Three Quarters Left........a Long Way To Go

BendFalcon

After sleeping on this loss, I have pretty much the same concerns that are echoed in almost every thread over the past 12 hours.

I was disappointed in the teams performance. Good teams lay eggs at times, and I think thats what we just witnessed.

Matt made some poor passes that he usually delivers accurately. Julio had 3 balls go right though his hands, and we're not used to seeing that. The drop by our rookie Tight End, well, I'm sure I'm not the only one that wished that was TG in that position. Roddy needs to take off until the Buc's game and start being Roddy again.

The most alarming part of the loss is the fact that the Pat's defense had 5-6 guys in the box at times and we still couldn't run the ball. They were daring us to run it and when we did we typically got 3-4 yards. Oline issues, I know, but they really can improve with more time together as a unit. All this and we still almost came back. I don't know what to think of our RZ issues.

Maybe I'm nuts, but I think with our current lineup, injuries and all, we will start to get better each week. If we win each quarter remaining, I think we're in the playoffs. That would be at least 10-6. Whereas I see us getting better as the season progresses, I see the Saints starting to get exposed on defense, and will start dropping games. I don't have much faith in the Dolphins being able to do it, but in the weeks to come we can close the gap.

If we lose to either the Jets or the Buc's, I may start to feel differently, but a 3-3 record would feel a whole lot better than how we all feel today. The team will get healthier and the rookies will get better each game. I'm still optimistic......even after last night.

I'm not a homer....I see the weaknesses. I also see a team that can greatly improve in a short amount of time, and I'm not throwing in the towel yet. Heck if we lost all our remaining games, I would still watch them......like I always have.

Deep breath, exhale and forget the first quarter ever happened. Bring on the Jets.

After sleeping on this loss, I have pretty much the same concerns that are echoed in almost every thread over the past 12 hours.

I was disappointed in the teams performance. Good teams lay eggs at times, and I think thats what we just witnessed.

Matt made some poor passes that he usually delivers accurately. Julio had 3 balls go right though his hands, and we're not used to seeing that. The drop by our rookie Tight End, well, I'm sure I'm not the only one that wished that was TG in that position. Roddy needs to take off until the Buc's game and start being Roddy again.

The most alarming part of the loss is the fact that the Pat's defense had 5-6 guys in the box at times and we still couldn't run the ball. They were daring us to run it and when we did we typically got 3-4 yards. Oline issues, I know, but they really can improve with more time together as a unit. All this and we still almost came back. I don't know what to think of our RZ issues.

Maybe I'm nuts, but I think with our current lineup, injuries and all, we will start to get better each week. If we win each quarter remaining, I think we're in the playoffs. That would be at least 10-6. Whereas I see us getting better as the season progresses, I see the Saints starting to get exposed on defense, and will start dropping games. I don't have much faith in the Dolphins being able to do it, but in the weeks to come we can close the gap.

If we lose to either the Jets or the Buc's, I may start to feel differently, but a 3-3 record would feel a whole lot better than how we all feel today. The team will get healthier and the rookies will get better each game. I'm still optimistic......even after last night.

I'm not a homer....I see the weaknesses. I also see a team that can greatly improve in a short amount of time, and I'm not throwing in the towel yet. Heck if we lost all our remaining games, I would still watch them......like I always have.

Deep breath, exhale and forget the first quarter ever happened. Bring on the Jets.

sigh.....I read this and said " I'm not the only one". As much as I want to give up cause I see the harsh reality but the deep fan I am won't let me quit on this team. It's a emotional struggle a Falcon fan go through.

sigh.....I read this and said " I'm not the only one". As much as I want to give up cause I see the harsh reality but the deep fan I am won't let me quit on this team. It's a emotional struggle a Falcon fan go through.

You're not alone. Keep the faith....we'll know a lot more in the next 4 weeks.

To me the next two games will make or break the season. We SHOULD beat the Jets and the Bucs, especially at home. With the bye sandwiched in hopefully both Roddy and SJax will be healthy and we would be 3-3 and still have a decent shot at the playoffs. Lose either of those games though and even an optimist like myself will lose hope.

Falcons are absolutely in this. Look at the standings of the NFC teams. Most teams only have 2 wins or less. The NFC east is a mess, South is a mess outside of Saints, West has seattle doing well and 49ers are 2-2 and the North seems most complete with Lions and Bear 3-1 with Packers always scary. The Falcons have their flaws but so do so many other teams in NFC. They need to get healthy and start the streak against the Jets.

We are a play or two away in each game from being 4-0 or at the very least 3-1... we are so close, but we are killing ourselves in ways that we usually don't kill ourselves. We have moments of dominance in every game, but they are flashes, and haven't been able to sustain. I know it is frustrating, but if we figure out how to play 4 quarters of football, then this is going to get turned around very quickly. The NFCN teams are going to beat each other. We have 3 very winnable games coming up, could easily push us to 4-3. If we can beat the Panthers at that point we could be 5-3 w Seattle coming to town. Then we're looking at a tough stretch, but 9-7 could potentially sneak into the playoffs, you never know. If this team does finally come together, we have more than enough talent to go 9-3 the rest of the way. Just gotta take it one game at a time, and win the one right in front of you...