unlawful imprisonment. His lawyer told reporters he had committed no crime.

Another biker was arrested by police after he was seen hitting the Range Rover with his hands, but prosecutors declined to bring charges and sources said he did not take part in the assault.