Patriots Knew They Were More Physical Coming In

slick0ne

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/mankins-we-wanted-run-every-single-play?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

The Patriots rushed 26 times with three different running backs in Sunday night's win over the Atlanta Falcons.

LeGarrette Blount, Stevan Ridley, and Brandon Bolden combined for 134 yards on the ground. Blount led the pack with 64 yards and a touchdown on nine carries. Ridley rushed for 53 yards on 11 carries. And Bolden ran for 17 yards on six carries.

On the Patriots' first scoring drive, they ran the ball 10 straight times. It resulted in a 1-yard Matt Mulligan touchdown reception.

"Yeah, that was a fun drive for us," said Patriots offensive lineman Logan Mankins in a conference call on Monday. "We really didn’t do any pass blocking, so that was great. We were on the sideline, and I was like ‘I don’t even know if I can pass block tonight,’ because we didn’t really have to do it yet. It’s always great when you just pound the rock, impose your will, and that is going to break the spirit of the defense if you can keep running it and they can’t stop you."

Mankins continued to praise the team's run game, and implied that they are a better team when they run like they did on Sunday night.

"Last night it was going good," said Mankins. "We knew going into that game that we were more physical and we should run the ball. Josh [McDaniels] did a good job of calling the runs and we were excited about it. We wanted to run the ball every single play of the game. The backs ran good. It was good to see some big chunks in the running game last night with LeGarrette [blount] getting a long one and getting a touchdown out of it. So, that was great and I think the better we run the ball, the better we are going to play."

Yeah I am really happy with the fact that Babs is getting 5 million plus a year for 5 tackles this season. Our DT's are probably the worse group in the NFL. Corey Peters is nothing better than an average DT who really doesn't do anything special. Peria Jerry, HA. Another example of how the Falcons stuck with what they had, and get the same old results

These small DT's are getting us killed man.....Love Babs but he is not a space eater. If one person misses a run fit (mike smith reference) then it's at least a 6-10 yd gain.

this is why I have been screaming for a fat boy for the last few years while everyone else wants a DE. Peeps just don't realize how effective a space eater can be

http://www.csnne.com...nbcs&ocid=yahoo

The Patriots rushed 26 times with three different running backs in Sunday night's win over the Atlanta Falcons.

LeGarrette Blount, Stevan Ridley, and Brandon Bolden combined for 134 yards on the ground. Blount led the pack with 64 yards and a touchdown on nine carries. Ridley rushed for 53 yards on 11 carries. And Bolden ran for 17 yards on six carries.

On the Patriots' first scoring drive, they ran the ball 10 straight times. It resulted in a 1-yard Matt Mulligan touchdown reception.

"Yeah, that was a fun drive for us," said Patriots offensive lineman Logan Mankins in a conference call on Monday. "We really didn’t do any pass blocking, so that was great. We were on the sideline, and I was like ‘I don’t even know if I can pass block tonight,’ because we didn’t really have to do it yet. It’s always great when you just pound the rock, impose your will, and that is going to break the spirit of the defense if you can keep running it and they can’t stop you."

Mankins continued to praise the team's run game, and implied that they are a better team when they run like they did on Sunday night.

"Last night it was going good," said Mankins. "We knew going into that game that we were more physical and we should run the ball. Josh [McDaniels] did a good job of calling the runs and we were excited about it. We wanted to run the ball every single play of the game. The backs ran good. It was good to see some big chunks in the running game last night with LeGarrette [blount] getting a long one and getting a touchdown out of it. So, that was great and I think the better we run the ball, the better we are going to play."

Ouch...

Yeah I am really happy with the fact that Babs is getting 5 million plus a year for 5 tackles this season. Our DT's are probably the worse group in the NFL. Corey Peters is nothing better than an average DT who really doesn't do anything special. Peria Jerry, HA. Another example of how the Falcons stuck with what they had, and get the same old results

I disagree with that...I think Babs and Peters are both EXTRA solid. Just not next to each other. If there was a big body next to them...and they rotated in, they'd be excellent.

Seymour couldn't possibly help us. He couldn't stuff the run. He couldn't bring pressure up the middle. SMH!!

Seymour would be our best defensive player if we signed him. Our DT's are avg at best and highly overrated by some on this board.

Honestly I don't think much could help us now.... just get us a worse draft pick.

Seymour couldn't possibly help us. He couldn't stuff the run. He couldn't bring pressure up the middle. SMH!!

Seymour would be our best defensive player if we signed him. Our DT's are avg at best and highly overrated by some on this board.

Babineaux and Peters would both be alright if they were playing next to an elite guy, but if those two are your primary source of interior pass rush, it's going to be a long season for the secondary.

I disagree with that...I think Babs and Peters are both EXTRA solid. Just not next to each other. If there was a big body next to them...and they rotated in, they'd be excellent.

I was cool with the Trufant pick, but would have been estatic had we traded up for Starlite Lotulelei

Remember g-dawg starting a thread in the off season about cutting babs as he weren't value for money and now people are seeing that he just isn't that great. He won't be resigned.

As for being out muscled, what's new that's why we fail in the playoffs cause we don't have that power or nasty streak to bully teams. We're too nice, too concerned to not beat ourselves.

This team is WEAK. We can get out to big leads due to our elite weapons on offense but we CANT get that tough 2 yards or that crucial 3rd down and short stop against good-great teams. It comes from the top. TD and Smitty. We win enough games so that folks can say "hey at least its not the Rankin Smith era". But we cant ever win on the national stage.