Two Issues This Season I Don't Understand

I truly believe part of our red zone problems come down to the fact that we are almost always in shotgun in the red zone. Teams know we almost never run the draw out of the shotgun, so we are basically tell them we are going to pass it so they get the right coverage in. If we run on first down or even at the very least stay under center we can use play action to at least make defenses respect it. We are way too one dimensional in the red zone.

The other thing, and this is really small but something I noticed. We are going to have a punt block on ST if we don't fix our blocking. Twice in the past two weeks the other team sold out with 10 blockers going for the block yet out gunners stayed out wide making it 10 vs 8. Both times were within inches of being blocked. I don't understand why the gunner doesn't come in to help block. It could lead to a big ST play for the other team, and i'm lost as to why the coaches haven't fixed it yet.

Thoughts?

Julio can't get open. He drops easy balls. He only looks good in oneonone coverage cause Roddy or Tony draw attention. Julio also pouts on the sideline when the ball isnt thrown his way.

Need to trade this cancer and get a real receiver. Drop this POS.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this message board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this message board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

Burning bags of poo and the human response

Julio can't get open. He drops easy balls. He only looks good in oneonone coverage cause Roddy or Tony draw attention. Julio also pouts on the sideline when the ball isnt thrown his way.

Need to trade this cancer and get a real receiver. Drop this POS.

Are you an Auburn fan?

I agree , we needed more a few more runs - cant answer that other than the defense is loading the box and jamming our recievers. Our line doesnt hold up long enough for things to develop - maybe once Roddy is healthy we start winning some of these battles - good to see life out of Gonzalez - now we gotta get Roddy going.

Thank you Billy

Did we ever line up and try to run the ball in the red zone? We averaged 3.2 yards per carry for Snelling and 4.6 for Rodgers. Yet in the red zone we pass,pass,pass mostly with empty backfield. Would it hurt to mix it up and run it once from inside the 10? Play action? Geez

Exactly. I agree, I don't understand it at all. Especially considering Wilfork left the game so the middle should have been open. Yet we never tried. A missed opportunity again by this coaching staff.

We are so predictable in the red zone it's sickening. If I know what we're going to run offensively and that we're just going to pass pass pass to little/no avail, I think the guys across the field that get paid millions will **** sure figure it out. Banging our heads against the wall and doubling down on what hasn't worked is not going to help our offense!

Teams are going to copy the Patriots' strategy of jamming Tony G in the red zone at the line of scrimmage with 2 LBs. Kutty is going to have to start running the ball more inside the 5 yard line to offset that. Have Tony block those LBs since they're jamming him anyway. lmao @ folks on here buying into Belichick saying halftime adjustments are overrated.

lmao @ folks on here buying into Belichick saying halftime adjustments are overrated.

They are, even Sean Payton said it tonight in his own way, something like "Look, we got 7 minutes in there. Enough time for guys to get something to drink and go to the bathroom. We have a short meeting with the coaches and discuss a few things we saw in the first half. Then it's time to get back out there to warm up." Adjustment is constant and fluid, it's not magical during halftime only. The Pats didn't start doing that to Tony until late in the 4th quarter after his 2nd TD.

Did we ever line up and try to run the ball in the red zone? We averaged 3.2 yards per carry for Snelling and 4.6 for Rodgers. Yet in the red zone we pass,pass,pass mostly with empty backfield. Would it hurt to mix it up and run it once from inside the 10? Play action? Geez

Jokes aside, I am certain that Koetter would love to run the ball more. Clearly, there is little faith in our ability to run the ball in compressed situations. Defenses stop our rush attack, when they don't have to cover J Jones deep. It is as simple as that.