Mike Smith Vs. Sean Peyton

I believe that these two coaches are as different as they come. One team is going for 4-0

while the other is 1-3.

I feel the biggest difference is RESPECT. Players simply do not want to disappoint Peyton and therefore play much harder. Those guys seem to be almost afraid to play bad for him and elevate their game. This is how he can use no name players and they perform. Take Lofton for instance.

he was a 2-down back for us yet never seems to leave the field for NO. I feel this is due to players

being pulled if they dont perform. Play and you get to stay mentality. He commands respect and they give it in return. They trust in him.

Mike Smith on the other hand does not generate the same respect from his team. His players know they have to be injured before they will come out of game. Nothing new is ever tried even with the same results game after game, especially this year. Bartu and Worrilow only cracked the lineup after injuries. It took almost all last season for Franks to be replaced. I do not believe this team has faith in him. He doesnt inspire them to perform or elevate their game.

If they win, the siants will have over half their win total from a year ago without Peyton while our

beloved Birds have already equalled their season losses from last year.

It is time to RISE UP or get out of the way.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the most ***** pathetic **** i 've every seen...true character shows in rough times...This man brought us up from the dumps and look at this lot turning on him ..UNREALohmy.png

I guess you are happy with a 1-3 team who has the same issue over and over. If this team actually learned form their games as he claims, it would be a different story. but we do not

this is the most ***** pathetic **** i 've every seen...true character shows in rough times...This man brought us up from the dumps and look at this lot turning on him ..UNREALohmy.png

You can call it turning on him if that's how you view it.

Realistically, this is a league based on performance and success.

We've been a successful REGULAR SEASON team under Smith but who wouldn't be with this roster?

The fact that we are now 1-3 with this roster makes it that much worse.

I guess you are happy with a 1-3 team who has the same issue over and over. If this team actually learned form their games as he claims, it would be a different story. but we do not

**** no I'm not happy with 1-3..but I do have the sense to know we lost 3 close games that we could have easily won..Don't crucify the guy that has brought us this far, atleast wait till end of year to see if things turn, if not..then let him go..

I guess people have quickly forgotten how bad we were before Smith and Iceman got here..

LMAO troll post of the year

As if you knew which players respect their coach more? How do you know that some players are playing harder than others?

So Payton gets no name players to perform and Mike Smith doesn't? Name his no name players and name Mike Smiths no name players.

What makes you think his "no name players" are playing more for Rob Ryan? Maybe he is the one "commanding respect".

terrible troll is terrible

You can call it turning on him if that's how you view it.

Realistically, this is a league based on performance and success.

We've been a successful REGULAR SEASON team under Smith but who wouldn't be with this roster?

The fact that we are now 1-3 with this roster makes it that much worse.

1-3 sucks, I agree...but those games could have gone in our favor easily..

Us NOT winning those games had A LOT to do with players than it did with coaching..Let me recap..

Game 1: Steven Jackson drops TD, that's just one play

Game 2: Harry D fumbles the punt

Game 3: Tolilio or whatever the fuk his name is drops TD

Games 1-4- The sorry *** offensive line play

and by 1-3 Im referring to the 3 losses

People are knocking Matt Ryan but honestly, he has played REALLY WELL given the fact his line has almost gotten him killed numerous times plus Tony G not being in form first 2 games and Roddy White his favorite target being hobbled..

Edited by Dizzle

**** no I'm not happy with 1-3..but I do have the sense to know we lost 3 close games that we could have easily won..Don't crucify the guy that has brought us this far, atleast wait till end of year to see if things turn, if not..then let him go..

I guess people have quickly forgotten how bad we were before Smith and Iceman got here..

C'mon Man..... Noone has forgotten where we came from. But our expectations have exceeded our results nevertheless !

The BAR has been RAISED !! Please folks try and keep up !!!

VERY TRUE! These threads on here tonight are ridiculous. BUT...you can't deny Payton > Smitty

LMAO troll post of the year

As if you knew which players respect their coach more? How do you know that some players are playing harder than others?

So Payton gets no name players to perform and Mike Smith doesn't? Name his no name players and name Mike Smiths no name players.

What makes you think his "no name players" are playing more for Rob Ryan? Maybe he is the one "commanding respect".

terrible troll is terrible

Of the last 4 games we have lost, 3 times ball was in offenses hands and once in the defenses.

Do the NO saints lose all those games, does any team????

Oh wait, NO was one of those losses and with the worst defense in NFL history.

Guest Cally307a

Sean payton doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as smith.

The only similarity is the falcons are the Saints minus smith. The saints of last year................look what they do this year now that they have a coach. Meanwhile we are the saints of last year, Misguided, no drive, no heart, no plan, no clue, and looking for some direction. The players are coaching themselves, and its mayhem, meanwhile the defensive guru hasn't improved the team in 5 years in his area of expertise, DEFENSE, the only defense he has is his own defense, aka EXECUTION and PROCESS, so he can defend another year in his short lived coaching career equivalent to LANE KIFFIN taking over the Denver broncos................your going to have back to back winning seasons alone on talent..........but forget it once you go against a real squad and coach aka NE last night thumping us with the ******** reserves of USC.

Smith is a defensive minded guru that turned 3 stud DE into cap casualtys, couldn't get a team playing defense if the entire salary cap was spent on defense and thats all i need to see to know hes a joke. he isn't good at what hes good at, how can you not think hes hurtin us at what hes bad at?????????

If you think he cant use his actual skills to improve us, how can you expect that he is improving us in his flawed areas?????????? If you do, then you are clueless

would you ask your history teacher for help in calculus???????????? Especially if the calculus teacher sucked and had no clue, or got worse at calculus year over year?

this is ridiculus

its that simple to see

and yet we fog up our decision making with we have always sucked and now we are finally average.......id rather suck for 100 years and then be the best 2 times, then suck for 50 years and suck 15th worst for 50 years

Get a clue

Difference...Peyton attacks and Smith waits to see what the defense is going to do.

He's done, time to leave.

All of us who will be at the game Monday should bring signs saying fire smith bring in Gruden.

Smith should be let go during the bye week.

I will show how much Payton inspires. Not only do his players play better, he makes the coaches around him better. Just look at Rob Ryan

The saints had the worst defense in NFL history last year and this year have allowed 48 points so far with the same cast of players. That is 3rd least points against in the league and only because the panthers havent played 4 games.

Thats the difference. even ryan doesnst want to disappoint his HC.