Is Our Team Burned Out?

kelvin31063

Maybe our team is just burned out. Burned out from being in a position to be a great team to only come up short when it matters most. The coaching is no longer as clutch as it was and no one is no longer as hungry as they were. Gonzo did go off last night and he earned the 7mill at least for that game. Or maybe we should have just let Roddy nurse his injury and actually become a factor instead of using him as a mediocre distraction. I am rehabbing a broken foot and it was painful to walk to the stadium and even more painful to watch firsthand the Falcons fail yet again. Even with the same offensive line as the Patriots I'm not too sold on Matty being able to make those same throws Brady was making. We got schooled by a bunch C list receivers because Brady has an A list offensive line while we have an A list receiving corps with a C list offensive line. I'm tired and exhausted from the criticism being true...but hey I'm a fan and forever remain one. Which gives me the right to be disappointed. Can't wait til we're rolling again!!!

Edited by kelvin31063

I honestly think they won to much to soon at the beginning of the tenure. Most of the pieces were in place in terms of defense, just needed and got a qb and rb to fit the style of play coach Smith wanted to bring.

Now I love winning just as much as the next person but I'm also a firm believer in crawling before you walk. I've also never really thought the Falcons had the type of defense to go 13-3 and get home field advantage in the playoffs either so take my opinion with a grain of salt

I've been saying only one thing could stop this offense and that's the piss poor O-Line and TD accomplished just that. Now couple that with a average defense a tough schedule and injuries and you have the perfect recipe for 1-3.

Edited by Xfactor

All correct. Gonzo beasted last night but I rather have not gotten him out of retirement and kept the 7mill. Also we could have not signed Steven Jackson and kept that 4mill giving us plenty to fix the offensive line along with the cap we have available currently. I really don't want to have to start talking about next year so soon but something needs to change. I'm actually for a trade right now before the deadline hits.

Im perplexed by the difference in how White's injury has been treated versus Samuel's and Jackson's. White has been playing every week with no time to heal no matter what. And the other two are being rested and given ample time to heal and wont play till they are 100% healthy. Such different philosophies in the same team is just odd to me.