Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndySG

Most Valuable Player In The Nfl

10 posts in this topic

I am not looking for the best player here. Who do you think is the most valuable player in the league? Who would cost the most in draft picks to acquire do you think? Obviously we could never know exactly, but what do you think?

Peyton Manning. Not even close for MVP.

Aj, Julio, Doug Martin and many many more would cost the most simply because of their value to the current team.

But, as you say, Manning wouldn't cost the most in picks. He's been faultless so far this season, but he's a 37 year old QB. Aaron Rodgers is a 29 year old QB and is probably more valuable in terms of trade picks. Andrew Luck, similarly, is a 24 year old QB. If the Colts or Packers offered a straight trade to the Broncos, I'd imagine that Denver would take it.

But, as you say, Manning wouldn't cost the most in picks. He's been faultless so far this season, but he's a 37 year old QB. Aaron Rodgers is a 29 year old QB and is probably more valuable in terms of trade picks. Andrew Luck, similarly, is a 24 year old QB. If the Colts or Packers offered a straight trade to the Broncos, I'd imagine that Denver would take it.

After this season, maybe, but there's no way they make that trade in the middle of a record making SB contention season.

Yeah that's why I said many many more. I mean it's pretty obvious who the most valuable guys are to their teams. If the Colts were to offer luck and a pick for Peyton, why not take it. You're set for the long haul rather than 2 more years, if that.

The Vikings would be nothing without AP

You may be right. Take AP away from them and they'd be lucky to score 10 points a game. I want to say the same thing for Manning, but he has a lot of talent around him.