Something Really Scary... Don't Tell The Kids

SwampyMux12

And Drew Brees threw for a ton of yards and TDs last year, but lost a lot games.. The same thing is true for Stafford and Calvin last year.

We definitely need to be more balanced, and put complete games together. But yes, they can play better. The entire team can. We just need to figure out how we make everyone play up to par. I think we will get a little taste of that vs. the Jets.

This is the kind of bull that I hate. Then, some cats want to call this realism. This is trolling.

He was only using the same logic the OP was. Its just that this stat doesn't make us all feel warm and fuzzy but sometimes the truth hurts.

Or they will have nightmares smile.png

Julio Jones is on pace for 132 catches for 1924 yds

Matt Ryan is on pace for 5320 yds and 32 tds

and I think we all can agree that they can both play better!

Don't tell the boogy man either, or he will sh!t his pants...

just proves stats mean little to nothing

just proves stats mean little to nothing

The biggest intention of this post is to say that 2 guys who have been being called out on these boards the past couple days have been pouring their hearts into this season despite the frustration and doing all they can to win football games. The point I'm trying to make is that although they are putting up incredible numbers, there are still plays being left out on the field that will be the difference between a win and these close losses. I agree that numbers mean absolutely nothing when the game ends in an L, but they also stand to prove that we have 2 guys who are playing at a very high level, and when the rest of the team comes around, we should be in pretty good shape moving forward.

Can't have it both ways .

Matt Ryan is very good QB cause he " wins"

Matt Ryan is very good QB cause he puts up 5k passing yards and 30 TDs

Pick a side and choose . Romo is bashed on this site cause he doesn't win enough but puts up stats

Joe Flacco is bashed here cause his regular season stats sucks but wins in playoffs

You're grouping me in with the wrong fellas. Matt Ryan is a good QB because up to the start of this year he has done both. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are good QBs because they do both. You've totally missed the point of this thread anyway. The point is that while these guys have been having very good years, our offense is still only producing for about 2, 21/2 quarters on a good day, meaning that both Ryan and Julio can play much, much better and when we finally (hopefully) realize that a football game is 4 quarters long, things will turn around. The stretches of games where our offensive line could get beat by a no man rush, and we couldn't buy a first down if the defense only played 4 guys still continue to exist, and that is absolutely inexcusable.

good teams stick together and dont turn on themselves when battling through injuries - unlike some posters here that call themselves fans - Atlanta when healthy is a very good ball team , a very different one than you see now - and the players thew OP mentioned are uplifitng the team as evidenced by the stats - the problem is its hasnt been quite enough to overcome especially considering our defense was never the strong point of this team.