Cheffie.......

jb 3.0

Boy, were you ever right on about Schiano!

When you called him undisciplined in the offseason, I thought you were nuts! The man is nothing but an ego-driven control freak, but what makes it worse, he's just a lousy X's & O's coach. He completely sucks in almost every facit of the game. It might help if the Glazers had asked him to give them an idea of how he would run a 2 minute offense....or defense. Or at least talked to his family about what a Hitler like Tyrant he is!

A tip of my hat to you sir, you saw something that I couldn't see for all the team bullspit he was spewing last season!

Boy, were you ever right on about Schiano!

When you called him undisciplined in the offseason, I thought you were nuts! The man is nothing but an ego-driven control freak, but what makes it worse, he's just a lousy X's & O's coach. He completely sucks in almost every facit of the game. It might help if the Glazers had asked him to give them an idea of how he would run a 2 minute offense....or defense. Or at least talked to his family about what a Hitler like Tyrant he is!

A tip of my hat to you sir, you saw something that I couldn't see for all the team bullspit he was spewing last season!

I feel for you; I was completely duped by Petrino as well... put the fear of college coaching hires in me. I fully expect the Chip Kelly Experience in Philly to blow up as well; the only question, like with Tampa, is how long they'll put up with the failing experiment...

We all want to feel like our teams' hires...coaching, FA, etc are not the worst decisions ever made. No one can blame you for being optimistic...

All that said, I hope the Buccs never get rid of him! :)

I feel for you; I was completely duped by Petrino as well... put the fear of college coaching hires in me. I fully expect the Chip Kelly Experience in Philly to blow up as well; the only question, like with Tampa, is how long they'll put up with the failing experiment...

We all want to feel like our teams' hires...coaching, FA, etc are not the worst decisions ever made. No one can blame you for being optimistic...

All that said, I hope the Buccs never get rid of him! smile.png

We play the Eagles here Sunday after next, while coming off our bye. Sad thing is I hope Kelly and Vick & Co. crush us, so we can get rid of this worthless turd everyone's trying to polish while crapping all over Freeman with with aspersions and innuendo!ph34r.png

All that said, I hope the Buccs never get rid of him! :)

Chip may ultimately fail in Philly, but I don't think he will. He's trying to polish a turd right now. As much as I like what Andy Reid did for the Eagles over the years, he left the roster in pretty bad shape.

I don't think there's any doubt that his offense will work at this level… And it will work even better when he has a quarterback that is more consistent in running it.

The offense so far as been shooting themselves in the foot with ill-timed penalties and drops... And Vick is not always making the right read in time. He is still holding on to the ball too long.

Even so… Here's a look at how Chip's offense compares to what Reid did in 2012:

F83C044D-A30A-450A-9F67-02BBAD202B02-1616-000001A15C6D1505_zpsbbf3b5a7.jpg

Now our defenses in transition.. And it's going to look bad for a while. Chip believes in the 3–4, but the Eagles roster mainly consists of 4–3 personnel. That is not a one-year switch… Not to mention he did not get his first choice for Defensive Cordinator. I don't even think he even got his second or third choice. He took what was available.

So it will look pretty ugly at times this year… Especially on defense. But even though the personnel favors of 4–3, if a coach believes in switching schemes… It's best to start right away and get the growing pains over with as quickly as possible.

Pretty surprising numbers for Eagles, never expected that many offensive rankings to be so high, that's definitely something you can build on.

Also, they said going to a 3-4 would take more than a year since we didn't have the right personnel, yet even losing another 8 guys on defense the Saints D has been pretty darn good so far.

Pretty surprising numbers for Eagles, never expected that many offensive rankings to be so high, that's definitely something you can build on.

Also, they said going to a 3-4 would take more than a year since we didn't have the right personnel, yet even losing another 8 guys on defense the Saints D has been pretty darn good so far.

I've been very impressed by the Saints D so far…

And you are right… I think a lot of people would be surprised to see where the Eagles rank in many categories on offense. So many are eager to see Chip Kelly fail, so they look at the record and think he's not doing anything positive. We are only talking for games here… So far so good in my mind. I knew the D would be a mess…

Talking about your defense, how much time to rest does Kelly's offense give your d between series'? If a three and out takes less than a couple minutes, and your D has to go right back on the field, it seems counter productive. Could be one of the reasons your D is looking bad so far.

Peyton Manning could be the other reason, though...