Last Offensive Play Of The Game

Ice5303

Go back and watch it again, if Roddy breaks that play off at the goal line and runs parallel with the goal line, that's a easy catch and if not a TD, at least a first down, but the bad angle made it easy for Talib to stay with him

I don't know if that was the play call, or because of his ankle, but way easier for a CB to stay with someone at the angle, rather than a hard 90 to the pylon,

Ok, over and done, won't fret on it, but just keep seeing the same bad routes in the redzone

It was a terrible play call from the start. Ryan was only given one option and that was Roddy. He was going to Roddy from the start, no matter if he was covered or not. I hate plays where the QB doesn't have multiple options and when they roll him to one side b

There were 3 guys bunched up on Tony. Someone should have been wide open and if course we don't try to get the ball to our most gifted WR. Julio!!! That would just be stupid.

It was a terrible play call from the start. Ryan was only given one option and that was Roddy. He was going to Roddy from the start, no matter if he was covered or not. I hate plays where the QB doesn't have multiple options and when they roll him to one side b

There were 3 guys bunched up on Tony. Someone should have been wide open and if course we don't try to get the ball to our most gifted WR. Julio!!! That would just be stupid.

Archer talked about this play.

He said in addition to Tony being doubled and mauled at the line they doubled Julio & Harry.

Roddy was the only 1 on 1 situation and Arch said Matt could have thrown the ball better.

Actually, go back and watch, Harry was bracketed, Julio was bracketed and Tony was just flat out doubled at the line, the only 2 who had single coverage were Roddy and Jacquizz and Jacquizz looked like he was doing more of a release out of the backfield block. So roddy was the only single, it just happened to be on their best DB, I would have liked to see HD in the flat, or jacquizz one on one, if he didn't get the TD, he would of at least gotten a first

Actually, go back and watch, Harry was bracketed, Julio was bracketed and Tony was just flat out doubled at the line, the only 2 who had single coverage were Roddy and Jacquizz and Jacquizz looked like he was doing more of a release out of the backfield block. So roddy was the only single, it just happened to be on their best DB, I would have liked to see HD in the flat, or jacquizz one on one, if he didn't get the TD, he would of at least gotten a first

If Matt made a mistake here, it was anticipating a rush that never came. The Pats only rushed 3, double jammed Gonezo, had one on one + safety help on Harry and Julio and left their best player on Roddy. Its a fantastic defensive call. Its possible if Matt waits another tick, he can hit Harry with a chance at the first. Quizz is out of the play, so is Gonezo. Julio isnt an option either.

It comes down to Harry vs. Roddy. Matt knows Roddy wins that battle the vast majority of the time. He was one on one and he looked to old dependable. Unfortunately, Roddy just doesnt have the ability to cut like that right now. But given his increase in usage and targets, I think he's getting closer.

Go back and watch it again, if Roddy breaks that play off at the goal line and runs parallel with the goal line, that's a easy catch and if not a TD, at least a first down, but the bad angle made it easy for Talib to stay with him

I don't know if that was the play call, or because of his ankle, but way easier for a CB to stay with someone at the angle, rather than a hard 90 to the pylon,

Ok, over and done, won't fret on it, but just keep seeing the same bad routes in the redzone

Isnt that why we have coordinators ? to correct things like that, and if Roddy is too hurt to run that route proper why is he out there and why did the play go to him ????? That play was designed for roddy all the way. Koetter is a joke in the redzone but isn't that what we should expect for hiring the guy in charge of the worst offense in the league? SMFH another Smith move, "I don't want to be threatened so Ill hire a bum"

Its like asking your secretary to hire another office girl, what are the odds the new one will be better looking ? that's right , about ZERO