I Just Wentvto Church For The First Time. . . . .

bankbanks80(1)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to make essentially the same point, but with out the sarcasm, which might not be the best approach when explaining to folks that there are more positive paths to God. (Oops, and there I go doing it myself.)

To the OP, I have actually attended a gay wedding at a predominately black church, as well as Shabbat (sabbath) services at a predominately gay synagogue. It is also my understanding that Presbetarian Churches tend to me more tolerant.

I am not sure of the point of your original post, but I hope you don't let the one bad experience cloud you opinion of, or dissuade your participation with, religion in general and Christianity in particular.

Thx. Great post. I can fo without the sarcasm and uppity attitudes. Was I heated and emotional? Yes. Could I have calmed down before venting? Certainly. Thx for your common sense. Greatly appreciated. You are right in everything you said here

No, they dont know me. Im a flamer so it isnt hard to pick out the faggotry. The racial issues have always been there. We are all familiar with the dark skin/light skin and the half black thing in the black community. Didnt think I would find it in any church. Thx for everyone's comments.

Im thinking clearer now. Need to learn how to do this mkre often when im heated lol

That bike is as straight up azz ugly as my running shoes:

1098083_10200792743797955_360014443_n.jpg

No way man, that bike completely rocks. It is ancient, totally Tankey, and completely illegal. The handlebars are from 1989, and the brakes from 1983, And, according to any reasonable fitting technique, about 10 sizes too small for me. But I have it completely dialed in, and I have actually one time trials on that bike. I have scored results that completely contradict my predicted normalized power numbers.

But that's not the point. Of course, there isn't very much green on the "green' cycling shorts. But this picture is from 2006. And for one very brief moment in my life, I had guns. And fortunately, somebody was there to take a picture from an angle that actually accentuated those guns. So if I can find any excuse to post this picture, I do.

( I need to get back in the gym!)

Oh, I think your shoes are rocking too.

How come people wear the whole bicycle guy get-up when they're just out riding?

I always wear my team kit Because the sponsors expect it.

Of course, I'm just running to the store Or Doing a short ride with my kids I'll just wear shorts and T-shirtL

I'm not sure what you mean by "just out riding". Most of the time, if I'm on my bike, I am training, And I rarely ride for less than a couple of hours. So the cycling stuff just works so much better in terms of saying word is supposed to, dealing with weather, maintaining comfort, and (Because I'm usually training with the group) Optimizing speed.

Oh, plus, we are children.

HM, seriously thinking about buying you one of these:

Gun%20Show-%20Mens.jpg

True story about the magnitude of my vanity: When my father died last year, many people would sympathetically touch my upper arm when offering their condolences. It was terribly embarrassing for me because my arms have become so skinny. I wanted to say, "look, I appreciate your condolences, but please, come back in a few months after I get in the the gym for a while!"

Its the "hey look at me I worked out look".

I have had the same running shoes for 2 years and have over 400miles on them... I refuse to buy a new pair. Inspired by "Born to Run"

At the very first hint of knee pain, take an ibuprofen, toss the shoes, and buy some new ones just like them.

I guess if it's to optimize speed it makes sense for someone whose training or timing themselves. I just see this same guy every morning on the way to work and he's wearing the whole costume and he looks like he's just doing it for the exercise, he doesn't look like he's training himself.

I always want to ask him if he also gets in full pads and helmet to have a catch with the football, assuming he has catches with footballs. Quit being a jackass and wear a regular shirt and basketball shorts like everyone else that rides a bike for exercise, is what I'd say to him if I was as big of an ******* in real life as I am on here.

I guess if it's to optimize speed it makes sense for someone whose training or timing themselves. I just see this same guy every morning on the way to work and he's wearing the whole costume and he looks like he's just doing it for the exercise, he doesn't look like he's training himself.

I always want to ask him if he also gets in full pads and helmet to have a catch with the football, assuming he has catches with footballs. Quit being a jackass and wear a regular shirt and basketball shorts like everyone else that rides a bike for exercise, is what I'd say to him if I was as big of an ******* in real life as I am on here.

Any idea how far he's riding? It's not really like putting on full pads to play catch. Like I said, I'm just writing with my kids, I don't do the full kit thing. But even if I was just running for exercise, but probably at least wear real cycling shorts. Yeah Mr. just doing a 3 mile run for exercise, you probably when I want to wear Converse All-Stars, cargo pants, and a dress shirt. It's sort of the same thing wearing basketball shorts and a T-shirt if you're riding much more than 20 Minutes or so.

Or the guy might just be an *******

Its the "hey look at me I worked out look".

I have had the same running shoes for 2 years and have over 400miles on them... I refuse to buy a new pair. Inspired by "Born to Run"

I do the hybrid thing. I wear ridiculously cushioned shoes (those are the Nike Pegasus 30+), and I mid-foot strike with my foot directly under my center of gravity. So I'm like a barefoot runner with pillows on his feet.

I am going to get some minimalist shoes for the road one day, though. I'm also going to get some shoes with a rock plate for the trails. I won't be put in a box. I won't wear huaraches.

I do the hybrid thing. I wear ridiculously cushioned shoes (those are the Nike Pegasus 30+), and I mid-foot strike with my foot directly under my center of gravity. So I'm like a barefoot runner with pillows on his feet.

I am going to get some minimalist shoes for the road one day, though. I'm also going to get some shoes with a rock plate for the trails. I won't be put in a box. I won't wear huaraches.

It was funny, about a year and a half ago I couldnt run longer than 10 minutes because my shins would start burning from heel striking... I read a few chapters of born to run... switched to midfoot and could run for 1 hour...

because of heel striking I was in so much pain that I had to walk 1.5 miles in utter pain because of the heel striking... it was extremely slow.

I ran 3.4 miles Sunday after not running for 2+ months.. bad idea...