These Are The Times When You Find Out If Your A Football Fan Or A Winning Fan.

Guest fibonacci

considering selling the rest of my season tics---what kinda fan does that make me? terrible, band wagon? Lets just say I filp out and start screaming watching them implode this year---no kidding, I'm that into it shallow and upset

Edited by Nono

I have been a fan since the 70s. I know what this feels like. It used to be the norm.

I'm a Falcon's fan. However, if it is all the same to you, I much prefer winning. If we can't win, I'd settle for playing up to our potential.

We are still efforting. We are not going to be happy when we figure out how hurt Julio really is. Guys are laying it out there, but losing concentration in the critical moments.

They have become too comfortable. They expect victory to come in the end. Their confidence is working against them. A little worry would do them good.

considering selling the rest of my season tics---what kinda fan does that make me? terrible, band wagon? Lets just say I filp out and start screaming watching them implode this year---no kidding, I'm that into it shallow and upset

Your still considered a fan. I would agree with you. If i had season tickets to a crappy football team why waste my time watching when I know they would lose. That does not make you any less of a fan.

This thread is some BS. Since when is fandom blindly waving the pompoms for the team?

No, your post is BS. There are 32 teams. Taking the law of averages, you're gonna wait almost half your life for a championship.

Now all this is assuming you actually have some loyalty and pull for ONE team through thick and thin rather than just finding the next hot "flavor of the month" media darlings and jump on their bandwagon. I'm assuming you are the latter.

Guest fibonacci

No, your post is BS. There are 32 teams. Taking the law of averages, you're gonna wait almost half your life for a championship.

Now all this is assuming you actually have some loyalty and pull for ONE team through thick and thin rather than just finding the next hot "flavor of the month" media darlings and jump on their bandwagon. I'm assuming you are the latter.

**** son, i wish i could give you post of the week/month/YEAR award.

Much respect on that one.

Being an NFL fan is freaking hard. Only one team gets to be champion unlike say college football where even if you don't end the year number 1 you still have the chance to hang up a major banner for winning your conference or one of the four other major bowl games.

win or lose like last night, i will watch my team untill the clock hits 0:00 but, I will vent and complain, if i didn't do this, would that mean that I dont really care about this team and how well or bad they do? I will complain more than anyone but, i will watch every game, every play and every second of the game just like i did in 2007 with Redman/Harrington/Leftwitch at the helm.....

Ive been a Falcons fan since i was a child. And your assumptions are wrong no matter how much you bold it. I actually posted other another name "beantownfalc" here since the early 2000's. Your law of averages rationale is something made up, because in the last 20 years, there have been multiple franchises that have won multiple rings. I guess the Pats won enough for 3 lifetimes, what about the Ravens? The Giants? the Broncos? The Pack? Out of the teams with ZERO superbowl victories half the teams are expansion teams. Am i not a fan because i was believed in the "superbowl or bust" mantra and heard the whining about lack of respect and brought into the Falcons? Right now they might not even make it to the playoffs much less win a ring.

So, you old timers don't get disappointed with losses such as these? I doubt that to be the truth. I'm not gonna dump the team or anything, but I'm as disappointed as I've ever been in this team. Were my expectations too high? It would appear so, but only because the team claimed to be ready to take the next step. If they weren't, why bring back TG? He wouldn't have come back if he had not believed that. Do you think he's disappointed?

I have been a fan since the 70s. I know what this feels like. It used to be the norm.

I'm a Falcon's fan. However, if it is all the same to you, I much prefer winning. If we can't win, I'd settle for playing up to our potential.

We are still efforting. We are not going to be happy when we figure out how hurt Julio really is. Guys are laying it out there, but losing concentration in the critical moments.

They have become too comfortable. They expect victory to come in the end. Their confidence is working against them. A little worry would do them good.

Same here. I have stuck by this team since I was 4 years old (Barkowski years) & dealt with the embarrassing dumpster fire this team has been since 1966. What good does having 5 winnings seasons when you don't even have a phuckin NFC Championship trophy to show for it. Last year was the only opportunity this squad had to reach the big game. Pissed it away. Ripped my heart out yet again. I come in to work this morning & my azzhole boss who is a Pats fan decorated my phuckin cube with Patriots ****. Phuck Smitty. Fire him now.

Ive been a Falcons fan since i was a child. And your assumptions are wrong no matter how much you bold it. I actually posted other another name "beantownfalc" here since the early 2000's. Your law of averages rationale is something made up, because in the last 20 years, there have been multiple franchises that have won multiple rings. I guess the Pats won enough for 3 lifetimes, what about the Ravens? The Giants? the Broncos? The Pack? Out of the teams with ZERO superbowl victories half the teams are expansion teams. Am i not a fan because i was believed in the "superbowl or bust" mantra and heard the whining about lack of respect and brought into the Falcons? Right now they might not even make it to the playoffs much less win a ring.

No, my law of averages are exactly correct. It doesn't matter how many teams win multiples, there are other teams that balance that out.

ON AVERAGE, an NFL fan of only one team will witness a championship every 32 years. The numbers are the numbers. You can't change the math. We unfortunately just happen to be pulling for one of the teams that "balance it out". lol.

And about your tenure of the "Early 2000s":

Any Falcon fan who has any historical context whatsoever understands how good we have it now. Sure, it can be better and that's what AB is expecting. It always can be better. Packer fans are just as frustrated as we are right now and they have 4 rings.

Let's say you became a fan in 2001 then.

So you've seen Vick and the current regime. Geezzz...you've only seen relative success in your limited framework and have no freaking idea what the flip side of that coin is. Go ask Steven Jackson about St. Louis or Tony about KC, or Archie Manning about New Orleans in the 70s, or OJ freaking Simpson about Buffalo in the same time frame.

I'll give you some more bolding. From 2001-current including playoffs the Atlanta Falcons are 108-87 for a .553 win percentage. If you throw out the perfect storm train wreck of 2007 we are at .581.The ALL TIME NFL franchise won loss percentage leader is the Chicago Bears with .579. So since you have been a fan we have almost equaled the best all time.

We have no Super Bowl appearances in these twelve full years of your fandom. But we have playoff appearances in 6 of 12 years, 3 of the last 5, and 5 straight winning seasons. In the last 5 years we have the best winning percentage in the NFC. We were just beaten by the team with the best overall.

The current Falcon regime entails the best owner in franchise history (really...anyone wanna argue that?), the best head coach by win % in franchise history by a RIDICULOUS margin, and statistically the best QB in franchise history by W-L as a starter and almost every other category except total passing yards (which will fall soon). Of all the major components in the current regime, only the GM is debatable as not the franchise best ever imo. And considering he put most of the other pieces in place, he has to share at least a little credit.

No clue...no clue

Guest fibonacci

So, you old timers don't get disappointed with losses such as these? I doubt that to be the truth. I'm not gonna dump the team or anything, but I'm as disappointed as I've ever been in this team. Were my expectations too high? It would appear so, but only because the team claimed to be ready to take the next step. If they weren't, why bring back TG? He wouldn't have come back if he had not believed that. Do you think he's disappointed?

i get being hurt, disappointed etcetc.

So may i ask you. "did you see mike Smith fight? Did you see us as almost the team to come back?"

And it's not like the pats were like the falcons past week, with letting a team comer back. The pats were fighting.