What Espn Michael Smith Just Said

stizz

He says that we should not worry and that we'll get back on task when some of our main guys heal.It sucks that we're 1-3. No denying that.But we saw some improvements in Smitty by showing some aggressiveness in going for it in the same way he did earlier in his Falcons tenure.I'm not the biggest Smitty fan, but I think he hears the Schottenheimer light complaints and is trying to correct that view of him.

I see some changes on the Oline coming, similar to the changes at LB.

He says that we should not worry and that we'll get back on task when some of our main guys heal.It sucks that we're 1-3. No denying that.But we saw some improvements in Smitty by showing some aggressiveness in going for it in the same way he did earlier in his Falcons tenure.I'm not the biggest Smitty fan, but I think he hears the Schottenheimer light complaints and is trying to correct that view of him.

I see some changes on the Oline coming, similar to the changes at LB.

TOO LATE!!!!!!

How? Unless it's taking all of our injured players to a shaman, there isn't much changes we can make. We need to right this ship and remember that things will get better.

Baker, White and SJax could all be healthy after the bye. That would make the O much better, which in turn, would ease pressure on the D.

I think the season is over, anyone we get we do not need to spend draft picks on, let's scrap through this crappy year and restock in the draft and address the oline and dline.

I do not want us making stupid moves and trading future picks to get mediocre players mid season.

Take our lumps suck it up this year and fill the real holes in this team that everyone see's next off season.

Dimitroff will make some changes on O-Line thiis week.

How? Even if they go get someone, unless that person is familiar with Koetter's offense (i.e., another Jags retread), they won't be able to contribute for a few weeks at least. Our backups aren't any better than our starters. And it's not like there's a slew of blue chippers just waiting for the Falcons to call them up.

I don't see the o-line significantly improving until next season, if then. I do hope they gel a bit and we see some modest improvement to at least allow us to compete.

By the time guys get healthy and come back it may be too late.

And if you think about it we might be in rebuilding mode next season.

Needs: TE, OL, RB, LB, DL

Na

LT, RG NT, NT FB are the needs we need to focus on, SJ should be ok and any of our other RB's will do alot better with a better oline.

We just need some fat nasty monsters added to both lines and a monster FB.

Edited by MAD597

Well at 1-3 we're down to 9% chance of making the playoffs with Seattle, San Fran and New Orleans still to play.

What's your point my friend? Most people would give up on this season after the type of injuries that we have. It's about how you finish. Let's not become too spoiled. We went 13-3 last season, and a lot of those games were close. We were a few plays away from last season being identical to this season.

Dimitroff will make some changes on O-Line thiis week.

You mean TD or Smith? I can guarantee you our backups are no better than who we have in there.

And what possible trade could TD make to get a solid multi year starting OLineman that doesn't involve someone like Roddy or Willy Mo? Are we gonna gut the team further? And GOD HELP US if he deals away another 1st rounder for short term immediate need. That would absolutely be the worst thing we could do.

No, frankly I think we're stuck with what we have.

Aggressiveness?? Where

I thought the same thing. Yeah 4th and 2 and Matt tries to pass the ball, I just wonder if because all the short yardage failures when Turner was RB for the Falcons if that has made Smitty scared to call a running play on short yardage downs. I'm probably wrong about that, but it sure seems that way sometimes.

How? Unless it's taking all of our injured players to a shaman, there isn't much changes we can make. We need to right this ship and remember that things will get better.

fans especially have to remember this too.we just got to get some of our guys healthy and back on track.i was kinda curious that holmes wasnt put back out there at RT i know hes has some growing pains and i thought they were kinda high on him.but i like the fact that smitty is willing to make some changes to the starting lineup..put the best guys or maybe in our case the healthiest guys out there and hope for the best.but theres no reason they cant turn this thing around and i dont think they need to focus on the division..just taking it a game at a time get some positive momentum and CONFIDENCE which i think thats another thing thats lacking with this team also

By the time guys get healthy and come back it may be too late.

And if you think about it we might be in rebuilding mode next season.

Needs: TE, OL, RB, LB, DL

Ok, even if this is correct, I think this is pretty doable.

RBs are ALWAYS available in the midrounds....3-5. Also, MJD, Ben Tate, McFadden are all FAs

TE: lots of quality options available in FA: Davis, Pettigrew, Graham, Finley, Myers all available

Lots of OL/DL/LB talent on the FA front as well. And the draft looks pretty solid next year too.

We clearly need an infusion of talent but this is a strong roster already. I think we can compete for a WC this year and still plug leaks next off season.