Our New Linebacking Corps

Ok so Jamar Chaney and Omar Gaither.

Who are these guys?

Does anyone see potential in them? I know some people here have to have a bit of insight into them (watched them in college, pros, etc...)

Can we trust them?

I like Chaney better than Gaither, only because I think he has more long-term potential. But I don't want to see either one on the field Sunday.

The starters in the nickel formation should be Bartu and Worrilow.

In base formation, bring on Dent and let him rush the passer. It's his best trait.

Of course, Worrilow and Dent are both banged up right now. I'm terrified to see more of Nicholas and Gaither out on the field... although I guess they did stop the Patriots on the final drive Sunday haha

I like Chaney better than Gaither, only because I think he has more long-term potential. But I don't want to see either one on the field Sunday.

The starters in the nickel formation should be Bartu and Worrilow.

In base formation, bring on Dent and let him rush the passer. It's his best trait.

Of course, Worrilow and Dent are both banged up right now. I'm terrified to see more of Nicholas and Gaither out on the field... although I guess they did stop the Patriots on the final drive Sunday haha

I just don't want Nich on the field... he is like DeCoud... whenever there's a blown play he's right there...

Both have had a small amount of success in this league. Omar Gaither was once considered "the next big thing" for the Philadelphia defense. That lasted for about one year and he has been mediocre to bad ever since bouncing around the league. He is still a serviceable backup, but having him in the starting line-up is not something we want.

Jamar Chaney is a pretty talented fellow. Andy Reid had a lot of faith in him for a while hoping he would turn into a great linebacker, but he never lived up to it, and ended up being just another serviceable backup linebacker.

Both are backups at best.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Both have had a small amount of success in this league. Omar Gaither was once considered "the next big thing" for the Philadelphia defense. That lasted for about one year and he has been mediocre to bad ever since bouncing around the league. He is still a serviceable backup, but having him in the starting line-up is not something we want.

Jamar Chaney is a pretty talented fellow. Andy Reid had a lot of faith in him for a while hoping he would turn into a great linebacker, but he never lived up to it, and ended up being just another serviceable backup linebacker.

Both are backups at best.

Or just needed another chance or a different environment...never know.

^ this, he makes big plays but is totally silent the rest of the time. He's no Kuechly or Polamalu or Sherman

Gonna be searching a while looking for that caliber of a player. Most teams get by and win with a good bit of above average players. Thats what Westherspoon is. Generally dont let that go because he isn't "dominate" because most of the time the alternative is worst, not better

^ this, he makes big plays but is totally silent the rest of the time. He's no Kuechly or Polamalu or Sherman

Are you joking? That's exactly the kind of player Polamalu is. He's either making a huge play, or he's giving up a huge play. Polamalu is not a reliable player. And he's also injury prone. Him and Spoon are a lot alike, and not necessarily in a good way.

Are you joking? That's exactly the kind of player Polamalu is. He's either making a huge play, or he's giving up a huge play. Polamalu is not a reliable player. And he's also injury prone. Him and Spoon are a lot alike, and not necessarily in a good way.

I would say super bowl Polamalu was a lot more reliable than Spoon, but meh, they are more similar now