Jeff Fish

Andre5000

olines and dline can get better...i.e. look at harvey dahl and tyson clabo. It takes time and real game reps. That's not the issue here...not even close. Will lamar holmes get better...YES. Will Konz get better...Sure. But that takes a season or 2. The problem here is this year was supposed to be the championship year. So the Konz and Holmes development time should have been delayed to next year. Not this year. The falcons should have signed good vet's for the next year or 2 while the youngster's develop. But they didn't do that. You can't win a championship and develop players at the same time. It doesn't work.

Dude wasnt here last year and we was good last year,...

yeah he was.. There was an article in the AJC about most of the players being shocked he got fired after last year.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/falcons-release-trainer-jeff-fish/nT4W2/

Fired on Jan 22 2013

Jeff Fish, the Falcons director of athletic performance, was released on Tuesday, the team confirmed.

The move is surprising because several players credited Fish with improving their strength, speed and agility.

Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez credited Fish's kettle bell workouts with helping him to continue to play at a high level at age 36.

He also oversaw quarterback Matt Ryan's offseason workouts last season that were credited for his improve strength down the stretch.

Except for the 2009 season, the team has not been beset with a great deal of serious injuries on Fish's watch.

During the 2008 season, he was fined $2,500 by the league for his role in a sideline skirmish that involved Washington cornerback DeAngelo Hall.

A voice message was left for Fish.

Alex Marvez of Fox Sports, who's in Mobile, Ala. with Falcons officials, first reported the move and that A.J. Neibel is slated as Fish's replacement.

Neibel has been with the Falcons for two seasons. He has experince in Major League Baseball with the San Francisco Giants (2008-09) and the NFL with the Oakland Raiders (2003-09).

Fish had just completed his fourth season with the Falcons. He directed all aspects of the Falcons' physical development, injury prevention, rehabilitation and nutrition, among other responsibilities, according to his bio on the team's website.

Fish has 20-plus years of experience in the strength & conditioning and athletic performance.

Prior to joining the Falcons, Fish spent the previous four seasons (2004-07) as the head strength and conditioning coach of the Oakland Raiders.

He also worked at the University of Missouri (2001-03), the Kansas City Chiefs, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tulsa, Kent State, Clemson and Western Michigan.

We did, we fired the OLine coach after the SF game last year along with Fish... see how that worked out for us. I was excited about Pat Hill and it appears to be for no reason.

Hard to make Sh## from Shinola

For the record, I don't support firing Smith, but if they did, I want Robiskie to at least get an interview. He has the fire you guys talk about.

I like him too