Want To Read Something Interesting For A Change?

slewis1952

First, I am a lifelong Falcons fan. I am a season ticket holder. Here are a few items that bother me and I don't have an answer

Coming off 4 seasons where our defense was not very good, we are bottom 6 in points allowed, passing yards, and total yards given up. Losing Bierman wasn't the reason. I hate to make this comparison but New Orleans came off a horrible defensive season and are now in the top 10 in least points allowed.

We can't run the ball. We are 26th in the league in avg. yards per game. New Orleans can't run the ball and are 25th in the league. They don't really care because their offense is wide open. Ours continues week after week to try and prove you have to run the football. The better Green Bay teams didn't need to run either.

The New England Pats lost their TE's Hernandez and Gronkowski (like us losing Gonzales). The Pats lost Amendola, their split end slot back. The Pats lost Wilfork early in the game. The Pats did not have 1 Pro Bowl end playing the other night. We had Roddy, Julio, and Tony. We lost and looked bad doing it. Why?

Our starting corner Asante Samuels was out in the preseason... he is still out. We made little effort to shore up the offensive line and once the season began, nothing changed. Why?

We threw one long pass against Miami and completed it. We threw two against N.E. One was intercepted and one completed for 49 yds to Julio. Why? Also, they doubled Julio and we double no one. Why?

Finally, the Red Zone is smaller than the entire field. We cannot or do not alter anything on offense when we get close. We'll get two or three yards because that is what we are given, but always find ourselves with 3rd and 4th down and we haven't got a clue. This goes back to last year. Why?

I like watching our young guys getting valuable play time. But they are no different than the last few years than past defences and have digressed on offense. I just wish I knew WHY?

Good points, our team in a lot of critical spots is being held together by chewing gum, Elmer's glue, rubber bands, and paper clips. Our offensive line couldn't hold back a high school front 7 for four quarters right now. We just have to try to get healthy and get hot!! That's our only hope.

Edited by dthar2109

I'll tell you something interesting, I was so mad at Koetter yesterday that I googled him and his phone number popped up. I have no intention of calling him but dam I thought folks would hide their numbers

Edited by Nono

I'll say this much. The knock that Ryan can't can only get game winning field goals and can't consistently get game winning touchdowns is starting to ring loudly lately. And it's not just his fault...it's like our receivers are anti-clutch if the game winner hits them in the hands...and Ryan only usually has one good throw a trip in the red zone.

Again if SJAX doesn't drop that sitter v NO

OR

If Toilolo doesn't drop that catch against the Pats

ARE we still having this conversation.

OR is because we are 1-3 we are injury riddled to F**K we are trying a new combo on the right side of the line that obviously are struggling what else is there to say.

OR

OR is because we are 1-3 we are injury riddled to F**K we are trying a new combo on the right side of the line that obviously are struggling what else is there to say.

I think this is an important question. I mean if you look back last year, some people were puzzled why we weren't easily beating teams that were bad. These are questions that have been unanswered for at least four years

OR

All valid points, but when one play determines the outcome of the game, the game wasn't played as well as it should be in the first place.

This team is not clicking. Whether it is on injuries, transition, personnel or coaching remains to be seen. That being said, ultimately this will fall on Smith and TD's heads. I am not one to jump on the fire Mike Smith bandwagon because he has earned a down year, but ultimately he needs to make adjustments, or hold his staff accountable for not making them. TD has likewise built up this team to unprecedented levels of success and has earned more than a knee jerk termination if the year goes south. There needs to be some fluidity to the way the Falcons approach the game. Two years ago, we saw the Falcons open up the passing game and it was exciting, however they still had the sit on the clock mentality in the second half. I wish I knew whether it was players or coaches who caused that because it is unfortunately still here.

I don't know what the causes of this are, and I suspect the vast majority of those on this board preaching their own omnipotence on the matter are equally clueless. What I will say is this, a win against the Jets Monday night, and a bye week to get healthy and adjusted to personnel changes are hopefully enough to right the ship. Otherwise it is going to be a long season.

OR

Why are we still blowing leads or not even showing up in the first place for the Jackson and Toilolo drops being an issue? If we go out and at least play 3 and half quarters are we even needing a Jackson or Toilolo game winner?

OR

Why are we still blowing leads or not even showing up in the first place for the Jackson and Toilolo drops being an issue? If we go out and at least play 3 and half quarters are we even needing a Jackson or Toilolo game winner?

Its an issue no doubt about it.

But again this is my own opinion I believe last year alot of it was down to Turner being hurt and on the decline.

2. the transition of this team handing Ryan the reins.

This year we are off to a rough start no doubt but I believe alot of questions will be answered in the next 4 weeks with regards to our team.

It would really help if we got alot of our guys back and getting Roddy back at 100% will help the offense out big time.

As above with regards to deep shots really its Roddy and Julio with Batman being injured it means Koetter can't be as aggressive with the deep ball.

Do you trust HD to get deep is the question we should be asking if others are worried about the deep ball.

Edited by kiwifalcon

OR

This is the other side of scraping through games by the skin of your azz and winning a bunch of games that maybe you shouldn't have. Other than a few shiny pieces ( we all know who they are)we drop in talent pretty fast. I just think we expect a little too much out of this team healthy or not.

This is the other side of scraping through games by the skin of your azz and winning a bunch of games that maybe you shouldn't have. Other than a few shiny pieces ( we all know who they are)we drop in talent pretty fast. I just think we expect a little too much out of this team healthy or not.

Mind you thats not really fair though I mean how many teams have a SJAX Julio Roddy and TG as there 4 go to guys on offense you take that sought of talent out of any line up I don't care what team your on the drop off will be significant.

I also saw a few doubters on here saying TG was past it after seeing him go against the Pats I wonder if we'll here from those doubters again.

Its an issue no doubt about it.

But again this is my own opinion I believe last year alot of it was down to Turner being hurt and on the decline.

2. the transition of this team handing Ryan the reins.

This year we are off to a rough start no doubt but I believe alot of questions will be answered in the next 4 weeks with regards to our team.

It would really help if we got alot of our guys back and getting Roddy back at 100% will help the offense out big time.

As above with regards to deep shots really its Roddy and Julio with Batman being injured it means Koetter can't be as aggressive with the deep ball.

Do you trust HD to get deep is the question we should be asking if others are worried about the deep ball.

What about 2010 and 2011 when we were blowing leads? Yes I trust HD he is a professional football player he is in the NFL for a reason. If he can't; get someone in there that can. If Koetter is really not comfortable throwing the deep ball he needs to go, cause basically he is handicapping this offense all be cause he's not "comfortable" with the options. It would be one thing if I felt the Falcons left everything and did everything they could on the field sadly in my opinion that is not the case

I think this is an important question. I mean if you look back last year, some people were puzzled why we weren't easily beating teams that were bad. These are questions that have been unanswered for at least four years

I was one of those people puzzled by the Falcons constantly under-achieving and playing down to the level of inferior opponents. This team seems to be as addicted to struggle as a junkie to his smack. If they're not in some desperate, come-from-behind battle with the clock running out every game, they're not getting enough cheap thrills to suit them.

I was one of those people puzzled by the Falcons constantly under-achieving and playing down to the level of inferior opponents. This team seems to be as addicted to struggle as a junkie to his smack. If they're not in some desperate, come-from-behind battle with the clock running out every game, they're not getting enough cheap thrills to suit them.

And it is odd cause I caught my self thinking of the Giants game and was like "what the heck"? I didn't personally get to watch that game; were some key giants out? Do the giants have a "B" team? This Game is an Enigma for me