Lamar Holmes Out Of Shape

I guarantee you... I used to be a strength and conditioning coach..... It's not because of the coach not giving him enough,or hard enough workouts...... This is all on Lamar Holmes, even with the 6 combined weeks of training camp and preseason, and now 4 games, he's had almost 3 months to get in shape. It's all on him

Agreed. Holmes played significant snaps in the preaseason too. I bet he played more snaps than any other player once Mike Johnson went down. I don't what else a coach could have done.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a conditioning issue because he plays better in his natural position and you can tell when he gets tired. Nobody is running right around him until he gets tired. Either way that's on him for not taking care of his body. I was there Sunday night and he probably played his best game thus far. He's just not in shape. He knows how to play and he gets it. All the smarts in the world don't matter when you're tired. Tired you make mental and physical mistakes. I don't think anybody is playing chess with a lineman lol. You gotta play chess with the qb. You don't beat Brees by tricking his lineman. You gotta out smart HIM. Same with Brady, Ryan and any other cerebral qb in the league. Up front it is about strength and speed. Show me where they've chessed him vs him just being out of shape? You blamed a sack on him last week that was on Snelling. If the communication is there like you said then it's a conditioning issue. Especially when it occurs later in the game when you expect guys to be winded. Him a little more tho cause he's out of shape.

This ^

Should be obvious considering how much better he plays in the first half of games.

And it sucks since this isn't a problem you can solve in a week. We just has to hope he gets better.

If he busts his @ss now thru the bye he may have himself in 4qtrs shape. Well enough to play the whole game. If he's serious about getting into game shape he has to dedicate himself to it. He's better 4 games in from game one but still has a ways to go.

And it sucks since this isn't a problem you can solve in a week. We just has to hope he gets better.

He'd better use the bye week to work on it every single day if he wants to stay in the NFL. He's got the skill and is learning. Just needs conditioning, something we've been saying for a while.

He'd better use the bye week to work on it every single day if he wants to stay in the NFL. He's got the skill and is learning. Just needs conditioning, something we've been saying for a while.

Yep time is running out and if he doesn't sort it out soon he could be out of the NFL for good, if he isn't going to put in the time I hope he gets cut... and it isn't like he has left good tape for the other 31 NFL teams.

Niebel has to go like 3 day old fish!

The team is not executing because they are out of Shape.

Look at the laundry list of injuries starting with Johnson.

Torris, I guarantee that you are in better shape right now than 80%

of the Falcons players are.

BTW

Where you B these days?

Yep time is running out and if he doesn't sort it out soon he could be out of the NFL for good, if he isn't going to put in the time I hope he gets cut... and it isn't like he has left good tape for the other 31 NFL teams.

I was hoping that him playing more games would increase his stamina faster. It's not happening as quickly as I was hoping, though I have been saying he'd be good after the bye (along with the rest of the oline). We will see I guess, c'mon Lamar.

He needs to do gut busters and wind sprints everyday after practice with a conditioning coach at least until he can get into 4 qtr game shape. Dedicated players do these little things. Which in the end are huge things.

As soon as he saw Clabo get cut, he should have known he was going to have a chance to start, and this is what he does???

And he thinks running on a treadmill is going to get him in football game shape , what a joke of a lineman

Even the announcers in the first game noticed it

Is that what the strength and conditioning coach is teaching them? If so I see why we can't push the pile in the trenches

This is just more evidence of why this team is in trouble, this so called

football player who is gassed after playing a qtr should have been out the door before the season started. WTF are we doing waisting our time with rubbish like this...." eh sorry I am out of shape but its getting better" GTFO, this team is bad enough without this kind of shyt. What is our management thinking here, again , is this the best we can put out on the field? Mike ? Thomas? this is it? How pathetic we are.

Guest Negatorris

Niebel has to go like 3 day old fish!

The team is not executing because they are out of Shape.

Look at the laundry list of injuries starting with Johnson.

Torris, I guarantee that you are in better shape right now than 80%

of the Falcons players are.

BTW

Where you B these days?

I've no idea what the staff was doing for strength and conditioning during the offseason, but it's obvious that it didn't do any good. Players are dropping like flies, and it can't be a coincidence. It's been going on ever since August. It's almost as if the coaching staff just trusted the players to go out and get their body NFL-ready by themselves. I'm pretty sure Arthur Blank is paying someone to get the players ready for 5+ months of incredibly physical competition. Something is definitely wrong with that picture.

And I'm over in Korea right now, working on ways to watch the Falcons and work at the same time lol.

You would think he would have made contingency plans.

The depth chart going out of training camp was:

LT - Sam Baker

RT - Mike Johnson

Then Johnson broke a leg, Schraeder was brought in, and then Holmes sucked, so they put in Trueblood, and then Baker was injured, so they had to stick Holmes back in.

We've run through about 2-3 contingency plans now.

This is supposedly a PROFFESIONAL sports franchise in one of the biggest sports in the world. We have a problem here with some of the most basic of things, like conditioning ? (kind of important) when to call a time out ? (like how many seconds are in a minute) Things like when its 3rd and goal from the 5 yd line why is the greatest TE of all time who has made his living in the end zone held back as a blocker ? are these not basic things and why do we not seem to be able to deal with them. I just cant believe what I am watching here the last 10 games or so that we have played , I mean its really just poorly run football period.