Maybe The Pendulum Might Swing The Other Way............starting Now

Bring It

The pendulum being our logical predictions we all had going into this season. Maybe it's time for an ILLOGICAL complete turnaround, running the table, winning out..................going 13-3 !! Unpredictable start...............unpredictable finish. Fingers crossed.

the pendulum has swung and all those close games we shouldn't have won last year against the Panthers, Raiders, ect ect.... are now going the other way. How dominate were we? Even when we beat the Saints and Drew Brees threw 5 int we only won by 11 points that is pathetic we should have beat them by 30+ like they did the year before when they ran the score up so Brees could get his passing yards record.

the pendulum has swung and all those close games we shouldn't have won last year against the Panthers, Raiders, ect ect.... are now going the other way. How dominate were we? Even when we beat the Saints and Drew Brees threw 5 int we only won by 11 points that is pathetic we should have beat them by 30+ like they did the year before when they ran the score up so Brees could get his passing yards record.

Just what we need is another dipsh!t on this board. Y'all act like the Falcons are the only team that has ever won close games... The vast majority of NFL games come down to one or two plays in a game.

Also, what is your definition of "shouldn't have won"... are you talking about games that we had more points on the scoreboard at the end of the game? Because if you are, then you prove yourself to not be very intelligent!

One more thing... do you realize that the Saints also have a defense on the field? I know that you obviously think they should have just laid down and let us score everytime they turned it over, but bless their hearts they just kept fighting...

The pendulum being our logical predictions we all had going into this season. Maybe it's time for an ILLOGICAL complete turnaround, running the table, winning out..................going 13-3 !! Unpredictable start...............unpredictable finish. Fingers crossed.

6-6 from here out

We must beat the Jets. That's all I am sure of at the moment.

I think we're only a 50/50 shot to do it.

If we paste them 30-something to nothing, would I be surprised?

Not at all. We have the talent to do so.

I just don't think we have the heart, the desire, and the pride to do so, nor the coaching that can inspire heart, desire, and pride.

I think we're only a 50/50 shot to do it.

If we paste them 30-something to nothing, would I be surprised?

Not at all. We have the talent to do so.

I just don't think we have the heart, the desire, and the pride to do so, nor the coaching that can inspire heart, desire, and pride.

such a wishy washy post - and when we turn it around you will say , " well they had the talent." Of course they have the talent , thats why we were a in every game this year, thats why 3 of the teams we have played are at the tops of their division yet we took them to the wire with a battered defense and battered offense.

You are the worst kind of fan - good teams stick together, good fans support their teams - this isnt a coaching problem - same coach has won last 5 years- this isnt a team problem - they have played tough even with a decimated roster - even the hater analysts will admit that. This is simply a team that tried to change the team makeup from last year and has been bitten rather hard by the injury bug. The main injuries have been on D , a defense that was never Atlantas strong suit - but the injuries on the line has contributed to Atlantas young o line issues with getting the ball to its playmakers. Are you honestly going to ignore all that and say this team is weak in heart desire and pride ??? Anyone thats thinks that way is the worst kind of fan period-

I don't see what others are seeing with this team. Aside from a few good offensive players, where are the pieces that could supposedly deliver a playoff run? Don't tell me about last year. We played every weak bunch of girly teams except for the Allstar Korean War Amputees. Last year was a very deceptive 13 wins; come playoff time we saw what happened against playoff caliber teams. They scored at will when they needed to, and this year our defense is even worse. They get tired after halftime and just plain wimpy in the 4th quarter, and the coaches don't seem to have any adjustments in mind, be it against the Patriots, or even the Rams.

I don't think the coaches are exclusively to blame; matter of fact, its the scouting that has brought us to this plateau in my opinion. They've made some good moves over the last 5 years, but havn't kept it going. This team's offensive and defensive line talent is not only soft, it's pretty bad. And playoff wins start and end in the trench.

Adding in the worst factors (injuries and schedule), well...10 wins would be miraculous, 9 would be impressive, and 8 would be realistic. This is an average team and its going to win an average number of games. Sorry but I'd be shocked to see anything more this year.

Falcons definitely failed the 1st quarter of the season. 2-2 should have been the 'worst case scenario'. The schedule looks like this:

First Quarter:

@ NO - L

STL - W

@ MIA - L

NE - L

Second Quarter

NYJ

bye

TB

@ ARZ

@ CAR

Third Quarter

SEA

@ TB

NO

@ BUF

Fourth Quarter

@ GB

WAS

@ SF

CAR

Falcons have to go 4-0 in the 2nd qtr to have any chance at a successful season, imo. Very hard to imagine them being less than 4-0 in that stretch and then turning around and being better than 3-1 in the 3rd qtr or 2-2 in the 4th qtr. 1-3, 4-0, 3-1, and 2-2 will get them to 10-6.

we lost to 2 undefeated teams on the last play of the game and youre acting like we lost to the cards and raiders....

we lost to 2 undefeated teams on the last play of the game and youre acting like we lost to the cards and raiders....

Yup, winning in the NFL is d.amn HARD...........something Smitty has always stressed. Every game is a war, most victories are won on a razor thin edge of the game going one way or another. Nothing is guaranteed. We will prevail over the long 16 game season.