Don't Tell Me Smith Hasn't Lost This Team

Steampunk

Players are not stupid, they play this game for their livelihood ,they know when something is not working. They also are sick of Smith and the rest of these clowns passing the buck on to the players. "We didn't execute" "we need to get better" "we need time to gel" That's Smith, the same guy who allows Nolan to send 3 on a 3rd and 19 against Brady. Do you guys think players do not talk ? I wonder how many on the defense are shaking their head wondering why the coaches called a 3 man rush there??????. Why Koetter cant get into the end zone?? we have shyt game plans...our offence is beautiful for the first 10 scripted plays, then we just wing it? There is no direction from the coaches, we are thin in talent because of our drafting and lack of picking up any jewels in later rnds other than the very odd player. Players talk.

Smitty has lost the room and if you think not just look at TG when he walked by Smith last night and didn't even look at him when the said "good job" he just kept going. You think its injuries?? just how much do you think we improve when we get a few guys back ? that's right, not enough to right this sinking ship. Time to call off the Jacksonville Jaguar experiment and dump these clowns, they have obv plateaued and we have nowhere to go but down, as we are now witnessing. Nolan has been talking weird in interviews and his defense is playing ever weirder, enough already. Players talk they know they are not prepared, they know they are out coached every game, they know they are put in bad positions and then asked to " Execute better" Mark this down folks, we have trouble going 8 and 8 this year and I think the coaches are to blame , they are in control and the only one who can change things is our dear owner Arthur.

Mike Smith hasn't lost this team.

Injuries and inexperience at Oline and secondary are severe problems that you're ignoring because you don't like Smith.

Mike Smith hasn't lost this team and that will be evident in the next month, when the Falcons play their way back into playoff contention.

I like mike smith does that mean I'm ignoring that stuff too? I just call what I see .

I mean saying something like "ohh you don't like mike smith" what kind of stupid statement is this? This is an individual that was hired to possibly accomplish getting this team and the fans what they have been wanting. Why would we initially not support him? The reason dude has lost me, is because it's the same thing year in and year out I was agitated with his losing leads the first 13-3 season when we ended up getting embarrassed on national T.v. by the Packers

Mike Smith hasn't lost this team.

Injuries and inexperience at Oline and secondary are severe problems that you're ignoring because you don't like Smith.

Mike Smith hasn't lost this team and that will be evident in the next month, when the Falcons play their way back into playoff contention.

I happen to like Coach Smith, seems like a nice quiet man, sincere and all that, I just think he is in over his head lately. Who allows a 3 man rush on a 3rd and 19 ? didn't one of Smiths coordinators call that play or did the players just not "execute" .Rose colored glasses are a wonderful thing, everything is bright and cheery on the other side.

I don't know that he is inspiring the team. I don't know that he is lighting a fire under them. However, Mike Smith hasn't lost this team.

I'm going to take what the players say at face value. I see players pointing fingers at their own mistakes. As long as people understand accountability he hasn't lost the team.

I like mike smith does that mean I'm ignoring that stuff too? I just call what I see .

No, but if don't think the injuries and the inexperience on the Oline & secondary are more of a problem than Smiths coaching, I think you're wrong.

If I'm right, this team will right itself, Smith will keep them playing hard until the wounded get back and the kids get some more experience and make fewer mistakes.

LOL at this statement. Okay let's just assume that the players are not feeling the play calling. Why aren't the players suggesting any ideas?

If Matt Ryan is what everyone makes him out to be (The next Peyton Manning) Why hasn't he told Koetter to GTFO?

If the defensive players aren't happy with the calls. Why hasn't a defensive leader voice his opinion?

Finally, Let's assume we fire Mike Smith. Who do we hire to replace him? Who are the coordinators to replace Koetter and Nolan?

You forget we have 5 winning seasons. You forget that every team has a down years, some most than others. If it's not our year this year then so be it, but remember that we have a first class orginazation and we will be relevant year after year. Not like the Jaguars or the Bills. When was the last time they were relevant. I was still in middle school and they suck until this day. LOL

This is all part of being a NFL fan. The highs and lows that come with it. I beleive we all get caught up in the emotions of the game but in reality decisions should be based on logic and probability.

We're thin at key areas yes.

I understand the injuries and agree with you there. I guess we are both guessing whether or not Smith has lost the team and disagree that's fine. I know for sure that players obv talk about their boss and that we are in continual bad positions in football games, that is fact as it was at the end of the season last year. We also know that Smith who is speaking for his staff keeps saying we have to "execute better" meaning players. Im guessing there are big problems at the Branch atm.

I happen to like Coach Smith, seems like a nice quiet man, sincere and all that, I just think he is in over his head lately. Who allows a 3 man rush on a 3rd and 19 ? didn't one of Smiths coordinators call that play or did the players just not "execute" .Rose colored glasses are a wonderful thing, everything is bright and cheery on the other side.

Where have I said anything about this being a bright and cheery situation?

RT, LT, RB, FB,WR, LB, DE, CB,LB injured, four different pieces on the Oline, 6 players on D with no experience logging serious snaps. Yeah, any coach can overcome that.

I mean saying something like "ohh you don't like mike smith" what kind of stupid statement is this? This is an individual that was hired to possibly accomplish getting this team and the fans what they have been wanting. Why would we initially not support him? The reason dude has lost me, is because it's the same thing year in and year out I was agitated with his losing leads the first 13-3 season when we ended up getting embarrassed on national T.v. by the Packers

For anyone who thinks the players have forgotten the wasted 13-3 seasons shame on you.....

They are in the middle of this crap. unsure.png And i seriously doubt the view is any better from there ! wacko.png

No, but if don't think the injuries and the inexperience on the Oline & secondary are more of a problem than Smiths coaching, I think you're wrong.

If I'm right, this team will right itself, Smith will keep them playing hard until the wounded get back and the kids get some more experience and make fewer mistakes.

it's not about being right or wrong. I'm just tired of seein the injuries used as an excuse. We weren't banged up till the Miami game and we still didn't look great the first 2 weeks. Teams have injuries and bad Oline and youth where is their excuse?

LOL at this statement. Okay let's just assume that the players are not feeling the play calling. Why aren't the players suggesting any ideas?

If Matt Ryan is what everyone makes him out to be (The next Peyton Manning) Why hasn't he told Koetter to GTFO?

If the defensive players aren't happy with the calls. Why hasn't a defensive leader voice his opinion?

Finally, Let's assume we fire Mike Smith. Who do we hire to replace him? Who are the coordinators to replace Koetter and Nolan?

You forget we have 5 winning seasons. You forget that every team has a down years, some most than others. If it's not our year this year then so be it, but remember that we have a first class orginazation and we will be relevant year after year. Not like the Jaguars or the Bills. When was the last time they were relevant. I was still in middle school and they suck until this day. LOL

This is all part of being a NFL fan. The highs and lows that come with it. I beleive we all get caught up in the emotions of the game but in reality decisions should be based on logic and probability.

You can LOL at my statement but I can assure you I know something about being a fan of this team, I have been a serious fan since I was 17 and after 40 years of following "My team" yes that is my opinion. So yes I am older than dirt and yes I think we have bigger problems than injuries right now. No one has explained here yet why we have so many bad coaching moments in game altering situations, I believe its coaching. I also believe we have been in the RED Zone more than enough times to win every game even with a depleted roster and it is a total panic situation every time we get there. Some of its playing but most of it is poorly thought out plays, rushed play calling, it looks like no one is ready and then we can add in the horrid clock management and use of time outs. Coaching. Players talk. I think Smith has lost the room and I don't think the players have any confidence in this coaching staff. Lets rush 3 against Tom Brady on 3rd and 19....I wonder how many D coodinaters call that ? , Look at what that slob Rob Ryan has done in New Orleans with the Worst d in the league and no real changes from last year....yeah coaching.

Yes he did lose this team after the 49ers loss. When Matt Ryan threw the ball to an obviously covered Roddy White to try to draw the flag. Any real qb knows that doesn't work in that situation, referees always let you play it out in that situation. And it's funny that Ryan is doing the same thing this year and the ref's are not bailing him out like in years past. If you don't believe me look at the saint's game.

it's not about being right or wrong. I'm just tired of seein the injuries used as an excuse. We weren't banged up till the Miami game and we still didn't look great the first 2 weeks. Teams have injuries and bad Oline and youth where is their excuse?

Lost 5 starters during the STL game.White hasn't been healthy all year long, lost starting RT in preseason.

It's not just injuries- it's also youth and inexperience in key spots- Oline & secondary.

Watch how this team responds over the next month. Really don't think Smith has lost them.