We Got To Have J. Clowney In The Draft

falconcrest58

I've been so unimpressed with Clowney this year, he doesn't stand out in games I never really watched him last year and was excited to watch him this year but he doesn't seem like anything special. I remember watching Julius Peppers and Mario Williams in college they were unblockable this guy is not on there levell

Thes best thing you guys can do is try to trade down and rebuild depth and starts.

Lets say hypothetically you draft Clowney and he is the next von miller. Thats awesome! Guess what, Von miller does nothing for you when your QB is flat on his back. Or you cant stop the run, or you have no DB's that can cover or you have no young TE to work the seams.

You have many holes to fill, now is not the time to try and get greedy and get another "allegedly elite" player whe you have so many dire needs elsewhere.

Falcons need a bonafide pass rush threat, there is no doubt about that. Offensive line needs major work as well. I saw this season being mediocre all offseason... been extremely ho hum about this year for the Falcons. Still gonna watch when I can but my expectations are not high for this season at all.

The idea that Clowney is overrated is ridiculous to me. The guy is a beast and it's pretty obvious that he's just playing reserved this season to avoid injury. Get that dude in an NFL workout and training regimen and he's gonna be crazy good. It gets really old hearing about him all the time, but he's earned it unlike Teo last year.

To the poster who said he's not on Julius Peppers or Mario Williams level... uh, yeah he is. But since we're gonna talk about guys being unblockable in college, let's discuss Jamaal Anderson?

Nope. We need to Hoard draft picks to rebuild both lines. He'd require a Trade UP (unless we really tank this season) and burning of more future picks

Exactly. Clowney is going to be a monster, anyone thinking otherwise hasn't watched him throughout his career, but we are in no position to get him and he would have to experience an unheard of plummet in the draft to get anywhere close to a position we could nab him.

More importantly, we have bigger needs than DE. I am not at all thrilled with our End play, but OL is the biggest weakness on this team and has been for a couple of years. They are so bad it would be funny to watch if I wasn't a Falcons fan, most games are like a 60 minute blooper reel.