Third Quarter Not Addressed

nobkowski

Not scoring tds in the red zone is a hellofa problem. However, another big problem is the offense not scoring at all in the 3rd qt.

Then, when the opposition does score in the 3rd they either come back to win or

widens the score until we can't come back to win ourselves.

Not scoring in the third qt is just as large a problem as the red zone blues and needs

to be addressed.

I agree it's actually a bigger problem than the red zone. Almost every game except the Giants last year followed the same pattern. Especially at home. I don't see how that can't be front and center in terms of priorities.

I know that the home crowd is much less into it right after halftime. They're usually stuffing their face, with food in their laps. Hard to cheer in that situation. So when we win the toss and receive, the 3rd quarter gives the opposing offense a "free" series with minimal crowd noise. This makes it easier to audible and establish tempo.

But it certainly isn't ONLY the crowd. The offense goes into a coma. And the defense starts to look very pedestrian.

If I had to guess I would say it's a combination of halftime adjustments (or lack off), combined with over confidence and under-conditioning

I agree it's actually a bigger problem than the red zone. Almost every game except the Giants last year followed the same pattern. Especially at home. I don't see how that can't be front and center in terms of priorities.

I know that the home crowd is much less into it right after halftime. They're usually stuffing their face, with food in their laps. Hard to cheer in that situation. So when we win the toss and receive, the 3rd quarter gives the opposing offense a "free" series with minimal crowd noise. This makes it easier to audible and establish tempo.

But it certainly isn't ONLY the crowd. The offense goes into a coma. And the defense starts to look very pedestrian.

If I had to guess I would say it's a combination of halftime adjustments (or lack off), combined with over confidence and under-conditioning

Finally, a couple of folks that agree and have something to at least try.