Realistically, What Was Your Worst Case Record After Four Games?

Like most people when the schedule comes out I look at it and try and decide which games SHOULD be wins and which will most likely be losses and which could go either way. So I'm curious what peoples worst case scenarios were after these four games. My best case was 4-0 of course and my worst case was 2-2. I thought we had a shot at New Orleans but realistically I knew it would be tough to win in their place, it always is. I normally predict a home home split with them. I thought we should beat the Rams and we did. I thought we should beat the Dolphins and we didn't. Like the New Orleans game, I thought we had a shot at the Pats because it was a home game but with Tom Brady, you know it's a tough order to beat them. I hate to lose any game but there are some losses I can stomach easier than others. Looking back at the last four, the only loss I can't really tolerate is the Dolphins. I knew in my heart that the New Orleans and Pats games could go either way.

BTW, this thread is aimed at intelligent and objective posters so if you just want to be a negative nancy and make moronic comments about firing Smitty, then please go elsewhere to do so. I don't think the season is over yet. I'm going to see what happens the next two games before I decide that.

I figured 2-2, but I did not figure that we would be 1-3

and fighting like heII.

Every one of you mofo's need to listen up.

There is a massive differance between a team that is 1-3 and just cant get it right,

and a team that is 1-3 anf fighting untill the game is over.

We may be coming up short but fighting hard at the start of the season will pay off

large down the road.

Remember kids that the real season in the NFL begins in November.

That is when the contenders take over.

I figured 2-2, but I did not figure that we would be 1-3

and fighting like heII.

Every one of you mofo's need to listen up.

There is a massive differance between a team that is 1-3 and just cant get it right,

and a team that is 1-3 anf fighting untill the game is over.

We may be coming up short but fighting hard at the start of the season will pay off

large down the road.

Remember kids that the real season in the NFL begins in November.

That is when the contenders take over.

Panthers fought hard and lost a lot of close games last year and went 7-9. Having a fighting spirit doesn't always translate to success. Not trying to be down on this team, just saying.

I don't like losing to what I consider lesser teams. Much as I hate New Orleans, I consider them a very good team. Same with the Pats, I consider them to be very good. The Dolphins are a lesser team to me and that's the loss that sticks with me. The reason I said that I will wait till the next two games before I consider it a lost season or not is because I consider the Jets and the Bucs to be lesser teams. These are teams that we SHOULD beat, especially at home. Best case scenario now, I'm hoping for us to be 3-3 after the next three weeks and hopefully have Roddy back to full strength and SJax back. I hate to use injuries as an excuse but I think a lot of the red zone problems stem from those two not being healthy.

Post of the day right here. Sums up my sentiments perfectly.

Preciate that.

I was talking to Mash earlier today and discussing the possible addition of another

O Lineman.

He said that adding too many ingrediants to the soup could ruin it and it might be best

to let it simmer for a while.

I have to agree and we all need to sit back and let this team sort it out among themself's.

I thought probably 2-2, MAYBE 3-1 if the offense clicked. I knew the defense was going to be the same ole soft Smittyball defense because our net gains and losses were equal. I thought Jackson was a HUGE upgrade over Turner and i figured Ryan and Julio would make strides. I penciled in the Pats as a loss and Saints as a maybe.

Panthers fought hard and lost a lot of close games last year and went 7-9. Having a fighting spirit doesn't always translate to success. Not trying to be down on this team, just saying.

exactly! my perspective is even Donkey thinks he's the hardest working animal on planet earth....end of the day he's effin donkey w/o brains! We need to run this offense like a horse & execute it like an elephant! We keep making same fukin bonehead mistakes game after game. We dropped game tying balls vs Saints & Patriots. There's NO fukin excuse for dropping easy catches. There's NO excuses for coming out flat in 2nd half especially the 3rd qtr. When will the culture of blowing up big leads change? When will we start closing down on our opponents & bury them?! These are issues beyond personnel................in order to lift Lombardi you need to have that skin or character to able to get a shot.