The Falcons Have Made The Playoffs After Going 1-3.

The Martyr

In the 2002-2003 season the Falcons made the playoffs after starting the season going 1-3.

The start of this season is much like the 2002-03 season because we lost some very close games, to some good teams.

We made the playoffs with a 9-6-1 record.

Even though this was with Vick at the helm, I truly believe we have a much better team now than back then.

This 1-3 start is not the end of the world.

We lost all of our games on one final drive. Whether it was red zone issues or poor defensive play, we were in a position to win every game this year.

I refuse to give up. The adversity will show us what type of team we really have, as well as what type of fans we have.

We got this guys. We can bump this back up later in the season to prove if I was right or not.

Edited by Deep2Roddy

This team is in a tail spin. They don't know what to do when faced with adversity. For YEARS, we have lucked out in these close games and it's finally coming back around. You can't expect to let teams back into games constantly and keep winning. I haven't given up hope since 1-3 isn't the end of the world, but this team needs a serious kick in the *** if they want any shot of playing in January.

So you guys think the 02-03 Falcons are better than the current Falcons?

How bout Talent wise?

Who was Vick's star receiver that year? Brian Finneran?

And who behind him? Trevor Gaylor? Shawn Jefferson?

We could argue the O-lines were both pretty bad. Vick was running for his life.

Just sayin, we have some talent on this team. And if we can get healthy and hit our stride, we can still get a ticket to the dance.

The one thing we can hang our hats on is the fact that we have played about a quarter and a half of football in each game, yet have still managed to be in them. If there is any way we can figure out (sooner than later of course) how to put together a complete 4 quarter football game, there will be hope yet. Realistically, you're looking at needing to get to 9/10 wins to even have a shot at the playoffs. That means from this point forward we have to win the games we are supposed to win, and a couple of games that we are not supposed to win. 8-4 or 9-3 the rest of the way is the only way it's getting done.. It's not a competely lost hope... yet :)

So you guys think the 02-03 Falcons are better than the current Falcons?

How bout Talent wise?

Who was Vick's star receiver that year? Brian Finneran?

And who behind him? Trevor Gaylor? Shawn Jefferson?

We could argue the O-lines were both pretty bad. Vick was running for his life.

Just sayin, we have some talent on this team. And if we can get healthy and hit our stride, we can still get a ticket to the dance.

This team has more talent but team team was a better team. Wade's 3-4 defense was nasty and the DVD thing caught a lot of teams by surprise. They dam near made it to the NFCCG.

The only reason we made the playoffs with 9 wins is that the NFC was really weak. In fact, if we hadn't tied Pittsburgh - we would have not made it - because there were several other 9 win teams in the race.

I just don't think 9 wins will get it today with the NFC as it is. When you consider the fact that Seattle and San Fran are in the same division - 1 will win the Division - the other likely a Wild Card spot. Then there is the North. You've got Green Bay and Chicago both likely to win more than 9 games. That's another Division and playoff spot.

I mean - it could happen - but I don't think we stand a chance with less than 10 wins.

Can we win 10? Yes. Will we? I don't know - but I'll keep hoping unless we accumulate enough losses to eliminate us from the race.

Guest Negatorris

We won't make the playoffs unless our players suddenly gain life. But right now, our whole team is playing like they don't give a f*ck. They're way too relaxed for a 1-3 team.

The only reason we made the playoffs with 9 wins is that the NFC was really weak. In fact, if we hadn't tied Pittsburgh - we would have not made it - because there were several other 9 win teams in the race.

I just don't think 9 wins will get it today with the NFC as it is. When you consider the fact that Seattle and San Fran are in the same division - 1 will win the Division - the other likely a Wild Card spot. Then there is the North. You've got Green Bay and Chicago both likely to win more than 9 games. That's another Division and playoff spot.

I mean - it could happen - but I don't think we stand a chance with less than 10 wins.

Can we win 10? Yes. Will we? I don't know - but I'll keep hoping unless we accumulate enough losses to eliminate us from the race.

Well said and agree. I still think we can win 11... Will we? Don't know but feel we have a good team and chance to turn it around. It's all about the young guys stepping up and getting healthy.

we're doomed. im looking forward to next season, getting rid of all this prehistoric weight (s jackson, gonzalez), new LBers, new RBs, new O-Line, new D-Line, new Long Snapper.... 2014 is going to be the Year

Must suck to be so pessimistic... You may be right but it can't be fun or enjoyable to watch games with this thinking. I sure as **** hope the players don't think like you.

Mora is a better coach than Mike Smith, look at what he accomplished with that kind of talent back then vs what Mike Smith has these days (we should win a superbowl every year since Julio has been drafted)

Mora can close out games. Mora knew how to use his playmakers.

we're doomed. im looking forward to next season, getting rid of all this prehistoric weight (s jackson, gonzalez), new LBers, new RBs, new O-Line, new D-Line, new Long Snapper.... 2014 is going to be the Year

You forgot the best part... NEW HEAD COACH!

when was the last game you watched that was fun or enjoyable

I've enjoyed them all. I certainly didn't like the outcome of 3 of them though. What was rough was watching us get the $hit kicked out of us just about evey week back in the day.

Monday is a must win and I'll be at the game watching us get back on track. Have a little faith... If we keep losing close ones you'll have plenty of time to say the season is over.