For The People Who Want Smitty Gone

I know that he's ultimately responsible for the teams performance and he's said it himself. You all want him gone because we're sitting at 1-3. There's TWO coaches out there that have won MULTIPLE Super Bowls that currently are both 0-4 and both have way better defenses than us out there that can't stop ANYONE.

I also wanted to point out that the problem seems to be about finishing because in EVERY game this season, the game has been decided at the very end if it.

No one who wants him gone wants him gone because of a 1-3 start. It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that the Packers came into our house and beat the everliving crap out of us when we were a #1 seed, or our complete no-show against the Giants, or blowing 20 point and 17 point leads in last season's playoffs, or the fact that people just find other stuff to watch during the 3rd quarter now because they know we are either going to see our lead dwindle or our opponent's lead increase. But yeah, everyone is just losing their minds because of a 1-3 start. Otherwise Mike Smith is basically Bill Walsh reincarnate.

The 1-3 start has nothing to do with wanting him fired.

The reasons he should be fired are many, have been discussed at length in several threads, and have nothing to do with the team's record.

That you made this thread indicates you:

a) didn't bother to read the reasons given in other threads,

b ) are incapable of understanding the reasons given in other threads.

c) are trolling the real fans that want Smitty fired.

d) are so starved for attention because mommy didn't love you enough that you felt the need to start this thread.

e) some combination of the above.

Edited by Olineman64C

I was a big Smith supporter but after the last 6 games, I have changed my mind. There is no excuse for letting teams come back when you have double digit leads.

I hope Blank is as pissed as we are & is actively searching for a replacement.

getting rid of a winning coach in our franchise....

yeah i doubt blank will do such a thing.

I was a big Smith supporter but after the last 6 games, I have changed my mind. There is no excuse for letting teams come back when you have double digit leads.

I hope Blank is as pissed as we are & is actively searching for a replacement.

Don't ever think for one minute that Blank doesn't have this in the back of his mind. This is a business for him and to be successful you need a coach that has the characteristics of Belichick to fill the stands. With the new stadium on the horizon, don't think that if Smitty doesn't turn things around this season that he won't be history next year. The whole Falcon's enterprise was supposed to be SB bound this year. It won't happen so if Smitty has any abilities left in him he'll do something to save the fan base. And I'm not talking about just running over the Jet's next week.

If Smitty can't get it done this year and Mr. Blank keeps him around then you have to question his commitment to truly taking this franchise to its first Lombardi. He would then be telling the fan base that he is content with mediocrity and not trying to raise the bar at all.

Don't ever think for one minute that Blank doesn't have this in the back of his mind. This is a business for him and to be successful you need a coach that has the characteristics of Belichick to fill the stands. With the new stadium on the horizon, don't think that if Smitty doesn't turn things around this season that he won't be history next year. The whole Falcon's enterprise was supposed to be SB bound this year. It won't happen so if Smitty has any abilities left in him he'll do something to save the fan base. And I'm not talking about just running over the Jet's next week.

It's in the back of his mind. It's not in the front. And what's this "supposed to be SB bound" stuff? There's no predicting the NFL. Just ask the Patriots about their "perfect season".

Blank will not fire the winningest active coach in the NFL. He's modeling this franchise after Pittsburgh and New England. The one thing those franchises have (other than about 10 Lombardis combined) is continuity.

Pittsburgh has not fired a coach in over 50 years. There were MANY who thought Cowher should have been gone LONG before he won the big one. Great franchise owners do not react to every whim, whine, and wish of a fickle fan base. Blank made that mistake once with Dan Reeves. He won't do it again.

Dream on trollies.

No one who wants him gone wants him gone because of a 1-3 start. It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that the Packers came into our house and beat the everliving crap out of us when we were a #1 seed, or our complete no-show against the Giants, or blowing 20 point and 17 point leads in last season's playoffs, or the fact that people just find other stuff to watch during the 3rd quarter now because they know we are either going to see our lead dwindle or our opponent's lead increase. But yeah, everyone is just losing their minds because of a 1-3 start. Otherwise Mike Smith is basically Bill Walsh reincarnate.

Exactly!! It's an acumalation of games and his inability to correct the flaws we have seen over and over with this team.

If he hasn't been able to fix it by now, what makes people think he ever will? He's had plenty of time. Perhaps if he took preseason and practice more serious like many have said, he would get it corrected.

If Smitty can't get it done this year and Mr. Blank keeps him around then you have to question his commitment to truly taking this franchise to its first Lombardi. He would then be telling the fan base that he is content with mediocrity and not trying to raise the bar at all.

Exactly!! And does he want to see his shiny new stadium empty? Yeah it will sell out the first year or 2 cause of the newness. But if the team is continuing with this downward spiral, it will get empty real fast.

Based on his record and what Blank has been through he'll get one more year. If he fires Smith after one bad year he would probably scare any quality coaches away. Next year though is a different story. If this year is a complete disaster finishing below .500 then I believe Smith will be done in Blank's mind. If Smith stumbles out of the gate next year he may not make it to the end of the regular season.

Edited by Xfactor

It's in the back of his mind. It's not in the front. And what's this "supposed to be SB bound" stuff? There's no predicting the NFL. Just ask the Patriots about their "perfect season".

Blank will not fire the winningest active coach in the NFL

Dream on trollies.

After coming so close to a SB visit last season the team shored up weaknesses. This season was to be our trip to the promised land. The fans know there is no predicting in the NFL but 90% of us felt like this season would be ours. Don't doubt this statement one bit homey. Sports writers all over the country felt we made the right replacements to get it done. Who's the troll? You!

Based on his record and what Blank has been through he'll get one more year. If he fires Smith after one bad year he would probably scare any quality coaches away. Next year though is a different story. If this year is a complete disaster finishing below .500 then I believe Smith will be done in Blank's mind. If Smith stumbles out of the gate next year he may not make it to the end of the regular season.

Matt Ryan and Julio Jones will make it where no coach will be scared to take over. How many new coaches have a top 5 QB and WR fresh at their disposal? Most have to draft a QB and hope he turns out to be serviceable. With that and a brand new shiny stadium coming soon, Blank will have plenty to choose from.

this i can agree with.

but at some point i doubt it as well.

the whole speech he gave about how the other team dictates how we play really upset me. And I dont see why none of the NFL talking heads didnt capitalize on this and bring it to public attention that smith wants to play the other teams game instead of his own.

maybe he doesn't really have a plan and is just winging it as he goes.

Im lmao watching some of yall post on this thread. Seriously though who are yall trying to fool. U mean to tell me all these Fire Mike Smith threads aren't b/c we're 1-3. Lol. GTFOH. Yall know **** well the reason u want smitty fired is b/c we're 1-3. Cause im pretty sure had we been 4-0 I wouldn't see 1 fire mike smith thread on here unless we choked again in the playoffs. You ppl make me sick. Whats the point of lying. The whole reason yall want anyone fired or cut at this point is b/c we're 1-3. Smdh. I swear. I could better logic out a 2 year old.

Smity is a nice guy, good coach, not a Super Bowl coach. His lack of clock management would get him exposed and embarrassed. Thank him and show him the door.

Call Gruden and offer him whatever it takes. Smitty can open a Hat Store where tipping his cap to Winners is pro business.

COACHING:

There were some questionable calls by Coach Smith. He went for an early fourth-and-2 and the Falcons didn't convert. He called for a late onsides kick with three timeouts remaining. Smith is needlessly taking ownership for execution issues. Offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter is throwing passes in short yardage situations and defensive coordinator Mike Nolan was clearly embarrassed by the third-and-19 conversion.

This is the most accurate reporting I have seen yet. Stop blaming Smith if anything it is the coordinators fault.

Im lmao watching some of yall post on this thread. Seriously though who are yall trying to fool. U mean to tell me all these Fire Mike Smith threads aren't b/c we're 1-3. Lol. GTFOH. Yall know **** well the reason u want smitty fired is b/c we're 1-3. Cause im pretty sure had we been 4-0 I wouldn't see 1 fire mike smith thread on here unless we choked again in the playoffs. You ppl make me sick. Whats the point of lying. The whole reason yall want anyone fired or cut at this point is b/c we're 1-3. Smdh. I swear. I could better logic out a 2 year old.

This is the most accurate reporting I have seen yet. Stop blaming Smith if anything it is the coordinators fault.

In any situation the man in charge is responsible for either the successes or failures of his charge. The Falcons make the same mistakes over and over and over. One mistake is falling down and not scoring in the red zone. How long would you allow this to continue if you were wanting an elite team. This is just one example. Please explain this to a 2 year old, dork.

I will agree to the Nolan criticism, given Atlanta hired the DC from the LAST PLACE Defense in the LEAGUE means SMITH and TD and BLANK should ALL BE FIRED for STUPIDITY!

All of you Nolan supporters when Atlanta went to the BOTTOM to get him, thank you for supporting such an incredibly IGNORANT CHOICE!

After coming so close to a SB visit last season the team shored up weaknesses. This season was to be our trip to the promised land. The fans know there is no predicting in the NFL but 90% of us felt like this season would be ours. Don't doubt this statement one bit homey. Sports writers all over the country felt we made the right replacements to get it done. Who's the troll? You!

Last year was our season PERIOD. You can look at all the bonehead coaching mistakes to know why we didn't get there. They fixed nothing unless you call adding in a couple of rookies, an old running back and a tired DE. Still no Oline still no pass rush but yeah we'll be fine.

You probably think Obamacare will save you money too.

I know that he's ultimately responsible for the teams performance and he's said it himself. You all want him gone because we're sitting at 1-3. There's TWO coaches out there that have won MULTIPLE Super Bowls that currently are both 0-4 and both have way better defenses than us out there that can't stop ANYONE.

I also wanted to point out that the problem seems to be about finishing because in EVERY game this season, the game has been decided at the very end if it.

Why do people people get hung up on if a coach has won a championship? Before new Orleans, Payton had never won a sb. Before new England, Bill had never won a sp. Before Baltimore, JH had never won a sb. Pete Carroll has never won a sp, but would anyone deny the job he's done in Seattle?

There are a ton a good, young assistants