Can Our Ol Get Better?

etherdome

Yeah, I know......it can't get any worse.

I am not happy with the present OL, but I have to ask: is it just a matter of time?

As I look along the OL, I see two guys that will never be better than they have already shown: Baker and Blalock. Let's face it, they are who they are.

Baker is a limited LT that battles injuries constantly. When healthy, he is pretty good.....when healthy. It may be possible for him to switch to RT, but TD will resist that move after the contract Baker has signed.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A healthy Baker is our best hope at LT.

Holmes isn't looking good.

Blalock has regressed.

Konz is irratic, shows ablity then misses blocks terribly.

Reynolds Is just not good.

Trueblood is a good as I expected (Not a compliment)

I have been down on these guys for a while, always said in the off season we were screwed because of these guys while everyone kepth thinking our young guys were going to step up now that they have thier chance....

Well they haven't and this season is over because of it.

At this point I'll settle for competence.

If we don't turn it around this year I think we need to either...

1) sign 2 starting caliber olineman and go oline in the 1st

2) sign 1 starting caliber olineman and double dip on the oline 1 and 2

It's what's holding our offense back and if we fix it we are instantly light years better...

A healthy Baker is our best hope at LT.

Holmes isn't looking good.

Blalock has regressed.

Konz is irratic, shows ablity then misses blocks terribly.

Reynolds Is just not good.

Trueblood is a good as I expected (Not a compliment)

I have been down on these guys for a while, always said in the off season we were screwed because of these guys while everyone kepth thinking our young guys were going to step up now that they have thier chance....

Well they haven't and this season is over because of it.

Keep in mind, my only agenda is an accurate assessment of the play of the offensive linemen. I am NOT a fan of any of them since the Vaccaro Do-Nothing.

Holmes is playing a lot better than you seem to credit him for.

Konz was horrible last night (especially just trotting lazily after the play after whiffing completely on his man), but had been our best lineman before last night (not a hard goal to meet).

Reynolds is sub-par and needs to be replaced. Yet, he is not nearly as bad as Blalock.

Trueblood is decent in the run game, but can not operate in space. I have seen him completely whiff on 3 screen plays.

Keep in mind, my only agenda is an accurate assessment of the play of the offensive linemen. I am NOT a fan of any of them since the Vaccaro Do-Nothing.

Konz was horrible last night (especially just trotting lazily after the play after whiffing completely on his man), but had been our best lineman before last night (not a hard goal to meet).

Reynolds is sub-par and needs to be replaced. Yet, he is not nearly as bad as Blalock.

Trueblood is decent in the run game, but can not operate in space. I have seen him completely whiff on 3 screen plays.

I would agree with Konz but he still needs to put in a full game IMO he seems to have a few mental errors per game, True I agree completely, Reynolds agree.

Holmes I know we differ on I don't rate him high at all.

Holmes' #1 issue is conditioning... after about 2 drives he is done...

Konz is going to be a very good center, but you can't let a UDFA put that kind of move on you if you want to be considered a very good center.

Reynolds I think is a little better than you give him credit for, but can easily be replaced.

Trueblood at the very least has a bit of a mean streak to him, but he is pretty inconsistent. I at least feel like MR trusts him a little bit back from the BC days.

Blalock is just a body at this point...

Baker has been a mess this year... he took it upon himself to single handedly destroy our second offensive possesion... why the heck he is holding on the backside of a running play like that???

The way I see it, we're looking at needing 3 starting quality guys in the offseason. Blalock, Reynolds, and a RT... let Baker and Holmes duke it out for the LT position...

Last year we went 13 and 3 and people complain about our Oline. The year before last people complained about the Oline. Every year people complain about the Oline.

How long do we expect a linemen to hold a block? Sometimes the Dline wins a one on one folks. If our Oline was as bad as everyone says how could we go 13-3? Or have a winning record the past 5 yrs?

Guest facelessman07

Last year we went 13 and 3 and people complain about our Oline. The year before last people complained about the Oline. Every year people complain about the Oline.

How long do we expect a linemen to hold a block? Sometimes the Dline wins a one on one folks. If our Oline was as bad as everyone says how could we go 13-3? Or have a winning record the past 5 yrs?

You can have a terrible O-line and still win. Aaron Rodgers anyone? But Ryan isn't Rodgers, he NEEDS an O-Line

Guest facelessman07

How bad is Miam's line? They are still undefeated.

Listen here Mr. Dimitroff, you need to invest some cash and draft picks in the trenches

For as bad as our OL has allegedly been...Drew Brees has been sacked more than Ryan this year after 3 games. Just saying...

Matt Ryan also gets rid of the ball incredibly quickly... he's also more apt to throw the ball away than Brees, who don't mind holding onto it to try and get a big play...

Matt Ryan also gets rid of the ball incredibly quickly... he's also more apt to throw the ball away than Brees, who don't mind holding onto it to try and get a big play...

They seem to take more shots downfield but Brees is also more elusive in the pocket. My point is that plenty of teams have to deal with subpar protection. Our Oline is not as bad as say the Bears Oline the last couple of years.