How We Can Get This Season Back On Track

Ok folks, I'm back. Had to vent with a few threads and posts, but I think I'm done and ready to talk about how we can improve. (Pardon me if I offended anyone. I just love my team and know we can be better)

#1 Cut the crap - Let's stop fooling ourselves. We won't be winning a lot of games with the "It'll get better attitude". The Falcons must take it upon themselves to make it better. No more D-Block, No more excuses, No more events/interview (not mandated be NFL)

Players should practice hard. Offense should put in extra work EVERY practice. Matt has to develop Harry Douglas. He should be able to pick up some slack in time like this. But do to Matt's over-reliance on the stars he has no chemistry with HD. Now is the time to change that. As well as with Toilolo and Coffman.

Coaches need to adjust their gameplan to be more aggressive. Attack the ball on Defense. Attack the D on Offense. Reduce the dink and dunk plays until the D back off and safeties are deep.

#2 Get HD involved - We may need an APB for HD. Mentioned this in the previous section, but its worth repeating. HD should be stepping up. But due to a few factors he hasn't. We need more plays targeting him specifically. He can be explosive if used correctly. Let's try adding him in more often.

#3 Two Tight End sets - Flies in the face of the previous post, but we should look into this, especially when S Jax is back. Bulking up a questionable line can't hurt. And there is always the ability to send them as receivers. That set screams 'Run' so we could catch the Defense with a Play action or two from these sets.

#4 Move Babs to the end - Let's revisit a strategy that paid off for us last year. Go big on the D-Line. Babs, Peters, Jerry (playing well so far), Osi is a big line. Furthermore the defense will almost assuredly go to Osi's side. Stack a LB over him and send Willy Mo up the 3 gap to get the QB. Keeps DeCoud in the backfield (Less tackling responsibility than middlefield zone) and makes offense either keep RB in to block or get the ball out quick.

These few changes can be the difference in games. I'd love to see the Falcons adopt a few of them. What are your thoughts?

Won't happen.

The team is soft.

No heart.

No pride.

The coaches have instilled zero sense of urgency.

There are no negative consequences for poor performances.

Done.

This whole season is outlined in chalk.

Yeah, it's impossible for the Falcons to win the next 3 games, and the Saints to lose, on the road, to Chi & NE and the Falcons to be 4-3 and the Saints 5-2.

Ok folks, I'm back. Had to vent with a few threads and posts, but I think I'm done and ready to talk about how we can improve. (Pardon me if I offended anyone. I just love my team and know we can be better)

#1 Cut the crap - Let's stop fooling ourselves. We won't be winning a lot of games with the "It'll get better attitude". The Falcons must take it upon themselves to make it better. No more D-Block, No more excuses, No more events/interview (not mandated be NFL)

Players should practice hard. Offense should put in extra work EVERY practice. Matt has to develop Harry Douglas. He should be able to pick up some slack in time like this. But do to Matt's over-reliance on the stars he has no chemistry with HD. Now is the time to change that. As well as with Toilolo and Coffman.

Coaches need to adjust their gameplan to be more aggressive. Attack the ball on Defense. Attack the D on Offense. Reduce the dink and dunk plays until the D back off and safeties are deep.

#2 Get HD involved - We may need an APB for HD. Mentioned this in the previous section, but its worth repeating. HD should be stepping up. But due to a few factors he hasn't. We need more plays targeting him specifically. He can be explosive if used correctly. Let's try adding him in more often.

#3 Two Tight End sets - Flies in the face of the previous post, but we should look into this, especially when S Jax is back. Bulking up a questionable line can't hurt. And there is always the ability to send them as receivers. That set screams 'Run' so we could catch the Defense with a Play action or two from these sets.

#4 Move Babs to the end - Let's revisit a strategy that paid off for us last year. Go big on the D-Line. Babs, Peters, Jerry (playing well so far), Osi is a big line. Furthermore the defense will almost assuredly go to Osi's side. Stack a LB over him and send Willy Mo up the 3 gap to get the QB. Keeps DeCoud in the backfield (Less tackling responsibility than middlefield zone) and makes offense either keep RB in to block or get the ball out quick.

These few changes can be the difference in games. I'd love to see the Falcons adopt a few of them. What are your thoughts?

2 and 3 are great ideas.

2. HD is explosive but, inconsistent to say the least. Maybe their trust in him is low and that is why he does not have many plays designed for him? But, if we can get him to play like week one on a consistent basis, watch out opponents!

3 .I too wonder why we are rarely in 2 TE sets. It will help out the Oline or an extra blocker for the run game, if Tolio or Coffman has issues catching the ball. 1 RB, 2 WR, 2 TEs, gives an offense a lot of options especially when the O-line is horrible.

There's a reasonable chance that the Falcons get Baker, SJax and White healthy after the bye week.

That could turn the O around right there. A healthy offense scoring lots of points makes the D's job much easier.

I agree that getting healthy is the first thing. Hopefully our coaching can improve as well. We have to make changes in the red zone or it is gonna be a long season. It is an up hill battle, but it can be done.

I agree that getting healthy is the first thing. Hopefully our coaching can improve as well. We have to make changes in the red zone or it is gonna be a long season. It is an up hill battle, but it can be done.

Being healthy helps the red zone considerably- think one of the problems in the red zone is the plays they planned to run with SJax they don't feel Snells or Quiz can run.

Also think they're right at the edge of getting everything together and destroying a team.

Being healthy helps the red zone considerably- think one of the problems in the red zone is the plays they planned to run with SJax they don't feel Snells or Quiz can run.

Also think they're right at the edge of getting everything together and destroying a team.

Have to disagree. We were equally as bad last year in the redzone

Sean Peyton being back won't matter. dry.png Oh the things we heard preseason.

OMG they barely beat the Bucs and the Birds, thrashed the Cardinals and Dolphins, They will be away from the Big Greasy the next 3 weeks then we will see.

Get healthy get back .500 then lets see what happens....

bewild-anhobltgebopxt.jpg

Inconsistent can mean he disappears with no catches for multiple games and then has 6 catches in 1.

Also, not saying Harry has bad hands either, but it seems there are many passes near Harry that he never touches that are not counted as drops but Julio touches but cannot pull in. Is that a drop?

I think some fans have the wrong attitude ...... Yes I'm pissed off about the bs I see on the field .... I think there are a lot of improvements that need to be made ...... First starting with coaching there attitude is way to passive for me .... 2nd Defense we need play makers and someone to lead not sure who that is but somebody needs to do it ..... 3rd Matty Melt has to get better and be more concrete in his decisions making process .... But I think we can get things back on track I'm almost certain the falcons will come out gunning Monday night .... taking all prisoners and will get a win .... following that week we should be getting healthier during our bye .... then we can beat TB .... so its not over but us as fans cant get to down on our team where they cant even count on us to cheer them on .... I say lets put our loses behind us and focus on getting better ....

Edited by cjasu04

Pretty sure the Falcons were top ten in the red zone last year- 26 of Ryan's 32 TD passes last year were red zone passes.

I seem to remember several close calls against teams like the Raiders and Cardinals last year where this problem was evident. Touchdowns instead of a FG would have put the game away. Not to mention the games in the playoffs. Same problem in the playoffs against NYG and GB. Definitely not a new issue.

I seem to remember several close calls against teams like the Raiders and Cardinals last year where this problem was evident. Touchdowns instead of a FG would have put the game away. Not to mention the games in the playoffs. Same problem in the playoffs against NYG and GB. Definitely not a new issue.

It was turnovers that was the problem in the Raider and Cardinal games, and not red zone TOs.