Bizzaro Falcons

SyCo

everything we seem to know about the falcons, has some how come undone. its like we're in an alternate universe and watching some strange team.

reasons the falcons won up to 2012

disciplined: Mike Smiths calling card was his team didn't give away field. while you can say it took away from their aggressiveness, it forced opponents to beat us straight up with no mistakes to capitalize on.

clutch plays: matt ryan put up, what is now, average numbers, but nearly always put the team in position to win, or delivered a heart crushing blow to opponents in the final seconds of the game.

reasons falcons are losing in 2013

undisciplined: penalties, over, and over, and over. falcons rely heavily on gameplans, and strategy. there is no game plan for 1st and 20.

no clutch plays. no nothing.: getting us to the goal line is great matt, but throwing the ball into the stands doesn't put points on the board. great qbs make plays when the game is on the line. three losses have come by, 1. stupid play calls, and 2. bad throws.

i don't know what's going on with these guys. i understand the oline is ****** up , but Matts had decent time to make something happen. last year, he was playing with confidence. this year he looks scared.

the one consistent thing going is mike Smith is still a tool. i couldn't even make up some of the things he's doing.

Ryan doesnt trust the guys in front of him

Roddys injury is huge for Ryan. He doesnt have that go to guy on simple out routes.

Tony played good last night but its so obvious he isnt the same anymore.

Turners production hasnt been replaced and cant be with the Oline not blocking good enough

Take a look at Detroit in 2012 and you'll see what Atl is doing this year

I know we're not supposed to play the injury card here but, honestly, it is affecting the falcons more than most realize. The depth was questioned in the preseason but others tried to disregard it.

BS, the Pats have a ton of injuries and they're still playing. The Falcons cannot use this as an excuse, they just have to man up and make the best of this situation...and they will!

xJimBrown_RaquelWelch_1.jpg,qitok=VTsqnVQA.pagespeed.ic._lIPQ78X7F.jpg

overall depth we are dead in the water.

we have weapons on offense that we will not give chances to which is absurd when you think about who they can learn from.

Darius Johnson and James Rodgers?

both can ball if given the chance.

Brady would make them into pro bowl receivers because he floats that ball to everyone.

depth in the trenches.... well we are screwed to be frank.

overall depth we are dead in the water.

we have weapons on offense that we will not give chances to which is absurd when you think about who they can learn from.

Darius Johnson and James Rodgers?

both can ball if given the chance.

Brady would make them into pro bowl receivers because he floats that ball to everyone.

depth in the trenches.... well we are screwed to be frank.

I like both of your rookie CBs but it was unrealistic to think that they would come in and be anything more than rookies with a ton of upside, no matter who they practice against everyday. That upside will be, more than likely, realized in a year or two. They both show a lot of promise.

With S. Jackson out, some are realizing that Jizz (or whatever you guys call him) is not really capable of getting it done consistently. I don't know why Snelling doen't get more opportunity.

With Matthew, JJ, TG and Roddy all in place (dinged up or not), servicable back ups should be able to step in and keep it going. Maybe, as said during the preseason when they were losing to other back ups, your back ups are not really servicable.

W?W, that's a depth issue. Injuries just bring the question of depth to the forefront. And, I'll take that pointy head reference in stride....at least you not talking about my ***hole anymore. wink.png

Edited by mvcrook

Overall depth is the reason for the Falcons demise. Some blow their horn and say TD made a great move to get JJ and they'd give up 5 picks again for another player of his caliber, but those other 4 premium draft choices could be another OL, DL, LB and RB on the roster today.

Teams suffer injuries all the time and depth either wins/losses ball games. Making the JJ move was done because the Falcons thought they were 1 player away from a SB run. Now we are watching JJ excel as a star 3 years later, but the team is falling further from that SB run. Trading 5 picks for JJ was no different than when Ditka killed the Saints trading an entire draft class for Ricky Williams. It crushed depth of the team. Its why teams don't easily part with draft choices.

They've painted themselves in a corner WRT Roddy IMO. They can't afford to be any less experienced on offense at this juncture, and some Falcons fan will have to inform me who all is behind HD on the depth chart. Going all-in on the best WR tandem in the NFL has its pitfalls, I guess.

They've painted themselves in a corner WRT Roddy IMO. They can't afford to be any less experienced on offense at this juncture, and some Falcons fan will have to inform me who all is behind HD on the depth chart. Going all-in on the best WR tandem in the NFL has its pitfalls, I guess.

drew davis is behind HD i believe

EDIT:

Drew Davis is behind Roddy White

Kevin Cone is behind HD

Edited by VoidedSaint

lol Julio trade has nothing to do with this. let it go

since when are fourth round picks, premium?

Don't normally disagree with you, but if the loss of draft choices isn't a problem, what is? Team depth is hurting the Falcons. I assume we can agree on that? So the absence of 4 players in the JJ trade didn't hurt?

Don't normally disagree with you, but if the loss of draft choices isn't a problem, what is? Team depth is hurting the Falcons. I assume we can agree on that? So the absence of 4 players in the JJ trade didn't hurt?

Julio might as well be four players.