How Many Of You Actually Want Smitty Fired?

I'm not a moron, but I'll play.

1) Because, by this time next month, the Falcons will be in the middle of the playoff hunt in great part because Smith will keep this team together and not let them give up.

2) Because much of what people are complaining is not Smith's fault.

3) For example, when you have 4 new parts on the Oline, really stupid to blame the HC for the injuries, retirements and cuts that caused that situation.

4) Much of the criticism of Smith will disappear when the Oline gets better.

5) Smith is hardly perfect and really needs to loosen the reins on the coordinators and let them be more aggressive, but doesn't need to fired yet. He's certainly earned this year, and probably next year too.

1) We will be lucky if we can muster enough sack to beat the pathetic Jets.

2) Everything is Smith's responsibility. Fault is irrelevant. Basic Leadership 101: you can delegate authority, but not responsibility.

3) See #2. The team engineered every change. The only surprise change was Johnson's injury, and that was foreseeable. I even called it specifically. So if the front office and coaches engineered changes without properly and adequately preparing for them, then who is responsible?

4) The offensive line isn't going to get better. This line in general, but Blalock especially, has deteriorated under Pat Hill's coaching.

5) He will not, can not, relinquish control or be more aggressive. It is not within his nature. His innate nature is to play not to lose.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if we don't go next qtr 4-0 DUMP him. Seriously, there's no effin point lingering on like this............get assist coach as an interim coach & put onus of offense on Matty Ice. After all, with $100 mill he can atleast manage to run offense the way he wants to so he doesn't have any excuses.

We are a better offense when ryan is running the show in the no huddle....

We need to do more of it

Topics like this are kind of funny to me. It don't matter who wants Smith fired or who don't unless that person happens to be Arthur Blank. Some of us (myself included) tend to believe that Mr. Blank is not going to find this season acceptable after what the team almost accomplished last season. I don't think he was real happy about how the team fell short in the NFCCG last season and I think he probably expected better instead of worse this season.

I don't want him fired but I do want him to get his head out of his @ss too. Find some way to get your players to respond. In also getting tired of that rotational **** on defense. Let a guy get hot sometimes. I've heard guys say running on and off the field tires them out more than playing. If a guy catches fire leave him in for a while. Teams are catching us in the rotational switch as well.

This
it was obvious the Falcons let the Pats dictate the game. That was obvious. Not to mention how soft we are just like the Pat players basically said

In the situation we were in, any halfway decent defense was going to dictate the match-ups for us. You can't force double coverage off Julio or Gonzalez without relying on trickery, and the few times we called those plays we simply failed to execute(see 8 drops).

I hear from reliable sources that there's an offensive minded HC, currently coaching at the University of Western Kentucky, whom, I believe could be available at a moment's notice.ph34r.pngph34r.png

lol, Razorbacks' fan here. There's no way that I could root for that guy. I'll break all types of man codes and say fvk this team.

We are not the Falcons of old, we are a winning franchise now. So the "remember what we used to be" no longer applies. Mike Smith was/is a very good coach, a calm (not to use the overused "conservative") mild mannered coach. He was the PERFECT vehicle to get our franchise from F to B. NOW that we are established we need the B to A vehicle...who that is I'm not sure , TD figure it out. Mike Smith is a director we need a conductor , someone who takes the Talib for a 7th rounder, someone who draws up a play or 10 after the defense shows something that we werent expecting as opposed to "sticking to the game plan", someone who can give an intelligent answer during a halftime interview, someone who has A type personality, someone who the assistant coaches has to remind him that we are up 5 touchdowns ...take it easy. So thank you Mike Smith for all you have given to Atlanta and the Falcons more than I could have imagined....the door is to your left.

I hear from reliable sources that there's an offensive minded HC, currently coaching at the University of Western Kentucky, whom, I believe could be available at a moment's notice.ph34r.pngph34r.png

You still doing the 3 am crowd on Sunday Mornings? Couldn't find the thread the first and second game.

The Pigtrino thing is why I really don't think Arthur even looks at College coaches, even Saban would be looked at with a skeptical eye.

Is Mike Smith a good coach? --- Yes

Does he work very hard to help the Falcons succeed? --- absolutely

Does he 'handcuff' the coordinators? --- maybe

Smitty is conservative but I believe that comes from the fact that he, consciously or subconsciously' approaches games trying not to lose rather than aggressively trying to win. It affects his over thinking about in-game decisions and looks evident by his sideline body language. Don't know if this can be addressed if recognized, but as good as his other traits are, if this can't be fixed I don't believe he will get us to a Lombardi Trophy.

I don't know about that. I think Smitty in 2008 up until 2011 had a pretty aggressive coaching mentality. But instead of building on that it seems as though he just receded into a box.

He wasn't. he was the same I remember starting to get agitated by the constant come back of other teams in 2010. This isn't a new thing Edited by Sleepy27

I would like to keep Smitty and get rid of TD. With the money we have now and draft picks we should have traded for a DE or OT. We needed a pass rush Brady had time to smoke a cigarette drink a beer then look down field and throw. I think Smitty is a great coach but does not have the talent he should..