Matt Ryan Got His Mega Deal

tsarcasm

So now it's time to stopping playing game manager to protect his INT % and start attacking. Matt's penchant for throwing the ball away to avoid the sack was OK when we had a 1300 yd RB. Now, with 3 talented receivers, Matt has to start making plays in the red zone. 420 yds between the 20 yard marks is pretty, but doesn't win games.

Muskoka, quit whining about Matt Ryan and the Julio trade. Matt wasn't great, but he got us back in the game, like he ALWAYS does and the receivers didn't do much to help him out. Our D let the Pats convert a 3rd and 19, then got embarrassed by a 3rd string RB.

The contract is done, the Julio trade is done. Focus on what the team can do to get better. Give up the agenda. No one cares.

Matt needs to play better, but holding the $100 million contract over his head is moronic. He earned the contract. It's done.

Does being the only non Super Bowl winner in the $20M club buy Ryan more latitude or less?

No one cares Musk. He got his deal. He's here for the long haul, and while he could have played better, he's the least of our problems. I know you hate him, and you had to change your username because of the embarrassment you've become attacking him, but he's not going anywhere.

Go be a Bills fan. They're closer, and they can give you legitimate reasons to whine.

Do you defend Mike Smith as fervently as you defend the Ryan deal and Julio trade? Why are those two entitled to undying loyalty, despite the shortcomings in their circumstances, while Mike Smith gets thrown under the bus?

We have a culture problem. That's on Mike Smith, but I support Smitty, and I want him to be the coach. I am not one of those calling for his head. That said, he's the most culpable in my eyes, because the buck stops with him. Matt and Julio, of anyone in the Falcons organization deserve the least criticism. Matt wasn't great, and Julio let Talib get in his head, but other than that, I'm more concerned about the OL, and the D continuously letting teams convert 3rd and longs.

Muskoka, quit whining about Matt Ryan and the Julio trade. Matt wasn't great, but he got us back in the game, like he ALWAYS does and the receivers didn't do much to help him out. Our D let the Pats convert a 3rd and 19, then got embarrassed by a 3rd string RB.

The contract is done, the Julio trade is done. Focus on what the team can do to get better. Give up the agenda. No one cares.

Matt needs to play better, but holding the $100 million contract over his head is moronic. He earned the contract. It's done.

I agree with everything you said except for the last part..Matt has turned this franchise around and I'm the biggest fan but I don't think he earned that $100 million dollar contract especially since most if not all of the QB's in the league that have a triple figure contract all have 1 thing in common and that's Super Bowl ring or rings..We should of pulled a flacco and see what happened this year before resigning him.. If we didn't resign him and won the big game, then that will be money well spent on a Super Bowl QB..but there is high expectation for him and he is not meeting that..yes football is a team game and by all means Matt has done his part where we could be undefeated right now but all I'm saying is we should of let him play this season out..

It seems like our organization just don't make the right call at the right time. Us as fans only wanted Ryan resigned now so we could free up cap space to make a move on a free agent. Well we didn't resign him but we didn''t get any cap relief. So, Matt Ryan is on the verge of not making the playoffs right now, where we should have let him play this year out then see what he do. If we didn't make the playoffs then Ryan deal wouldn't have been as bad now.

Its not just Ryan. Its also the recievers, the oline, the coaching. Nobody has played their part.

Not just Ryan, but he is the leader of the O, is he not? If he doesn't like a play in the red zone, he should change it. He can't get happy feet and sail throws either in a critical situation. Almost every time a TD needs to be had he is fading away and/or floating. Step in and take the the hit.

Tsarcasm is the only username I've had. Barely been here two months.

Again, why is a $5M 1st rd OLT subject to relentless criticism without your anger, while a 1st rd QB making 4 times as much is not?

Aren't the Bills 2-2?

The 1st rd OLT playing bad is the norm while Ryan missing throws is much less continual.

Tsarcasm is the only username I've had. Barely been here two months.

Again, why is a $5M 1st rd OLT subject to relentless criticism without your anger, while a 1st rd QB making 4 times as much is not?

Aren't the Bills 2-2?

I never said Matt was immune to criticism. I said he didn't play great, but he's literally the LEAST of our problems. It just fits your agenda to make Matt Ryan the center of the issue.

Are you seriously comparing Sam Baker to Matt Ryan? As if they are even in the same plane of importance?

I agree with everything you said except for the last part..Matt has turned this franchise around and I'm the biggest fan but I don't think he earned that $100 million dollar contract especially since most if not all of the QB's in the league that have a triple figure contract all have 1 thing in common and that's Super Bowl ring or rings..We should of pulled a flacco and see what happened this year before resigning him.. If we didn't resign him and won the big game, then that will be money well spent on a Super Bowl QB..but there is high expectation for him and he is not meeting that..yes football is a team game and by all means Matt has done his part where we could be undefeated right now but all I'm saying is we should of let him play this season out..

Individual contracts are not based on team production.

He was/is the worst poster in AFMB history as far as I'm concerned. I suspect you aren't him, because that d0uche could be spotted from a mile away.

It's him, it's the exact same talking points, but toned down because he utterly humiliated himself. Same agenda, same schtick, just a little more subtle.

It seems like our organization just don't make the right call at the right time. Us as fans only wanted Ryan resigned now so we could free up cap space to make a move on a free agent. Well we didn't resign him but we didn''t get any cap relief. So, Matt Ryan is on the verge of not making the playoffs right now, where we should have let him play this year out then see what he do. If we didn't make the playoffs then Ryan deal wouldn't have been as bad now.

You're out of your mind. Ryan is still having a amazing season DESPITE the rest of the team. He has no oline, no defense and no run and is still on pace for over 5000 yards ,30+ tds, a higher completion percentage, and a higher qb rating behind one of the worst olines in the nfl. He would have still got his money. Its not his fault the rest of his team didn't play their part. That's like saying julio wouldn't get his mega deal if the falcons missed the playoffs. Julio is also on pace to have a great season and will get a mega deal with or without a falcons playoff berth

Edited by BrandonDell_

So now it's time to stopping playing game manager to protect his INT % and start attacking. Matt's penchant for throwing the ball away to avoid the sack was OK when we had a 1300 yd RB. Now, with 3 talented receivers, Matt has to start making plays in the red zone. 420 yds between the 20 yard marks is pretty, but doesn't win games.

It's the play calling to me. Matt moves the ball at will from no huddle. Then they get cute in the redzone when they huddle up. The red zone should be plays that the defense knows is coming but we dare you to stop it. Trick plays in the redzone take too long. Bring in fatboys and pound it in sometimes. It's like we always try and throw it in. F dat. Run a sweep sometimes.