Emmitt's Here To Set Thing Straight

Emmitt

I feels, that as the greatestes St. Louis Cardinal running backs in the histories of that legendary franchize, that I should shed a little in light in meant to those so called loyal and dedicated fans of the Falcons who are complaining about Coach Smith and Matt Ryan. Heck they complain more than a man having to sitting though the two our season premier of Glee.

I know most of the complainers are youngsters. I know because these complainers don’t remember the real Falcon history. The old joke that use to go round the streets was that I left two tickets to the Falcons game on my windshield to give away. When I came back 10 hour later, there was five more tickets under my wiper.

I’m telling you young bucks, the Falcons were bad. My father was never much of a swearing man, but the look of discust that would come across his face when Bobby Butler, Mike Booker, Charles Dimmery, etc would let some po dunk receiver have a 23 yard cushion on every play said it all. He would just shake his head and go uhhhuhhhhuhhh. I personally remember several times when the much vaunted Falcon defense would actually force a turnover and before the play was over would turn it back over to the other team.

I knows what you sayin. What about this Prime Time cat we hear so much about? Yeah, he was good, but unfortunately the other corner never was. There were several QBs that came away after the game on the injury report with cricks in their necks because they never turned there head to Times side of the field. With a 45 yard cushion in zone prevent icloud defense, why woulds you?

You young cats can’t even image what Coach Smith and Matt Ryan has brought to this franchise. I remember watching other games in the 70s, 80s and 90s besides the Falcons and they always looked like they were in HD compared to the Falcon game I was watching a few hours later. I’m not sure what it was. I think they didn’t want to waste the good Tecn-i-color on the Falcon game. No body watched the Falcon game anyway. Now when I watch Falcon games, we look organized and in 1080p HD.

I remember the great Michael Jordon, once said that he missed way more game winning shots than he made. I see Matt Ryan the same way. He’s won way more games than he’s lost. Just wait and see. I still see this team with a minimum of 10 wins and in the playoffs. The moral of this here rant is just be patient and see the complete body of work because no one is more upset about this than Coach Smith and his crew.

I feels, that as the greatestes St. Louis Cardinal running backs in the histories of that legendary franchize, that I should shed a little in light in meant to those so called loyal and dedicated fans of the Falcons who are complaining about Coach Smith and Matt Ryan. Heck they complain more than a man having to sitting though the two our season premier of Glee.

I know most of the complainers are youngsters. I know because these complainers don’t remember the real Falcon history. The old joke that use to go round the streets was that I left two tickets to the Falcons game on my windshield to give away. When I came back 10 hour later, there was five more tickets under my wiper.

I’m telling you young bucks, the Falcons were bad. My father was never much of a swearing man, but the look of discust that would come across his face when Bobby Butler, Mike Booker, Charles Dimmery, etc would let some po dunk receiver have a 23 yard cushion on every play said it all. He would just shake his head and go uhhhuhhhhuhhh. I personally remember several times when the much vaunted Falcon defense would actually force a turnover and before the play was over would turn it back over to the other team.

I knows what you sayin. What about this Prime Time cat we hear so much about? Yeah, he was good, but unfortunately the other corner never was. There were several QBs that came away after the game on the injury report with cricks in their necks because they never turned there head to Times side of the field. With a 45 yard cushion in zone prevent icloud defense, why woulds you?

You young cats can’t even image what Coach Smith and Matt Ryan has brought to this franchise. I remember watching other games in the 70s, 80s and 90s besides the Falcons and they always looked like they were in HD compared to the Falcon game I was watching a few hours later. I’m not sure what it was. I think they didn’t want to waste the good Tecn-i-color on the Falcon game. No body watched the Falcon game anyway. Now when I watch Falcon games, we look organized and in 1080p HD.

I remember the great Michael Jordon, once said that he missed way more game winning shots than he made. I see Matt Ryan the same way. He’s won way more games than he’s lost. Just wait and see. I still see this team with a minimum of 10 wins and in the playoffs. The moral of this here rant is just be patient and see the complete body of work because no one is more upset about this than Coach Smith and his crew.

those were some putrid games back then. I used to dred Sundays, lol. I totally agree with you on how this franchise has been turned around, 180 degrees. Neon was a lock down corner but, you are correct the other CB always sucked.

those were some putrid games back then. I used to dred Sundays, lol. I totally agree with you on how this franchise has been turned around, 180 degrees. Neon was a lock down corner but, you are correct the other CB always sucked.

Lol I know who you meant, but I still thought it was funny laugh.png. To me the expectations that were put on this team has contributed to the way many fans are now. I'm not really old enough to remember to remember those previous seasons. My grandfather used to tell me about the Falcons and how bad they were at one point in time. I guess what I'm trying to say is I think we are blessed to have consistent winning teams, but I just don't want them to settle for mediocrity.....prime example look at another Atlanta team....The Hawks.......yeah don't really want to get too much into that. But I believe we will right the ship. to me this team is way too talented to settle for mediocrity.

I thinks history repeats itself. Now that the foulcons are getting a new dome they can go back to being the way they were9the old foulcons). Who in there right mind is gonna want to reward a losing team a new dome. Its like an old hooptie, you gots to polish it up to get it to sell. Like the lady on the news said about the vote on the new dome, its a travesty to tear down 2 historial churches for a 2nd rate team like the foulcons. I thinks she rated them too high.

Let's hear for the old timers who remember the bad old days and are thankful for the Smitty/Ryan era!!

Put me on that list of the old timers. Which is why I just can't bring myself to call for anyones head on the current team. I certainly don't like that the team is 1-3, and I'm not about to embrace mediocrity, but at least they are competitive. I know that the Falcons will get it turned around. It may be too late to make a playoff run, but you can't make it every year. You also can't make hasty decisions based off of emotion or urgency and make things better. This team has holes to fill and maybe losing will make the FO realize those changes need to be made and not casually ignored thinking that everything will be okay.

I came in right around Primetime so I endured about 3 years of being a joke until the 98 season. That's when my disappointment really started. The whole Eugene Robinson fiasco and a loss in the Super Bowl...

Recovered from that and cheered through the Mike Vick era, win or lose, but now with this roster I feel like I'm due. To see them perform like this. The loss to New York in the playoffs. Being a down away from the Super Bowl last year, and now this 1-3 start... Its wearing on the fabric of my Falcons fan psyche.

No, I haven't suffered since '65, but I have suffered none the less. Its okay for us to be frustrated. They need to play better. Period.

Edited by LongSufferingFan88

I thinks history repeats itself. Now that the foulcons are getting a new dome they can go back to being the way they were9the old foulcons). Who in there right mind is gonna want to reward a losing team a new dome. Its like an old hooptie, you gots to polish it up to get it to sell. Like the lady on the news said about the vote on the new dome, its a travesty to tear down 2 historial churches for a 2nd rate team like the foulcons. I thinks she rated them too high.

I once knocked out four teeth from some poor fool who had the nads to say foulcons to my face.

I'd love to meet you and try to break my record.

3.502 posts of utter garbage. Grats.

Smith is a problem, again if all you care about is incompetently coached games win or lose with no aspirations of ever going to the top then Smith is your guy. If being in this rut is better than the past then fine, just stop trying to convince other people who want more for this team that "smith is better than what was". First time I haven't laughed at an Emmitt post

Let's hear for the old timers who remember the bad old days and are thankful for the Smitty/Ryan era!!

Ole Mr.Falcon, Tommy Nobis used to make 200 tackles a year cause no one else was

making any.

I very much appreciate TD, Smitty, Ryan. But this years team and last yrs team is choking

in the red zone plus coming out flat as the road runner getting run over by a road grader

in the third qt. EVERY GAME. Coach can't help it that Ryan is all choked up, but it's on

him that we do absolutely nothing in the third qt.

I'm just calling it like I see it. That's what I do.

joker_clap.gif