Red Zone Rankings Revisited

st. diehard

There's been some movement among the NFCS teams this week.

http://www.teamranki...one-scoring-pct

Well the rankings are what they are but man this table raises so many more questions, such as:

• The Falcons are only 5% lower than NO?
  • The Falcons are higher than NE?
  • Stl is in the top 5? No way they're a top 5 red zone team!

I know this is a small sample based on 4 games and it is based on how often you score a TD based on being in the red zone, but heck Jax could have made one trip, scored one TD and they'd be sitting atop the table at 100%.

They need more info like the # of possession in the red zone and the number of points scored/possession - that would be more revealing.

Well the rankings are what they are but man this table raises so many more questions, such as:

• The Falcons are only 5% lower than NO?
  • The Falcons are higher than NE?
  • Stl is in the top 5? No way they're a top 5 red zone team!

I know this is a small sample based on 4 games and it is based on how often you score a TD based on being in the red zone, but heck Jax could have made one trip, scored one TD and they'd be sitting atop the table at 100%.

They need more info like the # of possession in the red zone and the number of points scored/possession - that would be more revealing.

True, but this is what's referenced during the ballgames. A lot of usually strong red zone teams aren't hitting on all cylinders yet.

True, but this is what's referenced during the ballgames. A lot of usually strong red zone teams aren't hitting on all cylinders yet.

That can all change with the drop of the hat. My concern is the Falcons red zone defense this season. It has been great under Smitty over the years...We need to fix that pronto tonto...But Hey Jack, WFW is just sayin'

xJimBrown_RaquelWelch_1.jpg,qitok=VTsqnVQA.pagespeed.ic._lIPQ78X7F.jpg