Magnifying Glass Will Be On Dirk Koetter, Td And Mike Smith The Rest Of This Season

Macintez

I know the title is "Captain Obvious" but I'm offering my perspective which makes this post somewhat unique.

This offense now officially has an identity under Dirk Koetter...Screens and Redzone stalls. The league has pretty much figured out this team offensively, or have they?

In one redzone trip, Matt Ryan had one read...

One freakin' read with ALL the weapons we have. Guess what, he (Tony) wasn't open and he threw it away. Why would Dirk call a pass play, with one read IN THE REDZONE?!

Easy...He simply doesn't trust the offensive line.

Thomas Dimitroff has done a good job drafting EXCEPT when it comes to the trenches. The problems on both the offensive and defensive line has been a mainstay in his tenure. Arthur Blank said he wanted to win now. Dimitroff went and got Julio Jones, but at that time our O-line play was solid.

Now it's unfair to desire a perfect team, but whatever a team's strength is, that strength needs to show up EVERY WEEK. With the 2011 Giants it was the D-line, with the 2010 Green Bay it was Aaron Rodgers. Our offense is not showing up and it's supposed to be the strength of this team.

In my opinion our defense is doing well enough for us to win games if our offense can put points on the board. Last night though, they flat out gave up until Tony G rallied the team. Then they got the stops when they needed to.

Julio (Who straight quit on the team up until that point) made some plays, got us in the redzone, and you know what happens when we get in the redzone lol.

Mike Smith gave the same ole' "We did some things alright but we didn't get the win" speech, trying to take the blame away from his players and staff and put it on himself, unknowingly making his seat hotter in the process. Outside of Tony G. I didn't see not one drop of heart on that field last night. I would've called them out, there's nothing wrong with constructive criticism.

This team has lost their will to win, and if they don't get it back soon fingers will continue to be pointed at these three individuals.

There does need to be some invesigation into why the no huddle is more effective than huddling up and letting Koetter call the plays. It moved the Falcons to the red zone several times, yet once there they started huddling again and stalled again. Ryan can seem to figure out what Koetter cannot, so I say promote Ryan to quarterback/ offensive coordinator?

Edited by AREA51

There does need to be some invesigation into why the no huddle is more effective than huddling up and letting Koetter call the plays. It moved the Falcons to the red zone several times, yet once there they started huddling again and stalled again. Ryan can seem to figure out what Koetter cannot, so I say promote Ryan to quarterback/ offensive coordinator?

For some reason I'm skeptical to giving Matt Ryan the keys to this offense ala Peyton Manning but I'm open to trying it for one game just to see the results. Ryan looked hesitant when he huddled, when he no-huddles the offense looked smooth, we just don't know how deep the playbook is.

Remember all off season I was saying we should get Reggie Bush, now that I see what Koetter does I don't think we would have used him properly.

I'm sure we looked at Reggie, but Jackson was the cheaper alternative so we went with him. We have yet to see him pay off and I'm thinking this bruise is more serious than we thought.

For some reason I'm skeptical to giving Matt Ryan the keys to this offense ala Peyton Manning but I'm open to trying it for one game just to see the results. Ryan looked hesitant when he huddled, when he no-huddles the offense looked smooth, we just don't know how deep the playbook is.

Manning has an Oline he can trust, Matt doesn't trust any of our Oline that is why he looks hesitant, he is always expecting a hit.

I'm sure we looked at Reggie, but Jackson was the cheaper alternative so we went with him. We have yet to see him pay off and I'm thinking this bruise is more serious than we thought.

Bush wasn't expensive at all, we just like Power backs which makes no sense considering how bad our Oline blocks and how little we run. Our rbs need to be RB/WRs IMO.

The playcalling in the red zone is absolutely atrocious. Ryan usually only has one read, maybe two, which is why we so often see him force the ball to receivers who are covered on 3rd and 4th down. I don't understand how we can spread the defense out with 5 receivers and still only give Ryan one or two real reads in the passing game. On that 4th down play last night to end the game, the incomplete to Roddy, Ryan really had no other choice but to force it in there against Aqib Talib... or check it down far short of the first down to Quizz (which is what he had to do on 3rd down). How the **** was Koetter's best play call "let's match our WR who has an ankle sprain up against the CB who's shut down Julio all night long?" I would've preferred another jump ball to Toilolo, to let him redeem himself, or even one of those screen passes to HD that never work, over yet another incomplete crossing route to Roddy in the middle of the end zone.