Panthers = 12

Bucs = 15

Falcons = 26

Points/Gm

Panthers = 3

Saints = 5

Bucs = 8

Falcons = 22

I'll be surprised if the Saints defense keeps up this level of play, but they obviously won't approach last year's futility. Teams are going to figure out what they want to do, though, and figure out a plan that plays to Ryan's tendencies.

In case you didn't watch last night, Ryan played most of the game in base defense fronts , a lot of 3/3/5, without much blitzing, without many exotic fronts. He basically played straight defense and our guys won most of the night.

In case you didn't watch last night, Ryan played most of the game in base defense fronts , a lot of 3/3/5, without much blitzing, without many exotic fronts. He basically played straight defense and our guys won most of the night.

Because the Phins Oline Sucks.

I agree that they ran a base defense a lot without much blitzing but I think they ran a 4-2-5 and not a 3-3-5.

I watched. The Dolphins averaged 6 yards a carry. If they'd been able to convert on better than a pathetic 33% of their third downs, Miami would have been able to pound the ball all game against that defense. I'd hardly call that winning.

Yeah, it's not like we're trying to convince all of our critics that our D is staffed with ubermenschen or anything, but they've come up big when it counts and hoo boy what a welcome change that is. In the past, once the Saints O got clicking and started building a lead the defense invariably would start bleeding yards as teams abandoned their gameplan to play catch-up. So far, our D has done a nice job of limiting that as well.

pretty impressive having 3 NFCS teams in the top 10 in scoring defense

Why aren't the Falcons in the top 10? I thought Osi was more than going to make up for the loss of Abraham, and they didn't need Grimes anyway, because they had Trufnat and the other kid.

I watched. The Dolphins averaged 6 yards a carry. If they'd been able to convert on better than a pathetic 33% of their third downs, Miami would have been able to pound the ball all game against that defense. I'd hardly call that winning.

38-17 is winning.. What you are doing is whining!

Lol, agreed that post was ridiculous. Teams win games after doing poorly in one aspect of the game all the time, Miami didn't so well at certain things either, like stopping the pass...........I guess you have to play a perfect game or the win doesn't count, lol.

I guess he turned off the TV and called it a night at halftime, I don't know.

The point I was making was the Saints blitzed a total of 3 times and generated pressures on 15 of 41 drop backs which was the worst performance of the year so far for a Dolphins. Tannehill went 19-32 with 3 interceptions against base pressures.

In contrast, Drew Brees was pressured on 6 of his 42 drop backs, 2nd lowest of the week, only Cassell had less.

Edited by Big A