Smith Press Conference

Dawggone

Didn't watch the whole thing but from what I picked up in Twitter Smith says the reason for 54 passes and 15 runs was because the Patriots dictated that to us. I understand this concept. However, shouldn't we at some point be good enough to impose our will sometimes???

And that the red zone problems were poor throws, drops, and poor route running. Although I do agree with some of that obviously, when does he call out Nolan and Koetter and himself? He has no problems doing it to the players.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if we had practiced more, or tried harder, or paid more attention to detail during the preseason when we went 0-4, maybe some of these things could have been prevented. But since the preseason doesn't count, as many of you have explained to me, these things went unnoticed, we went 0-4 and everyone was happy about it.

Now that these things that weren't corrected when it didn't matter are showing up when it does matter, we are making an issue of it. Even Smith himself.

****, maybe preseason mattered just a little more than some of you want to believe?

Edited by BirdWeisErrr_2

Didn't watch the whole thing but from what I picked up in Twitter Smith says the reason for 54 passes and 15 runs was because the Patriots dictated that to us. I understand this concept. However, shouldn't we at some point be good enough to impose our will sometimes???

And that the red zone problems were poor throws, drops, and poor route running. Although I do agree with some of that obviously, when does he call out Nolan and Koetter and himself? He has no problems doing it to the players.

I ******* hate the whole take what they give us mentality. ******* hate it.

And I have been getting thrashed on here for saying the exact thing... Smith blaming the players for poor execution not a fing word about poor coaching. This is not going to go too far with the players, any idiot can figure that out. How about poor play calling huh ?? 3rd and 19 and we send a terrifying 3 man rush ??? rolling Ryan to the left on a 4th and 2 so he cant plant his feet and then sails one into the stands ???? If that play came off the bench Koetter should be fired now! So why no heat on this coaching staff ??? The players know when they are fkg up but Smith making it sound like everything is on them. That's the sign of a poor leader.

Maybe if we had practiced more, or tried harder, or paid more attention to detail during the preseason when we went 0-4, maybe some of these things could have been prevented. But since the preseason doesn't count, as many of you have explained to me, these things went unnoticed, we went 0-4 and everyone was happy about it.

Now that these things that weren't corrected when it didn't matter are showing up when it does matter, we are making an issue of it. Even Smith himself.

****, maybe preseason mattered just a little more than some of you want to believe?

Amen! Preach it!

And I have been getting thrashed on here for saying the exact thing... Smith blaming the players for poor execution not a fing word about poor coaching. This is not going to go too far with the players, any idiot can figure that out. How about poor play calling huh ?? 3rd and 19 and we send a terrifying 3 man rush ??? rolling Ryan to the left on a 4th and 2 so he cant plant his feet and then sails one into the stands ???? If that play came off the bench Koetter should be fired now! So why no heat on this coaching staff ??? The players know when they are fkg up but Smith making it sound like everything is on them. That's the sign of a poor leader.

I agree. I am not an extreme fire the coach guy. Especially since we may not get anyone better. But Smith needs to take some leadership classes and maybe read "Who Moved the Cheese" if he wants to keep his job long-term.

I'm for imposing will, but if someone puts 9 in the box you should run. If they cover a WR w a DE, you should look to that WR. That's exploiting matchups and is very much taking what the d gives you. Now, if you dont test those boundaries and press for more...yeah that's gutless

the Pats didn't have 9 men in the box or cover a WR with a DE. So that isn't relevant to what Smitty said

This is why Smith fails. He reacts to what the other team does, rather than forcing them to react to us. We should impose our will on them.

Smith is the problem folks. He really is.

His entire approach to football revolves around a deeply held belief that the team that makes the fewest mistakes will never lose. This mindset compels him to forego ever taking risks until it is absolutely necessary, and losses are never attributed to a lack of aggressive and creative playcalling and always attributed to a lack of execution, i.e. mistakes. That is why all of our games come down to the last possession.