How Many Of You Actually Want Smitty Fired?

BrandonDell_

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is everyone on the fire mike smith train now?

Who exactly is suppose to replace him?

I don't want him fired but I do want him to get his head out of his @ss too. Find some way to get your players to respond. In also getting tired of that rotational **** on defense. Let a guy get hot sometimes. I've heard guys say running on and off the field tires them out more than playing. If a guy catches fire leave him in for a while. Teams are catching us in the rotational switch as well.

I don't want him fired but I do want him to get his head out of his @ss too. Find some way to get your players to respond. In also getting tired of that rotational **** on defense. Let a guy get hot sometimes. I've heard guys say running on and off the field tires them out more than playing. If a guy catches fire leave him in for a while. Teams are catching us in the rotational switch as well.

Oh I hate that rotational bush it too. That is some watered down Goody era bush it.

I'm not ready to fire Smitty either but check back with me in February and that might be different.

Super Bowl or bust. If a coach is going to win a championship with a team, it will happen within the first 6 seasons. There have only been a small handful of exceptions in the history of the NFL or even the AFL. For all the talk of continuity breeding success, Cowher is the only coach since the mid 70s to win his first one after having been with his team for a very long time. And Cowher at least went to a Super Bowl pretty early on in his tenure with the Steelers. Smitty hasn't even been there yet.

Is everyone on the fire mike smith train now?

Who exactly is suppose to replace him?

I honestly think he is a good coach.

When you see teams not getting penalties it shows they are very disciplined.

When you see teams that rarely lose back to back, there is leadership to get them back on track.

When you see a team that constantly comes out and scores on the first drive, that's a team that's well prepared.

The problem is on the field. Smitty can't come out and say it because you play the hand you're dealt. At some point the fans have to step up and acknowledge which cylinder isn't firing.

This team had a clear path to the Super Bowl and somebody threw interceptions every step of the way.

That's a problem.

We keep cutting players and firing coaches and betting the farm on receivers but we end up with the same problem.

Something in the milk ain't clean.

Guest Cally307a

I do and have said so since year 3

He is far too stubborn and has been holding this team back

Last years success was on talent alone and belief,

Now we are seeing talent and disbelief

If you don't think the players understand that this coach cannot win your crazier than the fans that won't ever fire mike smith because hes the first coach to get average results for a below average football team.

These players with the playoff outcomes, the coach raking them over the coals for not executing what obviously cannot be executed because in order for a smith gameplan to pan out you have to play near perfect execution and even then you will only win on the last play with no time left for opposition to restrike and flaw the plan.

Rather than to just say the **** with it, maybe im not the smartest guy around, we should just score alot and as often as possible rather than play del rio ball

WHY IN THE **** DO WE HAVE A WASHED UP LOSING DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR TO COACH THIS SQUAD OF EPIC OFFENSIVE POTENTIAL

WHY CANT OUR DEFENSE IMPROVE WITH A 5 YEAR SUPPOSED DEFENSIVE GURU AT THE HELM?

WHEN YOU ARENT EVEN AVERAGE AT WHAT YOUR GOOD AT ITS NO WONDER WE SUCK

Edited by Cally307a

Want him long gone. Tired of his attitude and conservative play.

This is what I don't get with some of y'all. It's like you guys think Smitty at halftime goes into the locker room saying "hey guys, we've got the lead. Let's slow it down and just be conservative". Are you guys looking for Smitty to get all riled up on camera to prove that he's p*ssed off with the performance on the field? I can almost guarantee he's more p*ssed off about what's going on than we are. I also think some of y'all want a Buddy Ryan type incident between Smitty and one or both of the coordinators

None of us know what kind of things are being said at practice, or in coaching sessions or at halftime. I've always said "players play.... coaches coach"

Edited by No Gimmicks Needed

I want him to change his mindset and update to the game as it is today in 2013. If he can't do that and get our guys motivated and turn this ship around, then he can go. But as far as i'm concerned, although it's rough right now, his success has AT LEAST earned him the right to have both the chance and the time to get this ship back on track. Firing him solves nothing right now, this is apart of the next step this team is going to have to make to get to where we want to go/expect to be. Arthur learned from the best franchises that stability is key to success.

Edited by dthar2109

he's gotta go . the apologist will come up with a thousand different reasons why not to get rid of the cancer on our team . conservative , boring , lackluster , hard headed , overrated . did everyone see the way that stadium cleared out on national TV . are you telling me Mr blank didn't say that . we are supposed to be one of the up and coming teams . it's going to happen tell if it's going to happen .

Not saying fire him, yet! But it has been noticed that his mentality is not working. Even worse, it's rubbing off on the players. Not focusing, no fire. These are issues created by coaching, that can only be fixed by coaching. If his attitude is such that he acquiesce to defeat so easily, its best that he leave.

Yeah, I think he has ran his course in Atlanta. Now by some miracle we turn our season around and make the playoffs and super bowl he can save himself. Everybody acts like replacing Smith is the worst thing that can happen, and we will suck without him. A new head Coach has gotten many teams over the hump in the past and I believe the same can be true with us. Also, there are many coach out there that could replace Smith and do a good job. It isn't like we are replacing Belichick or something. But if we do happen to get rid of Smith, I hope Dimitroff is handcuffed to him.