• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Regular Guy

Very well said BB. I have been defending the team but also realize that we having huge holes to fill and if we don't, well we all know what it's like to be perennial losers. We have had a good taste of winning and I do think you hit the nail on the head by saying the Falcons are resting on previous successes, it shows. The main thing that helps me is knowing that Roddy is not at full speed, Sjax is due back. I am hoping that if we can get our offense healthy then that will have to carry the load since our D is suspect at best.

Banker, didn't I read on here once upon a time that you live in Covington? If so, you're in my neck of the woods. We need to eat some BBQ and talk football one of these days!

Very well said BB. I have been defending the team but also realize that we having huge holes to fill and if we don't, well we all know what it's like to be perennial losers. We have had a good taste of winning and I do think you hit the nail on the head by saying the Falcons are resting on previous successes, it shows. The main thing that helps me is knowing that Roddy is not at full speed, Sjax is due back. I am hoping that if we can get our offense healthy then that will have to carry the load since our D is suspect at best.

Banker, didn't I read on here once upon a time that you live in Covington? If so, you're in my neck of the woods. We need to eat some BBQ and talk football one of these days!

Thanks, man. Yeah, I'm in Covington. PM me and we can hook up at Bradley's on the Square for some good BBQ.

Personally speaking, I don't think its that Falcons fans "want" our team to be like the Saints, but realistically they have a different mentality than us. Look at us in games and look at them. For example, we were up 21 on the Rams and we slowed it down (lots of 3 and outs). The Stains were up big late in the game and were still throwing the ball to the end zone. I don't know if it's possible to hate a team and yet respect them to a certain degree, but I respect the way they dictate how they are going to play on offense as opposed to being dictated to. I simply want the Falcons to be an offensive bully, but they have to want to be that bully because teams won't simply let us. Why is it that only one receiver was in the end zone to tie the game against the Pats? Gonzo couldn't get off the line because the Pats took that away from us, but If Ryan had thrown to Douglas, Rogers, or Jones, we would have been short from the end zone. That play calling makes no sense. Our coaches need to do a better job, our FO needs to do a better job, and the players themselves need to do a better job. Just my opinion

Personally speaking, I don't think its that Falcons fans "want" our team to be like the Saints, but realistically they have a different mentality than us. Look at us in games and look at them. For example, we were up 21 on the Rams and we slowed it down (lots of 3 and outs). The Stains were up big late in the game and were still throwing the ball to the end zone. I don't know if it's possible to hate a team and yet respect them to a certain degree, but I respect the way they dictate how they are going to play on offense as opposed to being dictated to. I simply want the Falcons to be an offensive bully, but they have to want to be that bully because teams won't simply let us. Why is it that only one receiver was in the end zone to tie the game against the Pats? Gonzo couldn't get off the line because the Pats took that away from us, but If Ryan had thrown to Douglas, Rogers, or Jones, we would have been short from the end zone. That play calling makes no sense. Our coaches need to do a better job, our FO needs to do a better job, and the players themselves need to do a better job. Just my opinion

We need to find a different team for these "fans" to compare us to. A real team like the Broncos is what I want the falcons to be like, not the aints. I'm still not sold on the aints...

Props to the Saints and Payton for knowing how to get his troops to play with URGENCY AND INTENSITY. Won't change the fact that I will be a Falcons fan for life no matter what. I'm stuck with this pathetic fan base who is like the fat kid at school. Gets picked on by others (opposing fan trolls demean this team at every opportunity and we don't ban them....yet DO ban some of our OWN fans for similar if not the EXACT same transgression) and does nothing with head down.

"WE WANT VICK" -- pathetic.

And to the OP, cool story bro rolleyes.gif

I've been a Mod on these boards for a few years now, and I have to say that nothing pisses me off more than to see a bunch of fans complaining about the Falcons by comparing them to a rival team - like the Saints - as if "wishing we (the Falcons) had an offense, QB, head coach or defense like them" is actually going to change things. I mean, think about that for moment. You're wishing for something that you KNOW isn't going to happen, and you use these message boards to praise and prop up other teams as if doing that is going to result in some magical metamorphosis of the Falcons 53-man roster.

Face it, we have a team that's soft. Even players on the New England Patriots pointed this out in their post-game comments Sunday night. We have O-linemen who are out of shape and penalty-prone. We have a secondary that won't tackle. We have LBs who seem to spend more time making film (D-Block) than studying it. Our fans refuse to be in their seats sooner than five minutes before kick-off for a nationally-televised game. These problems are all internal to the Falcons and need to be addressed as such. Clicking your heels together three times and wishing the Falcons were some other team isn't going to change any of that.

You want to talk about another team? There are forums for that. As for me, my focus is on the Falcons. I chose to not renew my Georgia Tech season tickets just so I could add two additional Falcons season tickets to the two I already had. I don't say that to boast. I'm just saying that the Falcons - and only the Falcons - is where my professional sports allegiance lies, and I don't really give a rat's *** about any other team - regardless how well they're playing. We need to get OUR house in order and you don't do that by comparing it to someone else's house and wishing and hoping the Falcons' house was like theirs. If that's how you feel, then, perhaps your loyalties should lie elsewhere.

What's going on with this team right now lies at the feet of the Falcons braintrust, beginning with Mike Smith. I'm not calling for him to be fired, so don't get it twisted. Smitty is the best head coach in the history of this franchise, but to have players who themselves admit they're out of shape (Holmes), and players who are undisciplined on the field with penalties are all the responsibility of the head coach. That's where it starts as far as I'm concerned. If you ask me, the Falcons are lazy. That's the bottom line. They've gone into this season resting on the laurels of last year's success of a 13-3 record and they've gotten fat.

Yeah, I'm a Mod, but I'm not a homer. This team is in trouble, but I'm not gonna sit here saying I wish they were the Saints or the Patriots or the Niners or whoever. We need to handle our own business and clean up our own house. You can flame away if you want, but it's the truth!

See you Monday night.

BB-

Well said banker!

Well this and Emmitt's post have made the most sense of anything that I have seen this week. I am 53 and have watched this team since June Jones was a quarterback here, not a coach. I've seen Swamp Fox, twice, Jerry Glanville, Leeman Bennett, and numerous others that I would rather forget. You wanna "Trust" somebody. Well trust me, you don't wanna go back to them days. EVER

We had a coach named Dan Reeves. yep believe it or not he took us to the Superbowl . a lot of you fans seem to forget that . and yet Mike Smith is our greatest head coach. he couldn't get to the Superbowl with a ticket .

We had a coach named Dan Reeves. yep believe it or not he took us to the Superbowl . a lot of you fans seem to forget that . and yet Mike Smith is our greatest head coach. he couldn't get to the Superbowl with a ticket .

Some of these fans are just as conservative as he is and can't see the big picture of superbowl champion!

I find it to be comical how everybody scurrying around like rats jumping off a sinking ship.

Can any of you idiots tell me specifically what is different about the Falcons staff this year?

When you can do so then you will know what the problem with the team is.

I will give you all a hint Holmes.

It's what you usually see on the end of a hook

Guest fibonacci

1. I've been a Mod on these boards for a few years now,

2. Our fans refuse to be in their seats sooner than five minutes before kick-off for a nationally-televised game.

3. You want to talk about another team? There are forums for that.

4. We need to get OUR house in order and you don't do that by comparing it to someone else's house and wishing and hoping the Falcons' house was like theirs. If that's how you feel, then, perhaps your loyalties should lie elsewhere.

5. What's going on with this team right now lies at the feet of the Falcons braintrust, beginning with Mike Smith. I'm not calling for him to be fired, so don't get it twisted. Smitty is the best head coach in the history of this franchise, but to have players who themselves admit they're out of shape (Holmes), and players who are undisciplined on the field with penalties are all the responsibility of the head coach. That's where it starts as far as I'm concerned. If you ask me, the Falcons are lazy. That's the bottom line. They've gone into this season resting on the laurels of last year's success of a 13-3 record and they've gotten fat.

6. See you Monday night.

BB-

1. no offense. I don't care.

2. People who complain 95% don't own season tickets or even go to a game that year.

- until then I don't want to hear crap. I am in my seats a good 30 minutes before kick off. and I feel I do my part and it's all I can do. I can only worry about myself.

- - by the way, worrying is a sin.

3. move threads when they are clearly not related to falcons. but hey, it's been tat way forever. So I could care less

4. I realized we had a lot of pink hat/fairweather fans. These people are either that or need to know what a losing season is.

5. no offense, I'm tired of hearing smith is the problem. Eagle fans made a mistake of saying to get rid of Reid for his one bad season. (I pray we don't make that mistake.)

6. See you then. you know I'll be in my seat way before time. section 322 actually is really good and a lot of us stuck it out to the end Sunday night.

I've been a Mod on these boards for a few years now, and I have to say that nothing pisses me off more than to see a bunch of fans complaining about the Falcons by comparing them to a rival team - like the Saints - as if "wishing we (the Falcons) had an offense, QB, head coach or defense like them" is actually going to change things. I mean, think about that for moment. You're wishing for something that you KNOW isn't going to happen, and you use these message boards to praise and prop up other teams as if doing that is going to result in some magical metamorphosis of the Falcons 53-man roster.

Face it, we have a team that's soft. Even players on the New England Patriots pointed this out in their post-game comments Sunday night. We have O-linemen who are out of shape and penalty-prone. We have a secondary that won't tackle. We have LBs who seem to spend more time making film (D-Block) than studying it. Our fans refuse to be in their seats sooner than five minutes before kick-off for a nationally-televised game. These problems are all internal to the Falcons and need to be addressed as such. Clicking your heels together three times and wishing the Falcons were some other team isn't going to change any of that.

You want to talk about another team? There are forums for that. As for me, my focus is on the Falcons. I chose to not renew my Georgia Tech season tickets just so I could add two additional Falcons season tickets to the two I already had. I don't say that to boast. I'm just saying that the Falcons - and only the Falcons - is where my professional sports allegiance lies, and I don't really give a rat's *** about any other team - regardless how well they're playing. We need to get OUR house in order and you don't do that by comparing it to someone else's house and wishing and hoping the Falcons' house was like theirs. If that's how you feel, then, perhaps your loyalties should lie elsewhere.

What's going on with this team right now lies at the feet of the Falcons braintrust, beginning with Mike Smith. I'm not calling for him to be fired, so don't get it twisted. Smitty is the best head coach in the history of this franchise, but to have players who themselves admit they're out of shape (Holmes), and players who are undisciplined on the field with penalties are all the responsibility of the head coach. That's where it starts as far as I'm concerned. If you ask me, the Falcons are lazy. That's the bottom line. They've gone into this season resting on the laurels of last year's success of a 13-3 record and they've gotten fat.

Yeah, I'm a Mod, but I'm not a homer. This team is in trouble, but I'm not gonna sit here saying I wish they were the Saints or the Patriots or the Niners or whoever. We need to handle our own business and clean up our own house. You can flame away if you want, but it's the truth!

See you Monday night.

BB-

TESTIFY!!!