And We're Back To 3 Yard Pass Plays

What a joke. I thought this was a Murlarky thing with the leash on Ryan. It's an absolute joke that we don't go down field more like last year. I'm sick of 2 and 3 yard screens and outs. The dumb Julio screen works once every 5 games. The last drive pass to Douglas never works. The dump off to Snelling never work. Start throwing the ball down field. 10+ yards not 3 yards.

I think the redzone playcalling is laughable. You're like 4 yards away from the endzone, and you call a screen to Julio? That's the best you come up with? 4th and 2... your RIGHT HANDED quarterback is told to sprint LEFT and throw on the run... now, Roddy was wide open and the throw itself was pure crap, but still again I'm not a fan of a rollout play in the redzone.

This is the reason why ryan has such a high completion percentage. 90% of his passes are under 10 yards in depth. He barely attempts any difficult downfield throws. He takes no risks. He throws the ball away when threatened and avoids sacks. Sure, it looks great in the stat book, but will it win you games? Playing so conservatively?

Edited by bt12483

This is the reason why ryan has such a high completion percentage. 90% of his passes are under 10 yards in depth. He barely attempts any difficult downfield throws. He takes no risks. He throws the ball away when threatened and avoids sacks. Sure, it looks great in the stat book, but will it win you games? Playing so conservatively?

I can't believe you're still worrying about ryan when flacco is one of the worst qbs in the nfl.

You have bigger problems on your hand then matt ryan

Edited by BrandonDell_

He doesn't have time to attempt many things down field. You clearly haven't seen the oline in action.

When the oline gave him a little time yesterday he attempted several throws downfield.

make time. Elite qbs make time. Stop blaming every single thing on the OL. Ryan is the leader. Edited by bt12483

Every single post makes you look less and less knowledgeable about football....its fantastic.

every 3 yard pass makes Ryan look less and less "elite".

People are seemingly just now catching on to what I've seen all year. That low aDOT problem looks chronic. Dude is a checkdown machine.